Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 21:17   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Billing for the two new EcoSport variants - EcoSport "S" and the EcoSport Signature Edition - has started from Ford India for all it's authorised dealerships. Display cars are in transit to most dealerships (they have arrived in select dealerships already), while demo cars will be dispatched to select dealerships in the first and second week of May.

One significant move - these 2 highest (flagship) variants will be equipped with new 17-inch alloys, hence the Titanium+ variant will henceforth see a wheel downgrade to 205/60/R16.

The pricing of the Titanium+ variants will remain unchanged, however.

Updated brochures including information on the 2 new variants and the change in wheel sizes can be downloaded from the Ford India website from 7th May, while physical copies of the updated brochures will be dispatched to most dealerships by 10th May.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd May 2018 at 21:19. Reason: added info.
RavenAvi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 22:22   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Billing for the two new EcoSport variants - EcoSport "S" and the EcoSport Signature Edition - has started from Ford India for all it's authorised dealerships.
Any idea if the "S" or the Signature edition would come in AT avatar?.
Thank you.
Old 3rd May 2018, 22:53   #438
BHPian

Quote:

One significant move - these 2 highest (flagship) variants will be equipped with new 17-inch alloys, hence the Titanium+ variant will henceforth see a wheel downgrade to 205/60/R16.

The pricing of the Titanium+ variants will remain unchanged, however.

Updated brochures including information on the 2 new variants and the change in wheel sizes can be downloaded from the Ford India website from 7th May, while physical copies of the updated brochures will be dispatched to most dealerships by 10th May.
1. I don't mind 16 inchers after seeing posts of 17 inch wheel problems. It aids in ride quality too. What I would really appreciate if Ford changed that alloy design of 16 inch wheels.

2. I am amused at the changes they keep making to brochures, especially hard copies that are dispatched to dealers. What a total waste of new ones printed just few weeks ago, now they again through same cycle.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 23:07   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
these 2 highest (flagship) variants will be equipped with new 17-inch alloys, hence the Titanium+ variant will henceforth see a wheel downgrade to 205/60/R16.
Does this edition also include a 6 speed manual on the diesel as well? I remember reading it somewhere.
Old 4th May 2018, 05:44   #440
BANNED

Attached below is what is claimed to be a part of the official circular from Ford to the dealers regarding two things:
1) New S and Signature editions
2) 16 inch alloys on Titanium+ trims

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180504wa0002.jpg

Image courtesy: Mr. Madhav
VKumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 06:44   #441
BHPian

Had taken a short holiday, belgaum to Pune and back. here are my observations on my ecosport titanium petrol.
1) responds beautifully on the highway, very stable, no rolling or bouncing. My wife who used to have car motion sickness didn't complain at all throughout the journey.
2) overtaking is a breeze, just have to get used to the gear ratios to get the optimum benefit.
3) sound insulation is good, was able to have conversations without having the need to shout out.
4) the sound system I feel lacks depth. Though it doesn't distort at high volume, I feel the clarity could be better, will be looking into it soon.
5)AC works brilliantly and is quick to cool the cabin
6) seat comfort is good, drove for 6 hours, was not uncomfortable at any time, but the arm rest is of absolutely no use.
7) fast tag (axis bank) worked smoothly, no issues with it
8) got a fuel efficiency of 13.5 with a mix of 80% highway and 20% city driving.
9) had taken the car to 3m car care, got the paint sealant, underbody coating, silencer coating,PPF done on the car. And just on the way back I was overtaking a truck and splat! Somebody had spit gutka out and it was all over the windshield. Took the car to the side and see my black car was covered with red gutka stains over the bonnet, door, bumper! I took a tissue paper and could easily wipe off the stains
10) the need for auto lock is desperate, have to figure out something for this, hopefully Ford comes out with a solution or somebody else find a fix to this
Dramitn is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 12:30   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Any idea if the "S" or the Signature edition would come in AT avatar?.
Thank you.
The EcoSport "S" is reportedly 6-speed MT, while the Signature Edition might have both MT & petrol AT boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
What I would really appreciate if Ford changed that alloy design of 16 inch wheels.
Chances are very slim. It will be the same pattern as the existing Titanium alloy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Does this edition also include a 6 speed manual on the diesel as well? I remember reading it somewhere.
Yep. A new 6-speed gearbox will be introduced.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 12:49   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Chances are very slim. It will be the same pattern as the existing Titanium alloy.

Yep. A new 6-speed gearbox will be introduced.
Alloys with better pattern can definitely be fitted afterwards, but this 6-speed MT sounds good. Is this specific for Ecoboost, Diesel or both?
Old 4th May 2018, 13:40   #444
BHPian

Quote:
The EcoSport "S" is reportedly 6-speed MT, while the Signature Edition might have both MT & petrol AT boxes.
Thank you RavenAvi. Any idea if the Signature edition will have sunroof?.
Will signature edition have all features that are there on the Titanium + version?.

Thank you so much.
Old 4th May 2018, 14:51   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Details of the 2 flagship variants:

EcoSport “S”:

- Electric Sunroof
- HID Lamps
- 4.2-inch Analog Cluster
- Black painted roof
- TPMS system
- Sports Pack:- including 17-inch alloys of new design, exterior finishings of grille, headlamps, foglamps, etc., Satin Orange interiors (seats, door console applique) and “S” badge.

EcoSport Signature Edition:

- Electric Sunroof
- Signature Pack:- including 17-inch alloys of new design, ESC, HLA, Rear Spoiler, exterior finishings of grille, headlamps, foglamps, etc., Anodised Blue interiors (seats, door console applique), Blue stitching on seats and “Signature” decal.

Full Details
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 12:42   #446
Senior - BHPian

Any idea on the pricing of this variant? The sunroof is definitely the differentiator. Look at what it has done to the WRV sales!
Old 7th May 2018, 14:36   #447
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Any idea whether the new Figo's ICE unit/ new Ecosport's ICE (I do know that both are different) can be fitted into the older Ecosport's dash?
I have the Ambiente version of Ecosport and sorely miss this feature...
Old 8th May 2018, 12:15   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Details of the 2 flagship variants:

EcoSport “S”:

- Electric Sunroof

EcoSport Signature Edition:

- Electric Sunroof

Full Details
While the leaked specs mention Electric sunroof, the latest photograph in the Ford EcoSport Signature Edition thread seems to show a manually operated sunroof:

Are the buttons for opening/closing the sunroof located on the dashboard, or could it be a manual sunroof for one of the above variants?

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 8th May 2018 at 12:20.
hemant.kamat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 13:54   #449
BHPian

Hey,

Has anyone taken delivery of Titanium+ AT in the last one month or so? What was the waiting time?

I had booked a copy in March at PPS Ford, Bangalore. I have constantly been in touch with my SA since. All these days there haven't been any responses from them other than the standard "May end delivery" promises. From what I gathered the delivery time for AT is 2 months and for the manuals(both petrol and diesel) it is 1 month. Is that the case everywhere?

I learnt from my SA now that the delivery has now been pushed to mid-June citing slow production. I refused to believe it and even threatened to pull out of the deal. After which the SA asked me if my colour choice is flexible. I then added Canyon Ridge as the only alternative to the booked Lightning Blue. He requested time to speak to his manager about it.

Now, I know allotment of cars doesn't exactly happen on first-come-first-serve basis. Family, friends, influence etc. is given preference. Persistence also pays in such cases. I probably should have been more active and behind the dealers tail and kept them on their toes. They also know I am a member of Team-BHP. Just don't know how seriously they are taking it. Any suggestions as to how I approach this situation?

Last edited by strawhat : 8th May 2018 at 13:57.
Old 8th May 2018, 14:06   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Hey,

Has anyone taken delivery of Titanium+ AT in the last one month or so? What was the waiting time?

I had booked a copy in March at PPS Ford, Bangalore. I have constantly been in touch with my SA since. All these days there haven't been any responses from them other than the standard "May end delivery" promises. From what I gathered the delivery time for AT is 2 months and for the manuals(both petrol and diesel) it is 1 month. Is that the case everywhere?

I learnt from my SA now that the delivery has now been pushed to mid-June citing slow production. I refused to believe it and even threatened to pull out of the deal. After which the SA asked me if my colour choice is flexible. I then added Canyon Ridge as the only alternative to the booked Lightning Blue. He requested time to speak to his manager about it.

Now, I know allotment of cars doesn't exactly happen on first-come-first-serve basis. Family, friends, influence etc. is given preference. Persistence also pays in such cases. I probably should have been more active and behind the dealers tail and kept them on their toes. They also know I am a member of Team-BHP. Just don't know how seriously they are taking it. Any suggestions as to how I approach this situation?
Typical SA attitude- If a person who has booked a car and is not following up regularly then its okay to make them wait/delay. If you are in immediate need of the car, I would suggest you to follow up regularly,make couple of visits to the showroom to speed up things. Every showroom has a "MANAGER" who can do wonders.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks