Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2018, 10:42   #481
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Dear Friends,

Has anyone driven Ecosport petrol AT on steep hills like Nandi Hills in Bangalore?

Recently I’d been to Nandi Hills and my friends new swift Dzire 2018 struggled to climb the hill even with no passengers inside. But it was a Diesel engine. Due to the steepeenes of the hill, most of the cars their started exhuming smokes from the tires. Most of them were on a Diesel engine.

My friend who bought a diesel Ecosport alongside me buying a petrol AT claimed that petrol AT will have to struggle more than a Diesel engine considering the steep Nandi Hills. Is this statement true that petrol engine would need to struggle more?

I’d like to hear from the owners before going their and getting embarrassed and cause serious issues to the engine.

Regards
/UJ
Old 19th May 2018, 12:28   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Dear Friends,

Has anyone driven Ecosport petrol AT on steep hills like Nandi Hills in Bangalore?

Recently I’d been to Nandi Hills and my friends new swift Dzire 2018 struggled to climb the hill even with no passengers inside. But it was a Diesel engine. Due to the steepeenes of the hill, most of the cars their started exhuming smokes from the tires. Most of them were on a Diesel engine.

My friend who bought a diesel Ecosport alongside me buying a petrol AT claimed that petrol AT will have to struggle more than a Diesel engine considering the steep Nandi Hills. Is this statement true that petrol engine would need to struggle more?

Regards

/UJ

I don't own the ecosport but here are my 2 cents. On the steep inclines a NA will have lesser problems when compared to a turbo-d car as a NA doesn't have a turbo lag. I have driven the ecosport dragon petrol and it has a great low end so it shouldn't have any problem what so ever. I haven't driven the AT but as its the same engine I doubt if it would have any problems.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 15:00   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

I’d like to hear from the owners before going their and getting embarrassed and cause serious issues to the engine.

Regards
/UJ
I drove a Jazz i-VTEC manual recently to Nandi Hills top and had no issues whatsoever. It pulled cleanly even on those steep inclines. Ecosport with a more powerful engine and better low end response shouldn't have any problems I think.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 07:43   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
The new EcoSport Brochure mentions a Signature Pack on the last page.

Does this mean that any Titanium edition can be upgraded to Electric Sunroof with EBD/ESC/TCS/HLA.
Hi Hemant,

I checked with ford India and a local dealer and it appears the new signature edition car comes with these changes from factory outlet. So there’s no way to fit these as accessories in existing Ecosport. Having said that, you can consider upgrading the car to the signature edition.

I own a petrol AT T+ just bought 2 months back. Ford will buy the upright with 10% depreciation on ex-showroom. However the signature edition is not available on AT but only on Manual variant of petrol and diesel. So I don’t think it’s a wise choice to upgrade.

We need to wait for another 6 months when these accessories (diamond cut alloy at Lest) available for sale at the dealership.

Regards
/UJ
Old 20th May 2018, 12:49   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

Recently I’d been to Nandi Hills and my friends new swift Dzire 2018 struggled to climb the hill even with no passengers inside. But it was a Diesel engine. Due to the steepeenes of the hill
I took her to Shimla and solan, the car was fully loaded with luggage, three passengers - all on the heavy side and a pet(large) and had no issues at all on very steep inclines,in D mode.
Dezire diesel,as far as I know has a lot of lag and hence it might have struggled.
My two cents

Last edited by blurust : 20th May 2018 at 12:52.
blurust is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 14:06   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ford EcoSport Consumer report as it starts sale in US,
Ford EcoSport now reviewed in UK ,

Quote:
Two revisions later and Ford is trying to reinvent a model originally developed for emerging markets such as India, where it was initially built, into a sporty small SUV. That’s why this facelifted EcoSport heralds the arrival of an additional ST-Line trim level
Verdict:

Quote:
Styling updates, a perky engine and a new cabin have helped to improve the EcoSport, but the competition in this class is tough, and it’s still too far off the pace. This ST-Line isn’t as sporty as you might think, plus it trails its rivals for quality. Adequate performance and economy aren’t enough here, while poorer residuals don’t help its case, even if it is reasonably practical.

AE
Old 25th May 2018, 00:13   #487
BHPian

Ecosport S version with Ecoboost engine reviews are out. Ford removed 17 inch wheels and TPMS from Titanium to make space for S version.
For 85k more we get the following features and six speed gearbox for ecoboost.
The six speed gearbox makes the ecoboost a bit more drive able.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-ecosports.jpg

PraNeel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 17:13   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

Regards
/UJ
not on nandi hills but on ghats of Maharashtra on full load no issues. i have a 2017 Feb model

ROS
Old 27th May 2018, 15:49   #489
BHPian

Fly Audio infotainment system (9" touchscreen) seems to be the new problem area in the newer Ecosports. Its a well known fact that the Fly Audio system is of inferior quality compared to the Sync3 systems. But recently 2 owners from the Facebook EcoSquads group have faced issue with screen freezing and washed out display. It seems like Ford service personnel are aware of quality issues but not able to resolve them. As of now the 2 affected owners are getting replacements.

Ford has opted for this touchscreen unit in the lower variants of both Ecosport and Freestyle. Cost cutting measure is obvious but the poor quality is definitely frustrating.

Credits: Abhinandan Katageri & Dony Thomas

Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-fb_img_1527415852842.jpg  

FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 02:09   #490
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
/UJ
I am not sure which variants you & your friends are going to buy but it is very likely that petrol AT comes with Hill Hold Assist. If your variant comes with it & your friend's doesn't, your friend might be the one who'll feel embarrassed

PS: Learn to use hand breaks on hills. You will feel home even with a Maruti 800.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 08:59   #491
BANNED

Quote:
Dear Friends,

My friend who bought a diesel Ecosport alongside me buying a petrol AT claimed that petrol AT will have to struggle more than a Diesel engine considering the steep Nandi Hills.
No offence but I think your friend has misguided you in this regard. There is no problem what so ever in tackling Nandi hills or something even steeper with your Ecosport. In your case, it being a torque converter automatic with a free revving naturally aspirated petrol, I must say you may have the edge over puny turbocharged diesels which are more tuned for mid range and above. (Ex: Fiat MJD powered Swift, Dzire, Brezza)

On a lighter note, try inviting your friend to Nandi hills in his diesel Ecosport on a Saturday morning at 6AM. I am sure you will end up patting yourself on the back for having picked up an automatic
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 12:58   #492
BHPian

I think the 2018 lineups have got updated specifications compared to the ones that were sold during Nov/Dec 2017. I have Titanium+ AT (Petrol) version that does not have the following:

1. Passenger side seat belt warning
2. Speed sensitive door auto locks

(not sure if there are more)

I was surprised to know these differences, after my brother-in-law took the delivery of his Diesel Titanium+ variant yesterday from Chennai Ford. As usual, the service people were clueless when I called them to enquire about it and see if it can be enabled through a firmware upgrade.

Please let us know if we are missing other important features such as above.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 22:51   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
I think the 2018 lineups have got updated specifications compared to the ones that were sold during Nov/Dec 2017. I have Titanium+ AT (Petrol) version that does not have the following:

1. Passenger side seat belt warning
2. Speed sensitive door auto locks

(not sure if there are more)

I was surprised to know these differences, after my brother-in-law took the delivery of his Diesel Titanium+ variant yesterday from Chennai Ford.
Ford has done many silent and many announced changes in the Ecosport since the facelift launch.

Silent changes -
1) Under seat storage tray removed from T+
2) Seat back and forth adjustment knob-type lever has been changed to bar-type in T+
3) TPMS removed from T+
4) USB ports are no longer illuminated in lower variants. Not sure about T+
5) Variant badging removed in lower variants

Announced changes -
1) T+ tyres reduced to 16" (205/60)
2) Speed sensing auto door lock added across variants
3) Passenger side seat belt warning added
4) Lower variants now get 9" infotainment touchscreen without Sync3, Android Auto and Apple Carplay
5) Rear view camera added to lower variants

Customers get the features in the car based on what's available at the time. There is no possibility of getting any features that have been removed or features that get added later. Many owners have enquired and got standard reply from Ford customer care stating the same.

Ford says they have a policy of dynamically changing their car's features based on market feedback. I would really like to meet those people who take part in Ford's surveys and feedbacks! And the customers should actually be paid for being Ford's beta testers!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 19:10   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Many owners have enquired and got standard reply from Ford customer care stating the same.
I took delivery probably one of the first batch of these new Ecosports with the pathetic FlyAudio system. I dropped an email, called Ford and even offered to pay the difference to get Sync3 and I was told it's just not possible.

Really frustrating not to have Sync3 even as an paid option.

The FlyAudio is so plain Pathetic, even Chinese ones under 10K offer better features and performance than this one.
jagzrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 21:00   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Big thanks to Shabbeer Zafar for sharing this valuable piece of information with other enthusiasts!

Quote:
Did a pre-registration inspection of my beast today. VIN shows it's a May 2018 manufacture. Posting the most awaited new 16" alloy for Titanium+. In my case the tire is Goodyear Assurance.

Battery Update: I am informed that Ford has upgraded the battery from 43 Ah to 52 Ah. It's a black color battery with Ford branding on it. I also spoke to the service advisor there regarding battery drain issue in Titanium+ AT and need to update PCM. He confidently said it is no more required since the problem is addressed by Ford in April onwards manufactured ES. Not sure if it is the case with all took delivery last month and still facing the issue. But I guess Ford is listening to its customers.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-image2.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks