Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2018, 07:58   #466
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYAM View Post
Can u post more pics of dash cam, details and expenses incurred.
You should check out this dedicated thread for dash cams.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread
Old 16th May 2018, 08:52   #467
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
Installation done at the FASS
All these items seem third party purchases. How did you manage to get them installed at FASS? From what I understand, they only install Ford authorized accessories.
Old 16th May 2018, 09:34   #468
BHPian

The new EcoSport Brochure mentions a Signature Pack on the last page.

Does this mean that any Titanium edition can be upgraded to Electric Sunroof with EBD/ESC/TCS/HLA?

Secondly, although the brochure mentions Electric Sunroof, the photographs seem to show a fixed (non-opening type) sunroof with a manually (hand) operated sliding panel.

As usual, Ford online chat representatives are clueless about the new variants.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 16th May 2018 at 09:38.
Old 16th May 2018, 18:34   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
All these items seem third party purchases. How did you manage to get them installed at FASS? From what I understand, they only install Ford authorized accessories.
They installed it as I knew the people there
The subwoofer was offered as an accessory by Ford for aspire some time back, so they suggested that if you can get the same we can fit it, but not any other, so sourced it from UK. While fitting that I requested them to just run the wire of the dash cam which was connected to the cigarette lighter, so the wire was just run through the A pillar. I checked that the cigarette lighter turns off on switching off the car and does not drain the battery.
I got the dash cam from Amazon USA and a friend carried it with him, cost me around 9800 inr
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20180516_183916.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20180516_183932.jpg

Last edited by Dramitn : 16th May 2018 at 18:44. Reason: Answering another question.
Old 16th May 2018, 18:39   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post

Does this mean that any Titanium edition can be upgraded to Electric Sunroof with EBD/ESC/TCS/HLA?
I think it means that you can choose the optional signature pack during your booking process of a titanium variant and avail all the above mentioned features (at the extra cost though).

Quote:

Secondly, although the brochure mentions Electric Sunroof, the photographs seem to show a fixed (non-opening type) sunroof with a manually (hand) operated sliding panel.
Both the variants have 'Electric sunroof'. There are a few YouTube videos and the new Ecosport TVC as well which shows the working of sunroof.
Old 16th May 2018, 19:26   #471
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
I checked that the cigarette lighter turns off on switching off the car and does not drain the battery.
Are you sure? If so, this is a welcome change. The 12V socket in the pre-facelift is perpetually powered straight from the battery. So, there have been instances where the battery drained when someone forgot to switch off the dashcam.

As a precaution, I take the dashcam plug out of the socket every time I'm stopping for more than a few min.
Old 16th May 2018, 19:37   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Are you sure? If so, this is a welcome change. The 12V socket in the pre-facelift is perpetually powered straight from the battery. So, there have been instances where the battery drained when someone forgot to switch off the dashcam.

As a precaution, I take the dashcam plug out of the socket every time I'm stopping for more than a few min.
Yes, the Garmin charger has a light on it which turns on only when the car is turned on or the accessory mode, on turning the car off the dash cam also turns off. I checked this after the guys at Ford said they won't hardwire the dash cam, So I went with this option and turned out to be a simple process of just running the wire in the pillar and out at the rear view mirror
Old 17th May 2018, 12:08   #473
Senior - BHPian

Saw these classy looking alloys on an Ecosport getting ready for delivery at a dealership. They look a 100 times better than stock 17 inch alloys IMHO. I was never fond of the stock 17 inch alloy design on the Ecosport but I am loving this one!
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-95007669a0a445cc9a3b33b0b3040eb5.jpeg  

AkMar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 18:25   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Saw these classy looking alloys on an Ecosport getting ready for delivery at a dealership. They look a 100 times better than stock 17 inch alloys IMHO. I was never fond of the stock 17 inch alloy design on the Ecosport but I am loving this one!
They are the ones from the S variant. Yes, they look lovely.
Old 17th May 2018, 19:18   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Does this mean that any Titanium edition can be upgraded to Electric Sunroof with EBD/ESC/TCS/HLA.
Signature edition comes straight out of the factory with all those bells and whistles (on top of features of Titanium) albeit only in Lightening Blue. And the sun roof is a fully functional electric one just as the one in S. Hope this clarifies.

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 18th May 2018, 07:21   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport Consumer report as it starts sale in US,

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 15:59   #477
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ford EcoSport Consumer report as it starts sale in US,
A poor rating overall it shows how much the world has moved ahead on safety and comfort front such that one of India's leading cars in the segment in both aspects scores poorly in the review.

It talks about aspects we don't even consider in India while buying a car.

Last edited by ACM : 18th May 2018 at 16:01.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 17:58   #478
BHPian

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
A poor rating overall it shows how much the world has moved ahead on safety and comfort front such that one of India's leading cars in the segment in both aspects scores poorly in the review.

It talks about aspects we don't even consider in India while buying a car.

That has to do with the market dynamics across the world. For example the ES is a big hit in India because it's a solid product in front of its competitors. In fact it was the pioneer in the segment.The same car has a much bigger and better competition in the West, be it the UK or USA. Also ford has cars like the Fiesta in the West with which people associate every ford wrt ride and handling in which the ES doesn't hold a candle.

Also talking about US, ES isn't a good offering at all. There, people like big trucks, big sedans, muscle cars and hot hatches. The ES doesn't fall in any of those buckets.

This is why I always maintain that one shouldn't compare the same car in different countries where the market dynamics, consumer preferences and competition might be poles apart.

The 2018 ecosport scored 3 stars out of 5 in autocar UK review while other reviewers have given it as low as 2 stars. Of course we don't expect the same rating in India.

Last edited by Waspune : 18th May 2018 at 18:03.
Waspune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 18:34   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Also talking about US, ES isn't a good offering at all. There, people like big trucks, big sedans, muscle cars and hot hatches. The ES doesn't fall in any of those buckets.
So true, their entry level cars are our D segment sedans.

During my last visit last year, my rental was a brand new Corolla and I was pleasantly surprised that it had auto high beam headlights, radar based adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist etc. in such an entry level car.

The review ends by saying ES didn't come with auto emergency braking and forward collision warning, these are anyway not relevant to our market and won't become so anytime soon. Imagine driving with these enabled in our traffic ridden cities

The safety kit it comes with in our market is class leading with 6 Airbags, ESP, TC etc.
arun687 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 20:00   #480

Quote:
The new EcoSport Brochure mentions a Signature Pack on the last page.
The sunroof is fully electric. Only the shades are manual. The Signature trim sits between the Titanium and the Titanium + trims. It is available only in Diamond white, Absolute Black, Moondust Silver and Lightning blue colors.
Sukhesh Raj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed