Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2019, 11:19   #736
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Booked a Silver Titanium + Automatic Yesterday

Booked through Harpreet Ford (TSG Automobiles) Gurgaon. Tentative delivery by 15th Feb.

Breakdown
Ex Showroom price @ 1135700
1% TCS @ 11357
Registration charges @ 149132
Essential Kit @ 3224
3rd & 4th Year warranty @ 15466
------------------------------------------
Total: INR 1314879
Less: Disount @ 25000
Total @ 1289879

Insurance will be done from outside.

I am eagerly waiting to drive my beast!
akp666 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 11:28   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Would the AC compressor clutch cause noise even with the AC turned OFF?

I've never tried that, but I will try it today and update you on this. However if the noise still comes with the AC OFF, do you know the source of the problem?
With the AC turned off, the pulley should run without contacting the clutch face. If the air gap is not adjusted properly during manufacture, the clutch will not disengage fully when AC is switched off and will keep rubbing against the metal face of the pulley. If a lubricant is sprayed in the location when engine is running, the noise will stop!
proton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 14:48   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Engine Noise Update:

The Engine noise is still not being resolved by my dealer even after escalating to Ford India MD and William Ford Junior in USA. All they are saying is that the Whistling noise coming from the engine at low RPM is operational noise and cannot removed.
I own a 2016 EcoBoost and off late, even my vehicle has started making this noise. Yet to take it to Ford and check whats wrong but its pretty distracting for sure.
Old 1st February 2019, 20:06   #739
BHPian

Hi everyone!

Yesterday while replacing the H1 bulbs in the headlight assembly of my EcoSport Titanium, i noticed that the left headlight is quite loose as compared to the right one. Upon closer inspection, the headlight mount which attaches the headlight to the front of the chassis was found broken in a clean straight line. I was wondering what exactly caused it, and would this be covered under warranty or insurance.

If not, should i get it replaced, or just get it fixed at a bumper repair guy? If I do get it replaced, does it make sense to get the HID headlights from the EcoSport S??

Last edited by ampere : 1st February 2019 at 22:06. Reason: Formatted post
Old 5th February 2019, 11:20   #740
BHPian

Need one help from fellow ES owners. Could you please let me know what's the optimum height for the low beam to be adjusted? I had raised the level up by adjusting the leveller but now I think it might be too high, hence the confusion.
Old 7th February 2019, 22:46   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Need one help from fellow ES owners. Could you please let me know what's the optimum height for the low beam to be adjusted? I had raised the level up by adjusting the leveller but now I think it might be too high, hence the confusion.
When you park your car about 25 ft from a flat wall, the low beam should be about two inches below a point on the wall that corresponds to the midpoint of the vertical dimensions of the headlamp.
The high beam should be at the same level as the aforementioned point.
Always adjust at zero position on the leveler.
DrAakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 19:56   #742
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I own a 2016 EcoBoost and off late, even my vehicle has started making this noise. Yet to take it to Ford and check whats wrong but its pretty distracting for sure.
Is this whistling noise ‘the alternator belt noise’? That is the noise which comes when the alternator belt becomes loose.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 21:55   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Is this whistling noise ‘the alternator belt noise’? That is the noise which comes when the alternator belt becomes loose.
Not sure about the source of it since I only hear it while driving the car between 1500 to 2000 rpm in second or third gear. Planning to get it checked soon.
Old 12th February 2019, 22:04   #744
BHPian

Got the wheel arch claddings fitted today on my race red EcoSport. Cost me 5990, a bit less then what Ford says on their site.
Comes as a set of 10 pieces, plus paper templates and a 3m primer. The claddings themselves have 3m tape on the backside, they're pasted after the primer is applied and dried.
Will post pics once i get the car cleaned, gotta keep it dry for 24 hrs after the pasting.
The claddings are thin pieces of rigid plastic, and they look well integrated with the existing bodywork. Pretty much nobody can tell that they're not fitted straight from the factory.
DrAakash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 08:19   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
Got the wheel arch claddings fitted today on my race red EcoSport.
Did you get it from a Ford dealership? What are the chances of it falling off as it's stuck on and not clamped.

Last edited by ampere : 13th February 2019 at 10:07. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 13th February 2019, 09:36   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Did you get it from a Ford dealership? What are the chances of it falling off as it's stuck on and not clamped.
Yeah, from the local Ford dealership. They didn't even know about this accessory, mine is the first car in the entire region to be fitted with it. Initially they told me that it would be bolted inside the wheel well, and that it would be removable. When I actually saw it i was a bit disappointed. But once it was fitted it was rock solid. Just make sure that they align the pieces well, according to the user manual that comes with it.

Last edited by ampere : 13th February 2019 at 10:08. Reason: formatted for readability
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 09:01   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra has started selling Ford cars, especially the Ecosport, as part of their alliance with Ford. They're also setting up service centers for Ford cars. This would boost EcoSport sales in tier 2 and 3 cities!

https://www.livemint.com/Auto/we2sTu...-alliance.html
Quoting myself. I wonder if the EcoSport sales jump from ~2k in Dec 2018 to ~4k in Jan 2019 has any contributions from Mahindra showrooms. Also, now with the launch of XUV300, will both these vehicles be showcased in the same Mahindra showroom? Will the sales advisors give priority to XUV300 and downplay the EcoSport or it won't matter to them as long as anything sells from the dealership?
Old 14th February 2019, 09:06   #748
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quoting myself. I wonder if the EcoSport sales jump from ~2k in Dec 2018 to ~4k in Jan 2019 has any contributions from Mahindra showrooms.
The sales numbers are factory dispatches, not retail sales to customers.

Considering the months you've mentioned: Dec and Jan, it is more likely that Ford curtailed the production in Dec to avoid a large of stock of December-manufactured vehicles as 2019 was right around the corner and the car would be "a year old" right on 1-Jan-19; eventually leading dealers to sell the cars at a much steeper discount.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 14:52   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The sales numbers are factory dispatches, not retail sales to customers.

Considering the months you've mentioned: Dec and Jan, it is more likely that Ford curtailed the production in Dec to avoid a large of stock of December-manufactured vehicles as 2019 was right around the corner and the car would be "a year old" right on 1-Jan-19; eventually leading dealers to sell the cars at a much steeper discount.
Agreed. I am aware of the points mentioned by you. Just curious if there is any way to know if any increase in the average sales of EcoSport is due to Mahindra showrooms. I guess Ford and Mahindra would have those numbers, as one important reason for Ford for this JV was to improve its reach in India.
Old 15th February 2019, 05:46   #750
BHPian

Ford has updated the Titanium and Titanium+ variants with the better instrument cluster of the Titanium S. Welcome move!

The current instrument cluster was an eye sore!
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-2017fordecosport11.jpg

Instrument cluster of Titanium S with better MID and chrome rings
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-2018fordecosports04.jpg

Updated brochure
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-sketch1550189005495.png
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (29) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks