Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 14th September 2018, 11:59   #601
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
What is the city mileage I can expect from ecosport diesel? Any discounts available?
In bumper to bumper Bangalore city traffic, i get anywhere between 12 to 15 kmpl depending on various conditions. You have to check with the Delhi dealers for any discounts they are offering.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 18:39   #602
BHPian

Default Black treatment for Chrome grill

Hello people,

I'm not sure whether this has been discussed in this thread before; so I would like to check if someone could clarify this.

I have an ES T+ AT (Lightening Blue), and I'm not very happy with the chrome treatment for the front grill. I love the raptor grill (like most others, I'm sure!), but after scouring the internet, came up with the following options:

1. Swapping the chrome with the black grill of the lower variants (price: around 4-6k/-, I assume?)
2. Autmotive Peel coat color (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...A2H1RULRNLC1HL) Price: 650/-. Most VFM option.
3. Unauthorized/non-OEM Raptor grills from some of the local vendors. These require some cutting and scraping, which I'm not very comfortable with.
4. Official raptor grill: Rudra Ford had quoted around 8k for it around 4 months ago. I'm not sure whether these are officially sold by Ford India and whether the price seems right.

I would request anyone on this thread who has used either of these options to good effect to let me know what would be the most feasible for me. I'm also open to any new suggestions.

Looking forward to your inputs.
spectre13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 22:44   #603
BHPian

Raptor grill with 'FORD' upfront costs around 32K from the dealership IIRC. They do not make it for EcoSport officialy. No idea about aftermarket products.
quickfox11 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 23:47   #604

Did my first long trip in Ecosport from Kerala to Pune. Took almost 24 hours (excluding rest period) to complete the joutney and it was a joy to cruise the ES on highways. I got an economy of 14.2 km/ltr after maintaining near 3 digit speed for most part of the journey. I've done similar trips in the past with Fiesta and Etios, but in terms of NVH levels, they are no match for the ES. The AC worked superbly even in the scorching highway heat. I had done a thorough wax polish before the commencement of journey and after running over 1500 kms, just a hose wash took all the dirt off the car . The only complaint I have is about the head lamps. The projector low beam is just satisfactory, but the conventional reflector high beam is pathetic. If it doesn't involve much hardware change, I am considering an upgrade to Ecosport S's HID lamps. Rest all went silky smooth in the journey and even my born-lazy colleagues were eager to take the steering.
Some snaps...

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20180917_222617.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20180917_221336.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180908wa0028.jpg  

Last edited by bblost : 20th September 2018 at 23:54.
SYAM is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2018, 09:24   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYAM View Post
Did my first long trip in Ecosport from Kerala to Pune. Took almost 24 hours (excluding rest period) to complete the joutney and it was a joy to cruise the ES on highways.

The projector low beam is just satisfactory, but the conventional reflector high beam is pathetic. If it doesn't involve much hardware change, I am considering an upgrade to Ecosport S's HID lamps.

That's a nice long drive. I recently did Pune - Chennai in my old gen Figo and loved every bit of the drive. Will be doing Pune - Mysore in Nov. in my new Ecosport and can't wait for it !

On the headlamps, I have the S and upgrading to the S headlamps may not help you much since only the low beam is HID. High beam is the same halogen bulb as the regular variants. You can look at replacing the high beam bulb with Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Night Breakers, etc. which will be plug and play.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote