Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2019, 15:22   #781
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
For example with Fordconnect/Fordpass, you can start a car and heat it up in winter before you enter the car, maybe 30 minutes in advance. It requires a smart phone app as well as an OBD module with a 4g SIM card
Do you know where we can get the OBD module for Ford Pass?

What functions work without the OBD module?

Last edited by suku_patel_22 : 28th February 2019 at 15:23.
Old 1st March 2019, 11:43   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Do you know where we can get the OBD module for Ford Pass?

What functions work without the OBD module?
Wish I could help, but these things need time to find out and I only worked to get my music up and running.

I read about Connect on the US Ford website. Maybe the other info will be there as well. Google is your friend here!
proton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 00:29   #783
BHPian

Guys, need some help.

I scratched and dented the left bottom part of my ecosport while stupidly negotiating a very narrow parking spot. The scratch spans both the doors. Where should I go for fixing it? I have insurance from Digit. I stay in Pune, and my dealer is PPS Ford.
Old 2nd March 2019, 17:03   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Guys, need some help.

I scratched and dented the left bottom part of my ecosport while stupidly negotiating a very narrow parking spot. The scratch spans both the doors. Where should I go for fixing it? I have insurance from Digit. I stay in Pune, and my dealer is PPS Ford.
IMO, if the damage involves more than one panel, or any sheet metal is torn, you should avail the insurance benefits. I'd say you should stick to the insurance exclusively till you get the zero-dep cover.
Visit your FNG if the damage is really minor.
Old 2nd March 2019, 17:54   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
IMO, if the damage involves more than one panel, or any sheet metal is torn, you should avail the insurance benefits. I'd say you should stick to the insurance exclusively till you get the zero-dep cover.
Visit your FNG if the damage is really minor.
Thanks. Yes, I am going for insurance. My question is whether I should get it repaired at Ford Service, or at FNG.
Old 2nd March 2019, 18:41   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Thanks. Yes, I am going for insurance. My question is whether I should get it repaired at Ford Service, or at FNG.
Ford Service centre, definitely. Also press for a replacement of the involved panels, if the damage is more than cosmetic. I don't think they'd replace the running board though, if it's involved.. Neither is it recommended.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 17:27   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Most dealerships seem not to be aware of this fact. I checked with two of them in Bangalore and they were completely clueless. Not just that, I double checked with Ford customer care, and they were themselves very clear that there is no official word on the change in instrument clusters.

I suppose till the production of the updated cars begin, none of them will confirm this one way or the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinankur View Post
Does anybody have any information around this? Can the new instrument cluster be fitted in the older models?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
As per the latest brochure Titanium and Titanium+ have the same MID and chrome rings as the Titanium S. No increase in prices.

Nope. Only the Titanium S and Signature have it.
Got some info from the Ecosquads group in Facebook.

New batches of Feb make have started coming with the revised cluster.

No change in vehicle prices but if older models need to retrofit this cluster, it would cost around 14k INR plus labor.

This pic is of Titanium with the new cluster (Hint: Not-so-nice FLY Audio unit)

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20190227wa0001.jpg

Pic source: Ecosquads Facebook page
srinath34 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 09:06   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Got some info from the Ecosquads group in Facebook.
New batches of Feb make have started coming with the revised cluster.

[/b]
This definitely looks much better than the old instrument cluster. February 13th is the cut off date after which all Ecosports (Titanium and upwards) receive the new instrument cluster.

14,000 rupees is a really steep price for retrofitting the cluster on older vehicles though. Don't think it'll be worth it. On another note, dealerships in Bangalore are ready to offer additional discounts if one is willing to pick up their inventory with the older instrument cluster. The quantum of discount was not informed, but Im sure it can be negotiated to be a decent amount.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 20:00   #789
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This definitely looks much better than the old instrument cluster. February 13th is the cut off date after which all Ecosports (Titanium and upwards) receive the new instrument cluster.
Is this change restricted only to Petrol models? My colleague is buying a Diesel and the car which has been allocated to him ( Unloaded yesterday from the Truck) is without this and as per Dealer this change is not on Diesel.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th March 2019 at 23:00.
Old 6th March 2019, 20:43   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Is this change restricted only to Petrol models? My colleague is buying a Diesel and the car which has been allocated to him ( Unloaded yesterday from the Truck) is without this and as per Dealer this change is not on Petrol.
No, the updated instrument cluster is most certainly present on both petrol and Diesel versions. I have personally verified this from Ford dealership in Bangalore. So ask your colleague to specifically request allotment of the updated car.

If he is ok with the older cluster, ask the dealership for discount - as I had mentioned earlier, Bangalore dealers are providing additional discount if you are willing to go for vehicles without the updated cluster.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 10:16   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
No change in vehicle prices but if older models need to retrofit this cluster, it would cost around 14k INR plus labor.
Is this updated MID available as an accessory at all dealerships? I don't see it being listed as an official accessory on Ford website. I went to JSP Ford, Hosur Road a couple of days back to buy wheel arch's for my Ecosport, the SA there hasn't got any information regarding this. They probably may not even be aware of this update unless someone shows them the latest brochure.
Old 7th March 2019, 10:24   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
I went to JSP Ford, Hosur Road a couple of days back to buy wheel arch's for my Ecosport, the SA there hasn't got any information regarding this. They probably may not even be aware of this update unless someone shows them the latest brochure.
I am not sure which sales advisor you spoke to, but i have been speaking to one Mr. Ram, SA at JSP Ford Hosur, who is very well aware of this updated cluster. Not just that, he also assured me that they have already received stock of vehicles with this update.

However, I have not enquired about the ability to retrofit this on older vehicles.

I have a feeling that most dealerships will try to push sales of the non-updated vehicles, because any customer in the know will prefer to get the updated vehicle. Especially given the fact that the update introduces no increase in pricing, and that the instrument cluster was one of the major eyesores in the Ecosport hitherto. Hence, sales advisors may have been asked to keep quiet and try and clear their inventory of cars without the updated cluster first - especially to customers who are not aware of this silently introduced update.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 20:43   #793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No, the updated instrument cluster is most certainly present on both petrol and Diesel versions.
Turn's out that the allocated vehicle is indeed fitted with the new instrument cluster
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190307-3.47.01-pm.jpeg  

Turbanator is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:14   #794
BHPian

Am on the lookout to upgrade from my Figo.
My requirement is Automatic transmission with as many features as possible. Six airbags would be preferable but cabin space is also important and don't want to exceed spending 15L but can stretch a bit maybe.
I would appreciate fellow BHPians views on the choices between Ford Ecosport Titanium+ 1.5 AT, Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDI+ AGS, Nexon XZA+ AMT, Renault Duster RXS CVT, Hyundai Creta 1.5 SX AT.
As of now, Ecosport is on the top of my list but am concerned about the mileage figures i read here and also about the cabin space (especially for rear passengers).
Old 8th March 2019, 20:32   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Black unlock button is conveniently placed. I like the shifter's styling:
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-2017fordecosport14.jpg
Feels stupid to ask this question after owning the EcoSport for months now. Noticed this button on the gear lever of my Trend Plus AT. Any idea what's it for?
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190308_0804220101.jpeg

On clicking, it shows this icon on the display. Looks like a hill descent symbol. But I don't find hill descent control anywhere in the manual, nor is this symbol explained in the manual.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190308_0823570201.jpeg

Also, this button seems to be missing in the Titanium Plus AT gear lever from the photo of the official review.

Most Viewed