Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2018, 13:57   #226
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
The SA seems to be right here. Please visit below link for more details on warranty. You can very Much take 3rd & 4th year warranty on any day from day 1 to day 729.

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/extended-warranty/
That helps Anupam, thanks a lot. Guess I will have to go for the extended warranty now itself.

Another small issue I have run into is with my corporate discount. Seems like my company is not listed with Ford and so I wouldn't be able to avail it. That's a bummer.

Good thing is, I have got the VIN and I should be getting the car this Friday. Checked the VIN, it's a February 2018 manufactured car. Thanks to Team-BHP's VIN decoding guide.
DasJager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 14:08   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
Quick question guys, can someone confirm if we can get the 3rd and 4th year warranty sometime later, and not necessarily at the time of buying the vehicle?

I just spoke with my SA and he said that if I would be buying the extended warranty at a later time, the charges would shot up by Rs. 1500. It seems illogical to me.
Your SA is correct. The prices are different depending on when you purchase.
I recommend you to purchase now itself at the time of delivery, which gives you more peace of mind.

I too did bought the extended warranty and the prices are same as per ford site.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 14:13   #228
BHPian

I spoke with my SA yesterday. Seems like there will be an increase in price across Ford range from 3-5%. And this hike will be applicable from March 1st itself.

He didn't have any other details and said he would let me know.

Any idea why prices are getting hiked again within just 2 months? Is it because of increase in customs duty or some cess or anything else in the annual budget?
Old 21st February 2018, 15:10   #229
Senior - BHPian

For a company that does not sell well (other than possibly the Ecosport), Ford is quite regular in upping their price range on frequent basis. I would have thought that the financial year end would bring with it great discounts on their lesser selling models such as the Figo twins, Endeavour etc.
Old 21st February 2018, 15:49   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
I

Any idea why prices are getting hiked again within just 2 months? Is it because of increase in customs duty or some cess or anything else in the annual budget?
This was the case last year as well. Ford keeps increasing prices almost every month for a reason god knows. You can refer to my post in original/prior Facelift ecosport thread how the prices went up drastically over several months.

The New EcoSport started to taste some success in sales numbers but this frequent increase will be counter beneficial and will be a bad move.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 07:42   #231

Hi, have been finally told that the car is in transit . Have been asked to complete the Paperwork. Should I be concerned about the battery drain and the R17 tyre issue. I went through both the threads and am pretty concerned. I drive over 90 Km per day in Delhi NCR and the model I have booked is the Titanium Plus At. Please suggest
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:46   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmin View Post
Hi, have been finally told that the car is in transit . Have been asked to complete the Paperwork. Should I be concerned about the battery drain and the R17 tyre issue. I went through both the threads and am pretty concerned. I drive over 90 Km per day in Delhi NCR and the model I have booked is the Titanium Plus At. Please suggest
Not everyone is facing the issues..my tyres are perfect and I have done about 3.5 k kms. The battery drain happened to me just once. Never occured again. Although two points to keep in mind are.1) my car is absolutely stock(no accessories to cause battery drain) (2) I maintain 30 psi all over as recommended by Ford. Unless the car is loaded.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 01:27   #233
BHPian

So finally I have received my Silver beauty. It was a day full of events, excitement. The night before, I couldn't sleep at all, such was the excitement.

Some pictures below:
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20180223_155200.jpg
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180224wa0033.jpg

After completing all the formalities, was all set to go. Seems like forever that I waited for her.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20180223_160057.jpg

She seemed hungry with the fuel indicator reminding me of her diet. So took her straight to the pump and filled her up. Checked the air pressure, they were on the higher side as expected. Fixed her shoes for a more comfortable drive.
Did the customary pooja and then I was off to go. Took her for a quick spin on the ring road later in the night. Didn't really push her, the max I went was around 85 km/h using cruise control. Everything works like a charm, except the Android Auto. I still need to figure out why does it keep getting disconnected all the time. My friend took the below picture for me (pardon me, it's a little shaky).
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20180224_002644.jpg

Will post better pictures and more details after some time. For now, I am getting to know her and enjoying the ride in the process.

Last edited by DasJager : 25th February 2018 at 01:32. Reason: Including more details
DasJager is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 11:58   #234
BHPian

Hello people!

Has there been any update from any of the AT T+ owners here or in the FB EcoSport groups about Ford replacing the faulty tyres?
Old 28th February 2018, 12:15   #235
BHPian

Hi All,

I have booked my ford Ecosport today however I am confused on the colour side. Currently they have availability only for Smoke gray. Any further booking will have waiting period of 30-40 days and a price hike of 2% ex-showroom from March.

Need advice on choosing the right colour. Although I prefer race red and lighting blue but considering the waiting period and price hike should I opt for smoke gray.

Will I be able to modify the car externally and will it look good in gray colour.

Regards
Uday
Old 28th February 2018, 12:20   #236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Need advice on choosing the right colour.
Your car, color should be your choice. Check with other dealers for their stock as well.

You can either stick it out for the color you want, even if it means waiting for a month and the potential hike. Or, if the color isn't that big a deal for you, get the car at the lower price now.

Quote:
Will I be able to modify the car externally and will it look good in gray colour.
I have the smoke grey (pre-facelift) and I'm fairly happy with how the car looks, but I am not sure it is the same shade as the current. If you want to change the color of the car (wrap being the cheapest option), you'd have to get the change endorsed in the RC.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 12:25   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Your car, color should be your choice. Check with other dealers for their stock as well.

You can either stick it out for the color you want, even if it means waiting for a month and the potential hike. Or, if the color isn't that big a deal for you, get the car at the lower price now.

I have the smoke grey (pre-facelift) and I'm fairly happy with how the car looks, but I am not sure it is the same shade as the current. If you want to change the color of the car (wrap being the cheapest option), you'd have to get the change endorsed in the RC.
Thanks for the quick inputs!
Old 28th February 2018, 12:32   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Thanks for the quick inputs!
Just this last weekend I was passing the ford showroom near my place, and there was a shining new Ecosport in the blue shade getting readied for delivery. It was around midday and the sun was shining brightly on the vehicle. And I have to say, the blue was absolutely STUNNING. There is no other word for it, the sheen and the lustre was absolutely gorgeous. If I were in the market for the Ecosport, the blue shade would have been a no brainer for me.

Of course, I have a thing for blue on my cars (my Swift is a gorgeous blue shade as well) .
arindambasu13 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 19:25   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Just this last weekend I was passing the ford showroom near my place, and there was a shining new Ecosport in the blue shade getting readied for delivery. It was around midday and the sun was shining brightly on the vehicle. And I have to say, the blue was absolutely STUNNING. There is no other word for it, the sheen and the lustre was absolutely gorgeous. If I were in the market for the Ecosport, the blue shade would have been a no brainer for me.

Of course, I have a thing for blue on my cars (my Swift is a gorgeous blue shade as well) .
What you said and described is very true. Lightning Blue shade in new facelift ecosport is the most stunning color ( of course opinions may vary) and therefore very high demand. I was offered other colors for quicker delivery late November 2017 and early December. But i sticked to the color as it is really a head turner.

So far whoever saw my car, 99% of the people's first comment is either "super color" or "excellent color".

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 17:02   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
What you said and described is very true. Lightning Blue shade in new facelift ecosport is the most stunning color ( of course opinions may vary) and therefore very high demand. I was offered other colors for quicker delivery late November 2017 and early December. But i sticked to the color as it is really a head turner.

So far whoever saw my car, 99% of the people's first comment is either "super color" or "excellent color".

-Ravi
I agree. The blue color is very well done on the new Ecosport. It looks gorgeous in person and no wonder this is the highest selling color. However, I had my apprehensions about how this color will age and hence went for the silver one. But can't say I was not tempted to get this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks