Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2018, 12:55   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Hi Petrol AT owners,

How's the real-time mileage turning out to be in city b2b traffic? Claimed mileage is around 14.something, but in real world is it in single figures(<9kmpl)? Highways I understand should be around 11-13kpl but usually AT is the preference for in-city crazy traffic conditions, hence the query.

Reason for asking : Although not in a hurry but my upgrade's got to be an AT(thanks to Bangalore traffic) and high GC is also very much a mandatory criteria. So Ecosport Petrol AT & Nexon Petrol AMT(no diesel for me) are more or less the choices. But if the mileage is around 7-8kpl, I might have to look at i20 CVT(compromising on the GC a bit)

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th July 2018 at 13:04.
Old 16th July 2018, 13:14   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Hi Petrol AT owners,

How's the real-time mileage turning out to be in city b2b traffic? Claimed mileage is around 14.something, but in real world is it in single figures(<9kmpl)? Highways I understand should be around 11-13kpl but usually AT is the preference for in-city crazy traffic conditions, hence the query.
Real time mileage is anywhere between 7.5 - 8.5 km/l in the city. Once you are on the open highway, the mileage improves to 14+.

Over time, I have learnt to have a very light foot on the pedal; also when at standstill, I put the car in "N". This saves 20-30% fuel. The MID shows a drop in fuel consumption from 1.5 l/hr to 1.1 or 1.2 l/hr. The clutch is also spared.
rpunwani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 13:25   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Any T+ owners with R16 Goodyear Assurance tyres experiencing "tuk-tuk" noise emanating at low speeds (<50kmph)? This noise is faintly audible even when all windows are closed. Didn't cause any problems as such. But any tire related issue gets me worried.
I have been hearing the sound since the second day of ownership. I am not able to pin point the source of the sound. I suppose it is due to stone chips getting stuck in the tire threads. Let us know if you find a solution. Cheers !
Old 16th July 2018, 16:23   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Petrol AT owners,

How's the real-time mileage turning out to be in city b2b traffic? Claimed mileage is around 14.something, but in real world is it in single figures(<9kmpl)? Highways I understand should be around 11-13kpl but usually AT is the preference for in-city crazy traffic conditions, hence the query
I am getting around 7.7 in Mumbai's B2B traffic.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 21:52   #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Did you notice the difference just in increasing decibels but not the points ?
The difference is only in the increase of the decibels, the points remain the same. It is the same case with the Pioneer HU on my Polo.

Quote:
Yes, Hill Assist randomly gets disabled in MID and of late after BCM update, i occasionally see Hill Start Mal Function error in MID when i start the car at random intervals. I have to manual enable it. I have informed it to FASS, and they had asked for a video to show it and escalate to Ford. When i spoke to other friends having T+ models, they also mentioned about this problem.
Is there any particular reason why the HAC gets disabled on its own? Is it some kind of bug or something?
I have not got any Mal Function error till date, will observe and update here.
Sukhesh Raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 22:52   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhesh Raj View Post

Is there any particular reason why the HAC gets disabled on its own? Is it some kind of bug or something?
It is a defect as it disables HLA automatically and overrides user setting. User has to manually enable it again when noticed.
Earlier for me it used to get disabled without malfunction error, but after BMC Update, i get the malfunction error and also gets disabled. Once i enable it manually, it stays for few days until it occurs next time.

When i referred the manual, it says, the system will be turned off when it is malfunctioning or engine is revved high. I don't rev engine more than 3000 rpm and i don't know beyond what RPM they mean as revving engine high? Red line? Moreover, what i see is system turned off already when we start the engine and not when we rev it while it is on. Need clarity,but anyway the issue has to be fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-hsa-off.jpg  

Last edited by ravib : 16th July 2018 at 23:01.
Old 17th July 2018, 11:18   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Petrol AT owners,

I get around 9 kmpl with 100% AC in moderate to heavy traffic. I'm usually very light on accelerator and use D mode 99% of time. I think 8-9 kmpl is a realistic figure in city usage for Ecosport AT. It may vary around 10%-20% based on driving pattern. My requirements were clear about having AT (TC or DSG) and high GC with budget around 12 lacs and there are hardly any options available apart from Ecosport
LeoMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 16:17   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Petrol AT owners,

How's the real-time mileage turning out to be in city b2b traffic? ..... But if the mileage is around 7-8kpl, I might have to look at i20 CVT(compromising on the GC a bit)
I'm getting 7-8 kmpl in Bangalore B2B traffic in my Tit+ AT. It has run 2K+ now and seems to have stabilized at this level.

On highway runs with spirited driving [ it has only been spirited so far ] - 13 KMPL with a mix of "D" and "S" modes.
qaqa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 16:37   #549
BHPian

Hi,

Have any members on the forum gone in for a tyre change (17") tyres? I yes, changed to which size/brand and how is the feedback.
Old 18th July 2018, 14:21   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Hi,

Have any members on the forum gone in for a tyre change (17") tyres? I yes, changed to which size/brand and how is the feedback.
The question isn't clear considering some people are actually downgrading to 16" rims for bigger sidewall considering the issues with 17" rims and Ecopias or simply preferring tyres with stronger sidewalls. Also the reason I strictly stuck to 16" Steel Rims, me being paranoid about alloys.

Do you mean:
1. Upgrade to 17" rims? - Highly not recommended.
2. Upgrade tyres on 17" rims? - Sure, go for ones with sturdy side-walls. No point in changing stock tyre size here, Ecosport has fairly sized tyres.
2. Downgrade to 16" rims? - Sr.2 would be preferable. But if paranoid like me, sure that's an option.
Old 18th July 2018, 15:10   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
The question isn't clear considering some people are actually downgrading to 16" rims for bigger sidewall considering the issues with 17" rims and Ecopias or simply preferring tyres with stronger sidewalls. Also the reason I strictly stuck to 16" Steel Rims, me being paranoid about alloys.

Do you mean:
1. Upgrade to 17" rims? - Highly not recommended.
2. Upgrade tyres on 17" rims? - Sure, go for ones with sturdy side-walls. No point in changing stock tyre size here, Ecosport has fairly sized tyres.
2. Downgrade to 16" rims? - Sr.2 would be preferable. But if paranoid like me, sure that's an option.
Sorry if my query was not clear. I was asking if any members have changed 17" stock Ecopia tyres to other brands. There are no options in the stock 205/50R17 size other than Ecopia.
Old 18th July 2018, 15:29   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Sorry if my query was not clear. I was asking if any members have changed 17" stock Ecopia tyres to other brands. There are no options in the stock 205/50R17 size other than Ecopia.
Shocking! You're right. There are indeed no options at-least selling mass-market in the stock size!

This post has a specific recommendation but I'm guessing hard to get tyre:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4418202

A 215/50 R17 upgrade will slightly increase the sidewall height as well keeping overall circumference under 2% and this size has some options. I think some members may have experimented with this size. Hope they can chip in..
Old 18th July 2018, 19:03   #553

Quote:
It is a defect as it disables HLA automatically and overrides user setting. User has to manually enable it again when noticed.
Earlier for me it used to get disabled without malfunction error, but after BMC Update, i get the malfunction error and also gets disabled. Once i enable it manually, it stays for few days until it occurs next time.
Did you approach the FASS about this issue? I asked my Sales Rep about the same, he told this is the first time he’s hearing about this issue. He told me to get it checked during the first checkup which is due in 2 months. When did you get the BMC Update done? Won’t mine be the latest version? When the car comes off the assembly won’t they install the latest softwares? If mine isn’t the updated one, should I not get the update done?

I’m getting a mileage of 11kmpl for city usage, checked it full tank to full tank. What mileage are others on the forum getting?
Old 18th July 2018, 20:49   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Petrol AT owners,

Reason for asking : Although not in a hurry but my upgrade's got to be an AT(thanks to Bangalore traffic) and high GC is also very much a mandatory criteria. So Ecosport Petrol AT & Nexon Petrol AMT(no diesel for me) are more or less the choices. But if the mileage is around 7-8kpl, I might have to look at i20 CVT(compromising on the GC a bit)

I own a Titanium+ and I am getting 10.5 - 11 kmpl in a mixture of Mumbai traffic (50%) expressway driving (10%) and driving on the EEH (40%). This I believe is the best that one can expect from a heavy vehicle with a torque converter. My father's Honda City ZX CVT also returns similar numbers with a similar driving pattern.

Owing to the recent spell of heavy rains, I've been able to keep the a/c at 24 degrees and that has helped the economy figures by leaps and bounds. This might be useful in case you're trying to maximize efficiency.
anirudh_85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 00:00   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Petrol AT owners,

How's the real-time mileage turning out to be in city b2b traffic?
Mine is doing about 7 KMPL. It is by far the most expensive to run vehicle I've owned so far, but I don't mind because, even to this day, it simply has no competition that is equally well equipped, is as much of a pleasure to drive, has similar build quality and ground clearance and is as safe.

I don't think anyone can get more than 8 KMPL in 95% city driving conditions (like mine) though.
aryayush is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks