Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2018, 21:34   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Any takers for my opinion so far here? Would really like some suggestions.
After 4 years of driving a Ecosport Titanium AT, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if I had to buy the Ecosport again. In fact this time around it is available with an even better engine and gearbox combination, and I can't deny that I have been tempted to modernise my own Ecosport, although it won't make sense to do that in a car which is practically in the same condition as when it left the showroom. I have serious doubts that any Tata vehicle would age so beautifully as this.
Take your pick - Price vs Quality
roy_libran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 21:52   #152
BHPian

Quote:
any takers for my opinion so far here? Would really like some suggestions.
I think you have pretty much made up your mind here, so there is nothing to suggest. You need a premium looking car(from inside), the one that seats better and has more plush ride. So nexon it is.
Although having owned fords, Tata and maruti, I'd choose Ford just because of safety features and that build quality.

Last edited by blurust : 2nd February 2018 at 21:58.
Old 2nd February 2018, 22:03   #153
BHPian

Quote:
I am a bit confused between Ecosport and Tata Nexon...
This is my take.
I don't own any of these cars but my suggestion is this. I think it is a gamble to buy a Tata product (reliability concerns). It is even more amplified when it comes to a new Tata product. If your heart stuck with Tata, then I suggest you to wait for one year and hope they iron out the initial flaws (which happens to other company products also but could be more on Tata or Mahindra).

One of my friend bought an initial batch of Xuv500, it was in Mahindra's garage for most of the time to fix the niggles. Mahindra however, fixed most of them for free if I remember correctly. However, it is still a pain that we don't want to.

On the other hand, Ecosport is there for years and it is in the second iteration. I don't think you will find nasty surprises. Also it is a product sold world wide. I mean it is not an India specific product.

Lastly I don't like Nexon's looks, it looks old fashioned in the front and over-styled in the rear. Those white lines are unnecessary. Rear lamps were so tiny. Ecosport on the other hand looks great though.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 22:17   #154
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had made a comment few days ago and had requested for some suggestions here but nobody could help so i am in a fix still. I am copying that comment once more and i hope people will try to help this time around.
If looking for AT in petrol go for EcoSport being prepared for ride harshness. If Petrol Manual go for Nexon. If Diesel Manual maybe the EcoSport.

Last edited by ACM : 2nd February 2018 at 22:18.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 22:48   #155
BHPian

Hello Guys, finally my membership got approved just in time! Nice to be able to interact with you all after following this and the earlier thread from the last 4 months.

I booked the Titanium+ AT (Canyon Ridge) 2 weeks back. Extremely grateful to all the BHPians on this thread especially blurust, Jude300, vprabu and Vish_Janu for helping me make this decision.

There was no AT test drive vehicle here in Bhubaneswar. Test drove the Titanium petrol to get a feel of the new Dragon engine and experience the ride and handling of the car. Booked the AT based on the Team BHP official review and ownership discussions on this thread.

The SA has given a tentative delivery date in April. I checked with the dealership and also with Ford India customer care about the possibility of getting the Titanium's 16" alloy wheels and tires setup in the Titanium+ but got response that this is not possible. The city roads are good and I am a sedate driver, so hoping that the 17" wheels and low profile tires won't be much of an issue for me.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 18:37   #156
BHPian

Just booked my T+ petrol AT today. Quoted wait time is 60 - 90 days. Now the wait begins 😁
anirudh_85 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 19:39   #157
BHPian

As per my SA, Ford India asks dealerships to provide a tentative number of models for allotment, 3 months in advance.

Since I booked the T+ AT during Jan last week, the dealership had already sent in their request for Jan-Mar period. Hence they gave me a delivery date of April.

Not sure how true this is. Anyone else heard about this from their SA/dealership?
Old 3rd February 2018, 20:37   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
As per my SA, Ford India asks dealerships to provide a tentative number of models for allotment, 3 months in advance.

Not sure how true this is. Anyone else heard about this from their SA/dealership?
This is true and i heard it. Dealers need to give number of cars they need with models, variant and color to Ford for allotment.

Prior to facelift launch, in old EcoSport Models Mars Red was most wanted color and Kinetic Blue was one of the least sold color. So dealers assumed the new Lightning Blue also won't sell much and requested for other colors for allotment. But post Nov 9th, 2017 launch, it turned out that Lightning Blue & Canyon Ridge are high demand colors and hence the waiting period for it increased compared to other colors like White or Grey. Many customers after seeing the Display/Test drive car in show room, liked the Lightning Blue color and Canyon Ridge color and booked it. Therefore the waiting time shot up for that as well and dealers had to ask ford to allot those colors in Nov/Dec/Jan orders.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 11:44   #159

Hello,
I need help with regard to my Ford EcoSport Titanium+ At booking .I had booked the EcoSport on 9 December 2017 through Harpreet Ford Gurgaon. The whole experience has been marred with lies and false promises.
The SA who took the booking left the Agency , I had to follow up to find out who took charge. Then , the new SA gives me false details of when my car is getting despatched.
I am yet to get the car and going by the way things are , I doubt if I am getting it anytime soon as I only got a booking mail and never got a mail saying that the car is in production.
Clubbed with the 17 inch tyre issue , battery concerns and this horrible sales experience , I am seriously considering shifting to some other product.

Can anyone help me with some details of how the allocations actually work and what goes on at Ford. Or some insights on what I can expect from this Dealership
Old 4th February 2018, 15:57   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmin View Post
Hello,
I need help with regard to my Ford EcoSport Titanium+ At booking .I had booked the EcoSport on 9 December 2017 through Harpreet Ford Gurgaon. The whole experience has been marred with lies and false promises.
The SA who took the booking left the Agency , I had to follow up to find out who took charge. Then , the new SA gives me false details of when my car is getting despatched.
I am yet to get the car and going by the way things are , I doubt if I am getting it anytime soon as I only got a booking mail and never got a mail saying that the car is in production.
Clubbed with the 17 inch tyre issue , battery concerns and this horrible sales experience , I am seriously considering shifting to some other product.

Can anyone help me with some details of how the allocations actually work and what goes on at Ford. Or some insights on what I can expect from this Dealership
As simple as it is, shoot a mail to Ford and dealership about this experience. Post the same on Ford's FB page. That should help get you a official hearing from them
Old 4th February 2018, 17:20   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
I need help with regard to my Ford EcoSport Titanium+ At booking .I had booked the EcoSport on 9 December 2017 through Harpreet Ford Gurgaon.
Which one ? The sector 34 one or the MG road one. ?? Also send a DM to @fordindia on twitter, that should sort things out.
Old 4th February 2018, 20:45   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Which one ? The sector 34 one or the MG road one. ?? Also send a DM to @fordindia on twitter, that should sort things out.
This was the Mg road outlet. It's been a horrible pre-sale experience so far. I finally got a test drive after a month of following up and the car that came had a TpMs malfunction error flashing all the time. The guy who came along either had no information or have wrong information and was only interested in talking on his phone.
Old 4th February 2018, 21:37   #163
BHPian

Quote:
This was the Mg road outlet. It's been a horrible pre-sale experience so far. I finally got a test drive after a month of following up and the car that came had a TpMs malfunction error flashing all the time. The guy who came along either had no information or have wrong information and was only interested in talking on his phone.
Yep, I have had it with them, visit sector 34 one and meet tanmoy, he is pretty good, not very knowledgeable but he gets the work done, also if you have Ford owners app, click on dealer locator, harpreet Ford belongs to sachdeva group and their email is mentioned there, shoot them an email. Let me know if this helps.
Old 4th February 2018, 21:56   #164
BHPian

It will be interesting to know as to how the allotment system works.

Does Ford in its system know who has booked the car, on which date and hence automatically as and when a car gets produced, it gets allocated to the respective dealership basis the allotment number?

I had booked Titanium+ AT in November and I insisted on a 2018 manufactured car. I have been told by my SA that the car will be delivered in March. I am in No hurry so even if it comes in March I am fine. From my end all formalities with my dealer is done, they have my booking amount, loan is approved and last week negotiated and closed on the insurance as well.

Interestingly last week I got a call from my SA that as per Ford India system, a Titanium+ AT matching my color preference was manufactured and was allocated to some other dealership but it seems the buyer had not sorted out his funds so it was available for me if I was ready with the balance amount to be paid. I confirmed that I can pay once I do a thorough PDI. After 2 days SA called back and told me that they could not get that car booked for me.

My SA told me that he is trying to expedite the process and see if he can handover the car this month. This makes me believe that the allocation system is not based on First in first out booking but it is possibly driven by number of bookings a dealer is able to garner. So large dealers may be given a higher priority when it comes to allocation.
Old 4th February 2018, 22:31   #165
BHPian

Have anyone got new accessories which got released with the Ecosport facelift ? https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/accessories/

I was looking to buy the sport pedal kit, car cover and sun blinds for my 2014 model ES. Went to local sales outlet few days back and found out the following:

Sports Pedal Cover wont fit the older models, as per the accessory guy. Did the pedal design change with the new model ?

A premium car cover option is added, but the antenna cutout is located in back instead of front. So wont be a perfect fit

My OEM car cover got shredded after 3.5 years of use. I didnt find any single manufacturer including the expensive tph covers who provide cutout for the antenna like the OEM ones does. I dont want to remove and fix the antenna everyday or keep it folded inside cover. Lets see if i get any more options.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks