Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2019, 15:53   #766
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Anyone knows how to disable the rear wiper? I sometimes mistakenly disturb its switch while moving the steering, and it starts wiping dry. Worse, I don't event come to know immediately. I found an option in the instrument cluster to disable it, but it didn't work. My model is Titanium + AT.
Same here. I've started the rear wiper lots of times especially when using the start/stop button. It's embarrassing when the rear occupants ask on a hot shiny day - why have you switch on the rear wipers
Old 18th February 2019, 12:06   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp666 View Post
Booked a Silver Titanium + Automatic Yesterday

Booked through Harpreet Ford (TSG Automobiles) Gurgaon. Tentative delivery by 15th Feb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
As per the latest brochure Titanium and Titanium+ have the same MID and chrome rings as the Titanium S. No increase in prices.
Got the car yesterday, and no number of test drives would have prepared me for what a car this is! Upgrading from an Igen I20, this was leagues ahead. Clocked about a 100 kms on the first day itself. Man am I smitten, can't wait for the working day to be over to drive it again. Driving in traffic was a breeze, the automatic is a boon, and now I know what I was missing out.

The ford dealership experience was fantastic, was out of the dealership with the car in an hour, which included a lengthy demonstration, phone pairing etc etc. They even set up all FM channels for me even before I reached the dealership. My handy Team BHP PDI guide helped as well I must have read the Official review 30 times by now, and was able to get acquainted with the car in 10 minutes. Hats off to the mods, the reviews here are really exhaustive. Named the car Jeremy (I have a habit of naming my cars after Pearl Jam songs/band members )

I visited their stockyard as well, sadly no new batches of the cars had the updated MID, neither was the dealership aware of this. Got the car as I was not ready to wait. Although the update would have been good, wasn't a dealbreaker for me.

Dealer: Harpreet Ford (TSG Automobiles) Sector 34 Gurgaon
Sales Manager: Mr. Mustafa Alam
Senior Sales manager: Mr. Pawan Kushwaha

PS: These guys were really patient with me all throughout. I had so many questions that I was borderline embarrassing myself
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190217_131008__01.jpg  

Last edited by akp666 : 18th February 2019 at 12:29.
akp666 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 12:18   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Driving in traffic was a breeze, the automatic is a boon, and now I know what I was missing out.

The ford dealership experience was fantastic

Sadly, i visited their stockyard as well, no new batches of the cars had the updated MID, neither was the dealership aware of this.
Congratulations and wishing many happy miles! Yes, the auto box is really good and such a life saver in dense traffic.

Its strange that the dealership is still not aware of this! Is yours a Feb manufactured car? Did the the stockyard have any Feb ones?

OT - If you feel the dealership experience was really good, I would suggest editing your post and include the name of the showroom and some commendation for the SA. We usually are quick to criticize but slow to praise.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 12:27   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations and wishing many happy miles! Yes, the auto box is really good and such a life saver in dense traffic.
............ We usually are quick to criticize but slow to praise.
Thanks man. Your's and other members' comments did help me finalise the Tit+ as well, and I am glad I did. I did visit their stockyard, saw about 20 freshly minted Ecosports there (I was there during the unloading of my vehicle as well), none of them had it. All were january manufactured models, so i guess the updated ones will be manufactured/dispatched after the 13th Feb's brochure update.

I did include the name of the dealership in my original post, but edited anyways

Last edited by akp666 : 18th February 2019 at 12:40.
akp666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 17:07   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its strange that the dealership is still not aware of this! Is yours a Feb manufactured car? Did the the stockyard have any Feb ones?
Most dealerships seem not to be aware of this fact. I checked with two of them in Bangalore and they were completely clueless. Not just that, I double checked with Ford customer care, and they were themselves very clear that there is no official word on the change in instrument clusters.

I suppose till the production of the updated cars begin, none of them will confirm this one way or the other.
Old 18th February 2019, 18:36   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Most dealerships seem not to be aware of this fact. I checked with two of them in Bangalore and they were completely clueless. Not just that, I double checked with Ford customer care, and they were themselves very clear that there is no official word on the change in instrument clusters.
Ford makes so many silent unannounced changes that even their dealers and customer care are not aware of it. The level of communication gap/delay between different levels is appalling!

I remember when the underseat storage tray had been removed from Titanium Plus. I had called the customer care to confirm and he said they never provided any storage tray from the beginning! When I mailed them the photograph of the tray from Team BHP official review, they came back saying it had been recently discontinued.

I do hope that this time they haven't repeated the brochure blunder they did during May last year. Suddenly one day a new brochure had been uploaded which said Android auto and Apple carplay available from Trend variant onwards! As usual nobody had any clue. Customer care said their website is under maintenance and after a day or two the older brochure had been reuploaded!

Anyways, this news has already been reported by many outlets, so I hope it does happen else will lead to embarassment for Ford wrt their organisational working. A brochure after all is public communication, its not like some internal email proposal was leaked!
Old 18th February 2019, 18:46   #772

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
What did he say? Can the cluster be replaced?
Does anybody have any information around this? Can the new instrument cluster be fitted in the older models?
Old 18th February 2019, 19:06   #773
Senior - BHPian

News relating to the updation of the instrument cluster is now on auto magazines as well. Apparently this is a response to the competition hotting up with the launch of the xuv300.
Link:. https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...cluster-411566
Old 19th February 2019, 10:37   #774
BHPian

Quick question guys. Did everyone get spare headlamp bulbs with their car? I didn't get any, and the SA says the practice has been stopped.
Old 19th February 2019, 10:50   #775
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quick question guys. Did everyone get spare headlamp bulbs with their car? I didn't get any, and the SA says the practice has been stopped.
We don't; it's been a while since most companies stopped giving those.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 11:46   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
We don't; it's been a while since most companies stopped giving those.
Damn what the hell! It used to be helpful. If any light conked off, just a quick change without hunting for shops, or just a visit to a local mechanic with the bulb to replace it!
Old 19th February 2019, 12:03   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question guys. Did everyone get spare headlamp bulbs with their car?
No, we don't get it now!

This has been replaced with a small dashboard cum leather cleaner along with a small cleaning cloth
Old 19th February 2019, 12:10   #778
BHPian

Spare headlight bulb was a practice in earlier age when shops or ASS were really hard to come by.

Now days plug n play stuff like bulb / wiper blades are really easy to find. Secondly rarely you may find your headlight bulb getting busted. Mainly due to good quality control & well sealed headlight assembly.

Last of all, if you really feel you need to carry one as spare, stop by a nearby shop and buy one. 60/55w H4 Hella is around Rs. 200, H7 or H11 types are little costly. You can use online shop like Amazon to order bulbs of Osram Night Breaker or Phillips Extreme vision.
Old 27th February 2019, 16:32   #779
BHPian

People with Sync3 system, has anyone been able to get any of the phone apps onboard with the system? My sales advisor said that it is not applicable in India, while the official review shows apps are available.
Old 27th February 2019, 21:28   #780
BHPian

Quote:
People with Sync3 system, has anyone been able to get any of the phone apps onboard with the system? My sales advisor said that it is not applicable in India, while the official review shows apps are available.
Ford Applink is both a hardware and software solution. For example with Fordconnect/Fordpass, you can start a car and heat it up in winter before you enter the car, maybe 30 minutes in advance. It requires a smart phone app as well as an OBD module with a 4g SIM card.

It's possible you need the full suite for the apps to work. The official review shows Spotify and Waze as the special Sync3 apps working with the India specific software suite. I sideloaded (ie., Not From official Goodle Play Store) Ford Alexa, and it works well with Amazon Music:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/ford-m...W__KqFZgRzXcwI

Last edited by proton : 27th February 2019 at 21:33.

Most Viewed