Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2023, 17:19   #1501
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
My experience with Bhavna Ford in Mumbai is the same. Our 2020 Ecosport Petro Automatic BS6 gives us a 4 - 6 kmpl in Mumbai city ever since the lockdown was lifted. Have sent it thrice to the service centre they scan the car and say nothing is wrong! Can anybody on the forum help me with details of a FNG in Mumbai who can give me a second opinion on this mileage issue. I travel to Pune frequently Would it be helpful to seek assistance of a Ford workshop in Pune?
You can visit Dhone Ford in Warje. Have been receiving very good service from them and their knowledge on the car is good.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 16:31   #1502
BHPian

I own a 2019 Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol
The car has run around 26000 kms. Recently when I tried to start the car after parking it in a parking lot for about half an hour, the starter motor got stuck in between and the message "charging service required" showed up on the display. However, on second attempt, the car started normally. On all subsequent attempts also, there was no recurrence of this problem. However, the horn seems to lose its pitch when the AC is turned on. Is it a battery problem? Or something else?
The car is not even four years old.
Old 13th June 2023, 09:27   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
I own a 2019 Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol
The car has run around 26000 kms. Recently when I tried to start the car after parking it in a parking lot for about half an hour, the starter motor got stuck in between and the message "charging service required" showed up on the display. However, on second attempt, the car started normally. On all subsequent attempts also, there was no recurrence of this problem. However, the horn seems to lose its pitch when the AC is turned on. Is it a battery problem? Or something else?
The car is not even four years old.
The issue has been diagnosed as a weak battery. Though it's hardly 3.5 years old.
The service center is advising installation of the OEM spec motorcraft battery. Is it advisable to use the same or go for some other brand like Exide or Amaron?
Kindly advise.
Old 13th June 2023, 11:37   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
The service center is advising installation of the OEM spec motorcraft battery. Is it advisable to use the same or go for some other brand like Exide or Amaron?
You can stick to the OEM battery. Ford is launching the Monsoon Camp from 15th June at some places, you can check with your dealer when the camp will be active in your city and plan the battery change during the camp to save additional Rs.500 on battery change apart from the Rs.500 buyback of old battery.

OEM battery comes with 1-year warranty though compared to Exide/Amaron which gives 3 or 4 years warranty. OEM battery will last 3 to 4 years easily with normal usage IMO. Also if you car is in warranty then you better stick to OEM battery to be on the safer side.
Funny is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 21:43   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
You can stick to the OEM battery. Ford is launching the Monsoon Camp from 15th June at some places, you can check with your dealer when the camp will be active in your city and plan the battery change during the camp to save additional Rs.500 on battery change apart from the Rs.500 buyback of old battery.

OEM battery comes with 1-year warranty though compared to Exide/Amaron which gives 3 or 4 years warranty. OEM battery will last 3 to 4 years easily with normal usage IMO. Also if you car is in warranty then you better stick to OEM battery to be on the safer side.
Yes, I have also given it a thought. Better to stick to OEM specification battery whilst the vehicle is still in warranty. By the way, the monsoon camp is also scheduled shortly and huge discounts are being given on service and spares.
I will get 1000 off on the new battery.
In fact, many of us will get benefitted from this.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20230613wa0020.jpg  

aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 17:23   #1506
BHPian

Facing an issue with my car where a spanner symbol appears on the dash, the car jerks and turns off. Immediate attempt to start the car results in a lot of vibration but the car doesn't start. The next attempt is always successful. Also facing jerky acceleration between 1500-2500 rpm at low speeds. If i try accelerating even moderately hard it sounds like the engine is lugging.. It runs absolutely fine at higher speeds. It seems to smoke more than normal too.
It's a 2018 Ecosport Tdci, ran over 160000 km without a single issue, needless to say, the car is extremely dear to me. Attaching the scan results from Ford ASS. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-05502bd453064bc9a1e75d74d937dccc.jpeg  

Old 15th June 2023, 01:15   #1507
BHPian

Quote:
The issue has been diagnosed as a weak battery. Though it's hardly 3.5 years old.
Kindly advise.
My stock battery lasted for 4ys, the replacement Amaron battery having 5yr warranty will complete 5 in few days and still holding strong. Will recommended going for aftermarket one with 5Yr warranty, preferably the larger 55AH one. More details on this post below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4446799 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 22:40   #1508
BHPian

I had purchased my Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol on 04 October 2019. And I had purchased the 4 years plus one year additional warranty. However, I have somehow misplaced the additional warranty documents. What record would the company have and how can I trace it?
Kindly advise
Old 16th June 2023, 20:49   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
I had purchased my Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol on 04 October 2019. And I had purchased the 4 years plus one year additional warranty. However, I have somehow misplaced the additional warranty documents. What record would the company have and how can I trace it?
Kindly advise
This is for info of all persons who may have lost their car warranty documents, like I did.
Contacted the service centre and their server has details of the warranty and extended warranty as well as RSA validity. A well known person from Ford Service helped me out with these details.
Really a nice and heart warming gesture from the service team of a company which has left the country, but these guys are still fighting it out and in a good way. Hope it continues to be so for another 6-7 years....
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20230616wa0048.jpg  

Old 17th June 2023, 00:54   #1510
BHPian

I also purchased 2 yrs additional warranty and never had to produce papers while making claim. I had 2 warranty claims on 4th year ! Info always stays in their system.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 23:35   #1511
BHPian

Re: 'SEE MANUAL' warning and loss of power on FORD ECOSPORT 1.5 petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporteco1.5drgn View Post
WRENCH SYMBOL has popped up, and in addition, there is loss of power.

When I press the accelerator in this situation, the car will vigorously vibrate and the rpm won't go beyond 1500. But when I stop the car and restart it, the warning and loss of power will go off.
I drive a Ecosport Tdci - manufactured in Sept 2018 and faced exactly the same issue. It was due to some error in PCM software.
The wrench symbol is the powertrain malfunction indicator.
SVC took an entire day to upload a patch, but ever since the problem has not cropped up.
FYI, Ecosports manufactured between Nov 2017 to March 2018 were recalled due to faulty PCM softwares. Link below -
https://www.motorbeam.com/ford-ecosp...ftware-update/
Probably, the problem was not limited to the exact batch recalled.

Last edited by Chandrahas : 22nd June 2023 at 23:38.
Old 23rd June 2023, 00:57   #1512
BHPian

Re: 'SEE MANUAL' warning and loss of power on FORD ECOSPORT 1.5 petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporteco1.5drgn View Post
Hi, I am currently experiencing a severe problem in my Ford EcoSport petrol: the SEE MANUAL warning along with a WRENCH SYMBOL has popped up, and in addition, there is loss of power.

Seems an electrical issue due to which either of the three cylinders is not firing. Get the ignition coil, wiring/leads and spark plugs checked.
Old 29th June 2023, 15:48   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
This light comes on every now and then while driving and the engine suddenly shuts down in the middle of the road. There is also a message on the infotainment screen "Check immediately engine failure". Switching off the ignition and then switching it back on solves the problem but the light stays on and the engine shuts off again after 2-3 kms.
We had a similar issue on my cousin’s diesel Ertiga few years back. The culprit was fuel injector. We went to Valparai hills and this issue happened when we just started our return journey. The car would run for half a kilometre and then the engine will switch off. Again we need to wait for 30 seconds to switch on the ignition.

Please check the fuel injector along with fuel pump.

Thanks,
TK
TorqueKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 21:42   #1514
BHPian

Dropped my car at Ford Service on Saturday for the aforementioned yellow spanner and loss of power issues. Turned out to be faulty coupler of some sensor under the fuel filter. Was charged ₹1800 for repairs. The car was taken on a 50km drive by their drivers and another 40 km by myself with the driver riding alongside. So far it's going good. Massively impressed with the turn around time.. It took them 2 days to sort out and fix the issue, and 1 day for the test drive. I couldn't pick up the car due to personal constrains but it was ready on the 3rd day. I thought it'd take a week at least.
To think that i spent close to ₹4000 on additives from Liqui Moly and Amsoil cuz i thought it was a clogged fuel line or injector..
But i shall utilise them every 5k km or so preemptively.
DrAakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 13:00   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I know this is probably not the right thread to post it. But since the earlier Ecosport review thread is long inactive hence this post.

My sister in law currently owns Ecosport diesel manual (chauffeur driven) and for the last couple of weeks she has been facing this issue (picture given below). This light comes on every now and then while driving and the engine suddenly shuts down in the middle of the road. There is also a message on the infotainment screen "Check immediately engine failure". Switching off the ignition and then switching it back on solves the problem but the light stays on and the engine shuts off again after 2-3 kms. She took it to the service center. They said they were not absolutely sure about the issue but suggested to change the fuel pump for 30k which she didn't do obviously.

Attachment 2458792

So does anybody have any idea about it or anybody faced this before. She is actually thinking of selling it. Seems like Ford service is not what it used to be since the departure.

Hello Carpainter ,
The issue you mentioned must be due to a failed MAP Sensor or bad Injectors. Can you please update on what was wrong with the car
Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks