Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2018, 15:25   #406
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

The dealer I spoke to (Bhavna Ford, Mumbai) stated that there were going to be two new 'S' model variants (as he termed it) and one of them is a 'Sports variant'. He had no clue about engine specs, differences if any between the two new variants etc - all he was sure about was that the 'Sports variant' would have the external body coloured interiors.
Old 19th April 2018, 15:58   #407
BHPian

I'd love to have a leather wrap on my T+'s dash - a little bit like the faux leather covering on the facelifted XUV. Is this even doable / advisable? Would love to hear thoughts.
Old 19th April 2018, 17:39   #408
BHPian

I sooo wish Ford would have come up with a better petrol engine and maybe a little more space and even better interiors. Infact I think Hyundai have done just that with their Creta - Almost like a combination of goods things that you got earlier in the Honda City and the Ecosport folded into one offering, backed by great after sales. No wonder the Creta is such a runaway success.
Old 19th April 2018, 18:09   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuveerk View Post
I sooo wish Ford would have come up with a better petrol engine and maybe a little more space and even better interiors. Infact I think Hyundai have done just that with their Creta - Almost like a combination of goods things that you got earlier in the Honda City and the Ecosport folded into one offering, backed by great after sales. No wonder the Creta is such a runaway success.
The petrol engine is actually quite nice to drive on the EcoSport. Not "electric car" smooth, but definitely liveable refinement. It's actually quite torquey for an NA petrol. In fact, I felt that the Hyundai 1.6 is a bit weak at lower RPMs.

Is there any specific reason why you felt that the EcoSport's 3-pot is lacking?

I agree on the interiors, ride quality and space though - Creta certainly wins here.
Old 19th April 2018, 18:19   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuveerk View Post
A little more space with the current gen. Ecosport is not possible since they have to stay within the 4m length bracket to get small car benefits. Ford should just bring the Escape to India to compete with the Higher variants of the Creta and the Compass range.
Old 19th April 2018, 18:42   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Is the dealer expecting even the automatic in Ecoboost? Or is it just the manual?
Most probably its only the manual, because AT in a turbo boost engine would give a very low mileage
Dramitn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 21:15   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
The petrol engine is actually quite nice to drive on the EcoSport. Not "electric car" smooth, but definitely liveable refinement. It's actually quite torquey for an NA petrol. In fact, I felt that the Hyundai 1.6 is a bit weak at lower RPMs.

Is there any specific reason why you felt that the EcoSport's 3-pot is lacking?

I agree on the interiors, ride quality and space though - Creta certainly wins here.
I somehow thought the ecosport falls a little short on refinement. The responsiveness is fine. My test drive was in south Mumbai, during peak traffic conditions, so I really could not revv it, the way I wanted to. But I did not find it as smooth as the Honda ivtec or the Hyundai verna petrol.
Old 20th April 2018, 11:02   #413
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...cosport-408080

Article by Autocar on one of the new variants possibly sporting the 1.0 liter ecoboost engine. Add a sunroof and 6 airbags to it, I am really tempted to book this one, if thats the case. I was almost sold on the City VX MT (which only has 2 airbags) to replace my SX4. As long as the On road price stays around the 14 lakh mark - the superior build quality of the Ecosport and additional airbags would definitely compensate for the slightly better interior quality and additional space of the Honda City.
Old 22nd April 2018, 18:05   #414
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor for the automatic headlamps? A friend recently picked up a Titanium + Auto and in auto mode the headlights turn on way too early (when it's still quite bright).

Additionally, since there is a lot of discussion on the auto lock, it is enabled in this car.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 22:52   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

Additionally, since there is a lot of discussion on the auto lock, it is enabled in this car.
Could you please confirm if TPMS is present? Also is it an April manufactured car?
Old 23rd April 2018, 00:04   #416
Senior - BHPian

^^ Yes, TPMS is very much there. I have not come across any report of TPMS being removed. This car was manufactured in Mar. 18.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 23rd April 2018 at 00:06.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 15:17   #417
BHPian

I just td the 1.5 automatic and was a real pleasure to drive. While in disucssion with the Ford sales guy, he did mention that any ecosport manufactured april onwards would not feature the tpms and would get a bigger 9 inch touchscreen (in place of the current 8 inch). He showed the me the error in the current tpms which diplayed a tyre pressure of 1 in one of the tyres even though he had just topped up the tyres. The other 3 tyres displayed the pressure correctly.
Old 23rd April 2018, 16:06   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
I just td the 1.5 automatic and was a real pleasure to drive. While in disucssion with the Ford sales guy, he did mention that any ecosport manufactured april onwards would not feature the tpms and would get a bigger 9 inch touchscreen (in place of the current 8 inch). He showed the me the error in the current tpms which diplayed a tyre pressure of 1 in one of the tyres even though he had just topped up the tyres. The other 3 tyres displayed the pressure correctly.
I hope these changes are only for the lower variant and not the T+ AT. Did he specify which version?
Old 23rd April 2018, 16:09   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre13 View Post
I hope these changes are only for the lower variant and not the T+ AT. Did he specify which version?
Unfortunately I believe he said it was for the titanium + at. The one he had got home for the td was the same version with the tpms.
Old 23rd April 2018, 17:00   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

From the official website:

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Yet another minor update coming soon?

RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks