Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2018, 14:37   #526
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Also posting some pictures of our new companion Ecosport Trend + a.k.a Romina
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20180627_235045_343.jpg

Picture courtesy Samba
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20180701_214047_877.jpg
SVK Rider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 22:53   #527
BHPian

Owners having cover on their spare wheel, are you using any kind of lock on the wheel cover latch to prevent it from getting stolen?

Also, I read some owner experiences on Facebook where the spare wheel cover fell off without their knowledge. Anyone here had similar experience? What precautions can we take to prevent this from happening? I noticed that the spare wheel cover vibrates quite a lot when closing the boot lid. Will that make it loose over the time?
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-fb_img_1530811248430.jpg  

FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 23:32   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Owners having cover on their spare wheel, are you using any kind of lock on the wheel cover latch to prevent it from getting stolen?

Also, I read some owner experiences on Facebook where the spare wheel cover fell off without their knowledge. Anyone here had similar experience? What precautions can we take to prevent this from happening? I noticed that the spare wheel cover vibrates quite a lot when closing the boot lid. Will that make it loose over the time?
I have not locked the spare wheel cover, and have not faced any issues with it till now.

I have seen quite a few locks hanging below EcoSport's on the road.

If installed correctly, with all locks in place, I don't see a reason why it would fall off on its own.
Old 6th July 2018, 17:23   #529
BHPian

Ford is recalling some EcoSport pertaining to some issues with weld integrity of front lower control arm.
More details here;
Source:https://www.motoroids.com/news/ford-...eld-integrity/
Old 6th July 2018, 21:06   #530

Quote:
I don't think a small lock can stop people from stealing the spare wheel cover. It can be cut open in a minute or two. However to remove the back part of the cover they will have to remove the spare wheel. A lock might cost around Rs.50 or 100, so i guess i will go ahead and put one on. But got to make sure the key is in the car always or else it'll be a headache when we are on a road trip if the spare wheel is needed.
Sukhesh Raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 22:13   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhesh Raj View Post
I don't think a small lock can stop people from stealing the spare wheel cover. It can be cut open in a minute or two. However to remove the back part of the cover they will have to remove the spare wheel. A lock might cost around Rs.50 or 100, so i guess i will go ahead and put one on. But got to make sure the key is in the car always or else it'll be a headache when we are on a road trip if the spare wheel is needed.
Lock won't stop people from stealing but would definitely make it a bit harder and time consuming thereby discouraging the thieves. I have ordered below lock from Amazon which is a number lock, so I won't have to worry about the key.

Samsonite Black Luggage Lock https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01KQM653W/..._tV5pBb3ZX31N6
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 17:42   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
I recently took delivery of my 2018 May manufactured Ecosport Diesel Trend+.
The engine specification as per Ford India website is 100bhp or 73.8kw and 205nm of torque @1750-3250

However while checking the manual in the ford app along with hard copy owners manual it's mentioned that the max torque is 215 10nm and not 205

Can anyone throw light on this which one is correct?
It is 205nm of max torque which is also mentioned in the official review (please refer to the comparison table in page 1). The additional 10 nm torque is made available only in figo twins and freestyle.
Old 9th July 2018, 15:47   #533
BHPian

So finally the battery drain issue has bitten me. I've Nov'17 manufactured facelift 1.5 Titanium+ AT. Since it being not a primary car for my commute, the current odo is around 7000 Kms which comes to around 800-900 km/month. Recently we (five adult) did a short trip of ~ 500 kms with 100% AC on. The journey was without any issues and we returned back safely. However when I tried to open the doors of the car next day, it refused to budge. Neither the sensors were responding nor the remote. There was no sign of any kind of life in the car. I finally opened the door using the manual key which atleast let me access the car from inside. Post which I tried with push-start button which again didn't work. I suspected a battery drain, having read it earlier here and also reported by others. I quickly called my SA and narrated the event. At first instance, he couldn't believe that a relatively new car can have this issue. He advised me to contact RSA which I promptly did. Thankfully, the car was in our parking space hence didn't face the horror of it getting lifeless on busy road. RSA called me up and took my initial observations and promised to reach in 1 hour which he did.

He came with a spare battery and jump cable and was able to start the car. He concluded in the report that battery had drained out completely (though I had done a trip the day earlier without any issues). We kept the car on for 30 mins for battery to be charged at operating levels. He was also quite surprised by the battery drain issue. The car was locked properly the other night and I don't have any other accessories installed. The next day I thoroughly got it investigated at Ford service but they couldn't conclude anything. They've asked me to let them know if it happens again which I means I should be prepared for the worst. This is simply annoying to say the least and I'm now skeptical of taking her on a long drive simply because I don't know whether I'll face the problem again. I did escalate to dealer's service manager and he said that they've forwarded the complain to relevant people. This is a first niggle (and a major one) in otherwise a lovely car. Fingers crossed but am not at peace knowing that there is an issue lurking around.
LeoMachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 15:31   #534
BHPian

I had the first long(ish) trip with my Shadowfax (Trend Plus AT) this past weekend when I went to my hometown. It was a round trip of ~400kms. I was very excited as I wanted to experience the Ecosport on the highways. Very happy to report that I am massively impressed with the car and it lived up to its reputation!

The car was very planted and rock stable on the highways at high speeds. I could almost feel its weight on the road. Very graceful and composed the way it behaved. I was genuinely surprised at the almost lazy way it treated speeds of 70-80kph. Many times my wife and I mistakenly thought we were going at 40-50kph!

I kept the speed varying between 60-80kph. Didn't want to go beyond that during this initial period. Provided gentle throttle inputs and the car accelerated linearly. The auto box upshifted at around 2000 RPM which was smooth and barely perceptible save for the drop in RPM. I was worried about overtakes in the absence of paddle shifters, but it was no issue at all. A push on the A pedal harder than usual was sufficient to get that surge of power!

NVH levels were awesome and I got only a bit of tyre noise from the Goodyear Assurance. Otherwise it was a quiet cabin. The only niggle was with finding a comfortable seating position, which needs some more trials.

Looking forward to more long trips with my Shadowfax. I am addicted now!
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo_20180708_10552101.jpeg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo_20180709_16594701.jpeg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo_20180709_17001401.jpeg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo_20180709_170120.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo_20180709_17014701.jpeg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo_20180709_17022901.jpeg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo_20180709_20213101.jpeg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo_20180709_20211801.jpeg  

FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 10:40   #535
BHPian

Hi

Could someone clarify on this, please.

Does the owner's manual for the diesel variant mention any need for engine run in or does it mention of the engine been run in at the factory itself

Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 11:56   #536
Senior - BHPian

QQ folks.

In SYNC3 , there is a setting for Adapative volume setting which increases/decreases volume based on Speed. Frankly i cannot make out whether it is really working or not. Haven't seen any change in volume when the speedometer touches 100 or above and never seen it decreasing when the speed is reduced.

Anyone is able to make out how this really works?

-Ravi
Old 13th July 2018, 20:17   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Anyone is able to make out how this really works?

-Ravi
Hi Ravi, after reading your post, today I observed the same in my car. I could sense the change in volume when the speed increased and back down when it decreased. I’m pretty sure it’s working alright in my car. Have you checked the settings? Usually in the HU, the speed adaptive volume will have different levels like low,medium and high. Check is you’ve set to it High on your car?

I’ve a question to other members here. The HAC in my car (Titanium S 1.5L Diesel) keeps getting turned off on its own. I’ll have to turn it on again in the driver assistance menu. This is the third time I’m observing it being switched off. Has anyone else also experienced the same?
Sukhesh Raj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 23:17   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ravi, after reading your post, today I observed the same in my car. I could sense the change in volume when the speed increased and back down when it decreased. I’m pretty sure it’s working alright in my car. Have you checked the settings? Usually in the HU, the speed adaptive volume will have different levels like low,medium and high. Check is you’ve set to it High on your car?
Hey, Thanks. But did you notice any change in the volume settings. For example, if you initially set at 6 points when you start the car, once you cross high speed say 100 kmph, was it still at 6 points? Did you notice the difference just in increasing decibels but not the points ?

Quote:
I’ve a question to other members here. The HAC in my car (Titanium S 1.5L Diesel) keeps getting turned off on its own. I’ll have to turn it on again in the driver assistance menu. This is the third time I’m observing it being switched off. Has anyone else also experienced the same?
Yes, Hill Assist randomly gets disabled in MID and of late after BCM update, i occasionally see Hill Start Mal Function error in MID when i start the car at random intervals. I have to manual enable it. I have informed it to FASS, and they had asked for a video to show it and escalate to Ford. When i spoke to other friends having T+ models, they also mentioned about this problem.

Since this doesn't happen everytime, and may be once in 20 or 30 times and unpredictable, its tough to take video. Just waiting for next time it to happen.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 15th July 2018 at 23:21.
Old 16th July 2018, 02:57   #539
BANNED

Quote:

The only niggle was with finding a comfortable seating position, which needs some more trials.

Looking forward to more long trips with my Shadowfax. I am addicted now!
I have driven multiple Ford cars and I agree with you that finding a comfortable seating position in a Ford car is difficult but once you get it right, it will be great fun to drive this beast.
I found it easy to get adjusted to Hyundai cars when compared to any other car.
_nitink_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 10:49   #540
BHPian

Any T+ owners with R16 Goodyear Assurance tyres experiencing "tuk-tuk" noise emanating at low speeds (<50kmph)? This noise is faintly audible even when all windows are closed. Didn't cause any problems as such. But any tyre related issue gets me worried.

Last edited by strawhat : 16th July 2018 at 10:54.

Most Viewed