Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2023, 11:31   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltrozGuy View Post

Bought a Ford Ecosport 2018 Titanium+ Automatic: Review

Congratulations ! You have got a great car and you will enjoy driving the Ecosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltrozGuy View Post
... Any notable changes from V2.3 to V3.4?

I cannot find changelog related to this anywhere
The biggest visible change is in the colour scheme. You can update it yourself via a pendrive by following the instructions here - https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/sync-...update-to-3-4/

An alternate method is to log in to the Ford owners page, register the VIN and download the update from there.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 15:10   #1487
BHPian

Does anyone have an idea if i can find the spare parts for fitting the cargo management system in the ecosport? Mine is a titanium edition and didn't come with this part.
Any alternatives or leads would be appreciated
Old 20th May 2023, 10:08   #1488

Re: 'SEE MANUAL' warning and loss of power on FORD ECOSPORT 1.5 petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporteco1.5drgn View Post
Hi, I am currently experiencing a severe problem in my Ford EcoSport petrol: the SEE MANUAL warning along with a WRENCH SYMBOL has popped up, and in addition, there is loss of power.

When I press the accelerator in this situation, the car will vigorously vibrate and the rpm won't go beyond 1500. But when I stop the car and restart it, the warning and loss of power will go off. Earlier, this used to happen once in 3 months or so, but nowadays, it happens every single day, causing me more trouble on the road. Does anyone know what this might be or any possible (affordable) solutions?
I had the same exact issue and the problem was pointed to the fuel filter. As per the service center the O ring went kaput and the diesel was leaking. After getting the oil filter changed the vehicle was running for a month but then again the error popped up.

Were you able to point out the solution?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd June 2023 at 20:15. Reason: Quoted post edited
codeseo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 11:23   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I am currently experiencing a severe problem in my Ford EcoSport petrol: the SEE MANUAL warning along with a WRENCH SYMBOL has popped up, and in addition, there is loss of power.

When I press the accelerator in this situation, the car will vigorously vibrate and the rpm won't go beyond 1500. But when I stop the car and restart it, the warning and loss of power will go off. Earlier, this used to happen once in 3 months or so, but nowadays, it happens every single day, causing me more trouble on the road. Does anyone know what this might be or any possible (affordable) solutions?
Hi sporteco1.5drgn,

I faced similar problem in my EcoSport which I have documented in post numbers #1452 and #1453. After the replacement of the damaged part, I haven't faced any problem yet.

You should visit Ford Service Center and they will help you out in finding the root cause and the fixes.

Refer below link for the posts #1452 and #1453:

Posts #1452 and #1453

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd June 2023 at 20:15. Reason: Quoted post edited
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 12:04   #1490

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeseo View Post
I had the same exact issue and the problem was pointed to the fuel filter. As per the service center the O ring went kaput and the diesel was leaking. After getting the oil filter changed the vehicle was running for a month but then again the error popped up.

Were you able to point out the solution?
I visited the service centre a week ago and they said it was just the routine service warning light and it's not an issue to worry about. However, I insisted on the issues serious nature and told them to check it thoroughly. But after 1 week of service, I had the same warning on the IC. I'm planning to change the service centre and check the issue once again with reference to posts #1452 and #1453. Will update on this.
Old 24th May 2023, 19:55   #1491
BHPian

I have a 2019 1.5 Petrol Ecosport .
Extremely low mileage of a little less than 5000 kms.
Had recent visit for servicing, where the center console was replaced under warranty .
I was told that the part was around 18000 Rupees.

My 5 years extended warranty will be over next year, but I was told there would be a discount if I go for 6th year Top up now itself.
I have a quote of Rs 17000 for the same.

I am thinking of taking the Top up warranty, just wanted to confirm if it is worth for such a low mileage car?
Old 24th May 2023, 20:02   #1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmad View Post
I have a 2019 1.5 Petrol Ecosport .
Extremely low mileage of a little less than 5000 kms.
Had recent visit for servicing, where the center console was replaced under warranty .
I was told that the part was around 18000 Rupees.

My 5 years extended warranty will be over next year, but I was told there would be a discount if I go for 6th year Top up now itself.
I have a quote of Rs 17000 for the same.

I am thinking of taking the Top up warranty, just wanted to confirm if it is worth for such a low mileage car?

Absolutely!!! You better go for that option, given that ford has seized all operations in India and you may experience any issues in service or parts. So it is always better to take extended warranty for your car, especially if it is a diesel.
sporteco1.5drgn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 14:31   #1493
BHPian

I received this information from Ford today via email. Does this mean that post December 2024, the ford pass app will cease working.
Attached Images

Old 26th May 2023, 23:08   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarsarma View Post
I received this information from Ford today via email. Does this mean that post December 2024, the ford pass app will cease working.
Looks like it Hope they hear the community and keep their server running for the Indian customers
Old 31st May 2023, 20:35   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
I visited the service centre a week ago and they said it was just the routine service warning light and it's not an issue to worry about. However, I insisted on the issues serious nature and told them to check it thoroughly. But after 1 week of service, I had the same warning on the IC. I'm planning to change the service centre and check the issue once again with reference to posts #1452 and #1453. Will update on this.
I drive a 2018 TDCi EcoSport. I have faced the same issues twice in the past couple of months. Power was cut off, car started jerking and stopped with the yellow wrench symbol. The last time it happened the car started just fine afterwards, but power delivery was extremely jerky between 1500-2500 rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear. I visited the service centre, they scanned the car and found 4 codes related to PCM. I specifically asked them to check the oxygen sensors as Bhupesh mentioned above.
At the end they just updated the PCM, charged me ₹250. Haven't gotten to drive the car much after that though.
Both the times it happened after a longish drive ..Wondering if it has to do something with that. Never faced any issues in 1,60,000 km of driving.. And now this
Old 1st June 2023, 12:29   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
I drive a 2018 TDCi EcoSport. I have faced the same issues twice in the past couple of months. Power was cut off, car started jerking and stopped with the yellow wrench symbol. The last time it happened the car started just fine afterwards, but power delivery was extremely jerky between 1500-2500 rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear. I visited the service centre, they scanned the car and found 4 codes related to PCM. I specifically asked them to check the oxygen sensors as Bhupesh mentioned above.
At the end they just updated the PCM, charged me ₹250. Haven't gotten to drive the car much after that though.
Both the times it happened after a longish drive ..Wondering if it has to do something with that. Never faced any issues in 1,60,000 km of driving.. And now this
Hope there are not rat bites. Check in that aspect too. Same symptoms was faced by my friend in Hyundai verna, just last weekend.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 13:26   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Hope there are not rat bites. Check in that aspect too. Same symptoms was faced by my friend in Hyundai verna, just last weekend.

-Ravi
Rat damage is unheard of where I'm from, but I'll do a visual inspection nonetheless. Thanks!
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 22:21   #1498
BHPian

I know this is probably not the right thread to post it. But since the earlier Ecosport review thread is long inactive hence this post.

My sister in law currently owns Ecosport diesel manual (chauffeur driven) and for the last couple of weeks she has been facing this issue (picture given below). This light comes on every now and then while driving and the engine suddenly shuts down in the middle of the road. There is also a message on the infotainment screen "Check immediately engine failure". Switching off the ignition and then switching it back on solves the problem but the light stays on and the engine shuts off again after 2-3 kms. She took it to the service center. They said they were not absolutely sure about the issue but suggested to change the fuel pump for 30k which she didn't do obviously.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_0540.jpg

So does anybody have any idea about it or anybody faced this before. She is actually thinking of selling it. Seems like Ford service is not what it used to be since the departure.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 07:53   #1499

My experience with Bhavna Ford in Mumbai is the same. Our 2020 Ecosport Petro Automatic BS6 gives us a 4 - 6 kmpl in Mumbai city ever since the lockdown was lifted. Have sent it thrice to the service centre they scan the car and say nothing is wrong! Can anybody on the forum help me with details of a FNG in Mumbai who can give me a second opinion on this mileage issue. I travel to Pune frequently Would it be helpful to seek assistance of a Ford workshop in Pune?

Last edited by Outlander : 4th June 2023 at 07:58.
Old 5th June 2023, 23:18   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Two days back, I was driving my Ecosport 2018 Titanium+ AT to get some bottled water. All of a sudden, I felt some jerks and saw a yellow spanner light (powertrain) on the dashboard. The gear shifts became very jerky and to play it safe I pulled over and stopped the car.

Will keep you updated - looks like a sensor issue to me.
Hi there! Bumping your post since I'm facing a similar issue and Ford ASS here is clueless.. Furthermore, my car behaves well after restarting.
If you don't mind sharing, what turned out to be the issue in your case, and how was it solved?
Edit: NVM, scrolled through your posts and found the answer.

Last edited by DrAakash : 5th June 2023 at 23:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks