Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2019, 12:35   #691
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I have petrol AT version. I am getting about 10 kmpl before first service, with sedate driving (includes city and highway). Manual has a better ARAI score, should give 12 kmpl.
I am getting similar numbers with sedate driving. If your per day driving is more then you should consider a manual diesel car. The 2 kmpl drop compared to manual variant is more than made up by the convenience and smoothness of the drive. It's a tradeoff after all.
Old 6th January 2019, 14:41   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
I am getting similar numbers with sedate driving. If your per day driving is more then you should consider a manual diesel car. The 2 kmpl drop compared to manual variant is more than made up by the convenience and smoothness of the drive. It's a tradeoff after all.
My per day driving is 30 km. I really wanted to get a diesel car, but lack of comparable automatic options frustrated me to no end.

I had shortlisted S-cross zeta amd Duster AMT top model too. Had actually booked S-cross. But the dealer (Nexa Baner, Pune) tried to give a 5 month old car. So I cancelled the booking.

Cancelled duster due to AMT, lackluster interior and low safety rating. But looking at my petrol expenses, and the lack of space in Ecosport, is making me regret 😀
pseudo_coder is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 12:43   #693
BHPian

Guys, can anyone update on the real world usage views on the flyaudio system for the ecosport? Read a lot of complaints on the forum earlier. Will help in deciding between variants for my purchase, basically between Titanium & Titanium+

Last edited by akp666 : 9th January 2019 at 13:06.
Old 9th January 2019, 13:28   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp666 View Post
Guys, can anyone update on the real world usage views on the flyaudio system for the ecosport? Read a lot of complaints on the forum earlier. Will help in deciding between variants for my purchase, basically between Titanium & Titanium+
Eyes closed, go for Titanium+. If i were you, my decision making to finalize a variant won't be solely based on FlyAudio system or its issues. I agree its important, but IMO there are far more greater benefits plus the SYNC3 system in choosing Titanium+ variant. My 2 cents

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 14:37   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Eyes closed, go for Titanium+. If i were you, my decision making to finalize a variant won't be solely based on FlyAudio system or its issues. I agree its important, but IMO there are far more greater benefits plus the SYNC3 system in choosing Titanium+ variant. My 2 cents

-Ravi
Thanks man. And it is not based only on flyaudio. Trying to stretch the Vitamin M and to go for the Titanium+ with the added safety features and all, but wanted to ask the forum incase I ended up with Titanium as I need to change my car urgently.
Old 9th January 2019, 17:57   #696
BHPian

Quote:
We have a Titanium TDCI with the FlyAudio HU. I did not face any issues with the system yet within the 3 months of ownership, however I do miss features like Android Auto, TPMS and the extra Safety features that are offered in the plus variant. I haven't used the Navigation feature yet (since I use GMaps on my phone), but it does seem okay. It has some intelligent features like Speed limit markers wherein it will beep if you cross the speed limit that was preset for an certain stretch of road, actually it's one of the main reasons I do not use it since I find the beep very annoying during my joyful drives
The audio quality is decent unless you are an audiophile who is really keen on good quality audio. You can play video as well (from USB) but only when the car is stationary or below certain speed limit which is again a safety feature. The radio reception is great and overall the system is a responsive unit but maybe not as good as the Sync3 HU. So unless you are really keen on android auto and voice commands, there is not much of a difference. And IMO the HU shouldn't be your deciding factor, there are other important features that you should focus on while comparing Titanium and Titanium+ variants, not to forget the significant price bump!

Last edited by Funny : 9th January 2019 at 18:03.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 23:48   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man. And it is not based only on flyaudio. Trying to stretch the Vitamin M and to go for the Titanium+ with the added safety features and all, but wanted to ask the forum incase I ended up with Titanium as I need to change my car urgently.
Sync 3 with Android Auto and Apple Carplay is miles better than FlyAudio system in usability. It's quite snappy too.

Go with T+ and enjoy the extra goodies that come with it. The 4 additional airbags, ESP, TCS, auto wipers are definitely useful.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 15:03   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Anyone owning the manual version of the 1.5 Dragon engine? Could they shed some light on what is the fuel efficiency figures that they are getting in the city and highway respectively?
I am closing in on the 3,000-kms mark with my Falkor (Trend MT, Oct 2018 make) and the MID shows 14.8 kmpl. The Fuelio app shows 14.73 kmpl for the same ODO readings so the MID is pretty accurate.

This is with ~2,400-odd kms on the highway and the rest inside the city, with the ACC set at 25°C and used ~25% of the entire running. Sticking mostly to the 3rd and 4th gears, with the 5th gear exclusively for the highways.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 09:23   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
If i were you, my decision making to finalize a variant won't be solely based on FlyAudio system or its issues.
Agreed with ravib. HU should never be the deciding factor. There are lot of other important features that should be looked into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
We have a Titanium TDCI with the FlyAudio HU. I did not face any issues with the system yet within the 3 months of ownership
I have a Trend Plus AT and my observation on the Fly Audio is similar to Funny. Unless you compared side by side with Sync3, the Fly Audio is decent enough for everyday usage if you can take care of Google Maps needs through phone.

If budget permits then blindly go for Titanium Plus for the extra safety and convenience features.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 12:20   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Agreed with ravib. HU should never be the deciding factor. There are lot of other important features that should be looked into.

I have a Trend Plus AT and my observation on the Fly Audio is similar to Funny. Unless you compared side by side with Sync3, the Fly Audio is decent enough for everyday usage if you can take care of Google Maps needs through phone.

If budget permits then blindly go for Titanium Plus for the extra safety and convenience features.
Guys, The HU is not my only consideration deciding between the models. My intention of posting the query was incase I am unable to stretch the budget and end up with a lower variant, because I am dead set on the ecosport, what was the real time usage reviews are like of the fly audio from fellow bhpains, as I find the views here to be more objective compared to reviews/videos etc. Thanks for your replies mates I shall update as soon as something is finalised.
akp666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 12:35   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, The HU is not my only consideration deciding between the models. My intention of posting the query was incase I am unable to stretch the budget and end up with a lower variant, because I am dead set on the ecosport, what was the real time usage reviews are like of the fly audio from fellow bhpains, as I find the views here to be more objective compared to reviews/videos etc. Thanks for your replies mates I shall update as soon as something is finalised.
What (other than the size of the screen itself and the ability to pair your phone through Android Auto/ Apple Car Play etc.) is the significant difference between the Titanium and Titanium Plus touch screens?

Are all the other operations (music, camera etc) identical?

Also, any reviews on the real world usability and speed of the touch screens from present users? Does the screen remain as fluid as it initially was, or has any lag developed over time and usage?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 11th January 2019 at 12:47.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 12:47   #702
BHPian

Quote:
What (other than the size of the screen itself and the ability to pair your phone through Android Auto/ Apple Car Play etc.) is the significant difference between the Titanium and Titanium Plus touch screens?

Are all the other operations (music, camera etc) identical?
Well it has Emergency assist, EBA, ESC, TCS, HLA, Side and curtain airbags, the essential safety kit I also want over the Titanium model, plus after using android auto in my current car, I know what I will be missing in fly audio.
Old 11th January 2019, 12:51   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well it has Emergency assist, EBA, ESC, TCS, HLA, Side and curtain airbags, the essential safety kit I also want over the Titanium model, plus after using android auto in my current car, I know what I will be missing in fly audio.
Thanks, I am aware of the additional safety features in the Titanium Plus version (in terms of airbags, traction control, HLA etc). My question was specific to the touch screen, though. From your reply, it appears that the only missing functionality is Android Auto/ Apple Car Play.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 13:02   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I am aware of the additional safety features in the Titanium Plus version (in terms of airbags, traction control, HLA etc). My question was specific to the touch screen, though. From your reply, it appears that the only missing functionality is Android Auto/ Apple Car Play.
I just read your previous comment in full. Apologies for missing out. Some videos I have seen where the screen simply washes out or is simply unresponsive, and has to be reset again and again. Compared to the 8 inch one the flyaudio 9inch is also a laggy. Rest all is pretty much the same in Tit & Tit+ varients.
akp666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 14:11   #705
BHPian

I have new Ecosport T+ Diesel purchased in Nov'17. The longest drive done by me was during Diwali when I did Pune -> My Home Town in UP -> Pune. Total distance traveled was 4500 Kilometers. My experience with Ecosport is -

1. Very comfortable driving seat and steering with well placed controls.
2. High ground clearance is must. It was useful in my whole trip.
3. I used Android auto in my whole trip and it was excellent. It is must have if you are using Maps, Phone and Songs in your car.
4. Fuel Mileage was around 19-20 Kilometer/Liter with AC ON all the time and with fully loaded car.
5. Cruise Control is must have when you are on long drives. My experience is that cruise control is more beneficial in manual gear shift cars. Set the cruise limit, come in top gear as soon as possible and press cruise control button and relax.
6. TPMS display is always ON on my screen. It helps me in monitoring Tyre pressures all the time. Very useful feature you can have in your car.
7. Auto AC again is must have.
manish_symc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks