Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2018, 01:10   #196
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Just my opinion. I was 99.99 percent sure of buying the Ford ecosport petrol 1.5. Last minute my friend newly purchased this vehicle told me he is getting 5 kmpl mileage. Changed my mind and booked nexon. I do not regret this and am very happy. I would strongly suggest people to not opt for the petrol engine in the ecosport.
I sometimes use my car for just two kms a day or less, 80 percent is mostly in city(clogged traffic) and 20 percent on highways and this is what I get.
Also I think anyone thinking of getting a petrol Ecosport automatic should not think twice, I am very happy and glad I made a choice to get this home.
5 kmpl definitely sounds fishy.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20180210001657.jpg  

blurust is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 01:58   #197
BHPian

Is there any such thing called Corporate Discount given by Ford to customers working in certain companies? I don't remember anyone discussing it in this thread or the earlier one.

Can someone enlighten me on this if they have received this Corporate Discount while buying the facelifted EcoSport?
Old 12th February 2018, 08:55   #198
BHPian

I got my Ecosport in Diesel Titanium trim delivered on Feb 1st and due to busy office schedule couldn`t go on drive much. Overall I should say a big upgrade from my 1st gen Figo.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-snapdragon_pic2.jpg

Booking & buying experience.

I booked the car from Cauvery Ford Mangalore on 27th December with a token amount of Rs. 30,000. Team Lead Prakash whom I know him since the time I purchased Figo was handling my booking. Barring some confusion regarding corporate discount, overall experience has been excellent.

Below is the onroad price excluding the road tax as I will doing the registration my self.
Ex Showroom price: Rs 9,99,900
Insurance: Rs 31,495 from Royal Sundaram Bumper to Bumper with zero dep. I have compared the quote from different companies. National insurance quoted the lowest amount of 23,000 but going with past bad experience with them I gave a miss and rest of the quotes were having a difference of around 4000. Initially dealer quoted Rs 45,600 and I asked him to match with the outside quote and finally agreed for the above price.
Freebies: 3rd Year warranty worth Rs.7000 as corporate discount and basic accessories including mat and mud flap worth Rs.3500 as goodwill.
Extended Warranty: 4th year warranty Rs. 9350.
Fastag: I wanted to have ICICI enabled tag but since dealer had a tie up with SBI, I agreed to go with them and was charged Rs 600 for it. It was activated very next day.
Temporary registration charges: Rs 500
Total Price excluding registration: Rs 10,41,800

Since I have spent very limited time I will not comment on other aspects of the car and probably once I put some Kms I will try to put up a detailed review.

Some parting pictures.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5644.jpg

Things like these reminds us that Ford has still lot of ground to clear in fit and finish department.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5604.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Is there any such thing called Corporate Discount given by Ford to customers working in certain companies? I don't remember anyone discussing it in this thread or the earlier one.

Can someone enlighten me on this if they have received this Corporate Discount while buying the facelifted EcoSport?
Corporate discount is applicable for people who are getting the car invoiced after 15th Jan. I have received 3rd year extended warranty worth Rs. 7000 as free as a part of corporate discount.

I have seen some dealers are not communicating this information upfront so better get this clarified before your car gets invoiced.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 12th February 2018 at 08:56.
DragonHawk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 09:21   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Corporate Discount is a fairly common way of getting some discount across manufacturers: as the dealer cannot reduce the ex-showroom price, this is the convenient way.

I had got 10k as CD in '16 on my EcoSport; I believe there are two to three tiers of companies that they consider for varying levels (10k/7.5k/5k - just an example). They took a photocopy of my company ID card during invoicing.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 11:29   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Things like these reminds us that Ford has still lot of ground to clear in fit and finish department.
Attachment 1729962
Yikes! That's an eyesore.

Nothing remains hidden from us BHPians. Better fit and finish is definitely expected from Ford. Is that near the boot opening?

Anyways please don't let this ruin your ownership experience. Congratulations on your purchase and wishing you many happy miles!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:37   #201
BHPian

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Yikes! That's an eyesore.

Nothing remains hidden from us BHPians. Better fit and finish is definitely expected from Ford. Is that near the boot opening?

Anyways please don't let this ruin your ownership experience. Congratulations on your purchase and wishing you many happy miles!

Thanks for the wishes, this is a real eyesore and apart from that car is rock solid and just waiting to take her out on long drive sometime next month.

Bonnet opening is in driver side unlike my Figo. The above pic is from the co-passenger side.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 12th February 2018 at 12:43.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 16:33   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I got my Ecosport in Diesel Titanium trim delivered on Feb 1st and due to busy office schedule couldn`t go on drive much. Overall I should say a big upgrade from my 1st gen Figo.
Congrats on your purchase. Cauvery Ford have quite a lot of loyal customers and to me they are best among Ford A.S.S . Their new showroom is among the larger Ford showrooms I have come across. Do you plan to retain your Figo which seem to be in top condition?
Old 12th February 2018, 20:14   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Congrats on your purchase. Cauvery Ford have quite a lot of loyal customers and to me they are best among Ford A.S.S . Their new showroom is among the larger Ford showrooms I have come across. Do you plan to retain your Figo which seem to be in top condition?
Thanks for the wishes!
Yes I agree they are very professional in customer handling and would highly recommend them. I am yet to get a first hand experience in their service department, hoping it will be as good as their sales.

As of now no plans to sell my Figo and it will be replacing Dio as daily drive by wifey.
Old 12th February 2018, 22:27   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Corporate Discount is a fairly common way of getting some discount across manufacturers: as the dealer cannot reduce the ex-showroom price, this is the convenient way.

I had got 10k as CD in '16 on my EcoSport; I believe there are two to three tiers of companies that they consider for varying levels (10k/7.5k/5k - just an example). They took a photocopy of my company ID card during invoicing.
I got 10K as corporate discount for the EcoSport facelift, billed after Jan 15th 2018. As said in the above post, all they required was my company ID card.
Old 13th February 2018, 12:56   #205
BHPian

I booked my Moonlight Silver Titanium+AT on 6th Jan; with an expected date of delivery around end-Feb 2018. In early Feb, I was informed that due to heavy bookings I would not get delivery in Feb, however March delivery was confirmed.

A few days back, I got a call from the sales representative stating that there is one car available immediately. I told him that I am ready to take delivery but only after I do a PDI.

Happy to say that the PDI was good and I immediately paid up the balance amount for the car, got insurance. Now waiting for RTO registration.

Took Car Mats, Mud Flaps, Front Scuff Plates & Spare Wheel cover as accessories. I do believe that the prices on Ford website are far less than what the dealers are quoting, at least in Mumbai
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 22:33   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
YEah looks like Ecopia is the only choice in that size.

Only advice is drive slow on bad roads and avoid hitting sharp stones. Perhaps reduce the pressure by 2psi than recommended.
Wouldn't reducing pressure put the sidewall at a higher risk?
Old 13th February 2018, 22:52   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Wouldn't reducing pressure put the sidewall at a higher risk?
Reducing it very low will be a higher risk however 2psi lesser will help as it will allow some flex on impact. Same reason why high pressure results in bouncy ride whereas ride gets soft with slight low pressure.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 08:40   #208
BHPian

The spare wheel apparently doesn't come with the TPMS sensor. So no 5 wheel rotation, only 4 wheel rotation then! Or is there any way to get TPMS sensor fitted to the spare wheel?
Old 14th February 2018, 10:48   #209
BHPian

Booked Smoked Grey petrol titanium variant through Cauvery Ford Koramangala outlet on Feb on 2nd. Committed date of delivery is 31/03. Hope this is the outer limit. Feel a bit strange that titanium + is not offered with manual.
Old 15th February 2018, 18:21   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
I just had a word with a Yokohama dealer regarding the 205/50/R17 replacement. I wanted to swap these tyres on getting delivery of our T+AT.
He mentioned that as there is only the EcoSport having this size, the resale value is very less Rs. 500 - 1000 per tyre, he also advised me to use them and look for a replacement thereafter
I got the call I was waiting for a while now. My Ecosport is finally being allocated and I can expect delivery next week.

I am a little worried by seeing different owners reporting issues with the tyres on the Titanium+. I am thinking of changing it with the more conventional 205/60R16, this would require a change in the alloy size as well (I am not a fan of the alloy design anyway). The resale value you have quoted seems too low for me. I will have to check with a few dealers here.

I had a conversation with my SA regarding swapping my Titanium + wheels with those of the Titanium ones, but he straightaway refused. He mentioned that the dealership (his higher-ups) wouldn't allow this.

Issues like this make the car buying process sour. Why did Ford go with the unique wheels, is beyond me! It is not practical for our roads, and so many owners coming out with this issue is a testimony of that.
DasJager is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks