Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2019, 21:41   #796
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Also, this button seems to be missing in the Titanium Plus AT gear lever from the photo of the official review.
That is the L mode. It will limit the car to first and second gear only. It will help you to control the speed while descending.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 00:12   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
Am on the lookout to upgrade from my Figo.
My requirement is Automatic transmission with as many features as possible. Six airbags would be preferable but cabin space is also important and don't want to exceed spending 15L but can stretch a bit maybe.
I would appreciate fellow BHPians views on the choices between Ford Ecosport Titanium+ 1.5 AT, Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDI+ AGS, Nexon XZA+ AMT, Renault Duster RXS CVT, Hyundai Creta 1.5 SX AT.
As of now, Ecosport is on the top of my list but am concerned about the mileage figures i read here and also about the cabin space (especially for rear passengers).
Ecosport AT: With good driving, I am getting 10+ in city traffic. But yes, space is less. Not just rear, but front too. Thigh support is very good for bith front and rear, but width is less. The side bolstering on seats pushes the thighs, even for a skinny guy like me. I think It's also the heaviest car under 4.3m. That affects the pickup.

Brezza: I don't remember the space. I rejected this due to low thigh support for the front seats. Being a diesel, this should give pretty good mileage.

Nexon: Somehow didn't appeal to me, neither from outside nor inside. It looks small to me from outside, like a swift. Inside, I didn't like the design of seats.

Duster CVT: Pretty cheap for a big car with CVT. Super sluggish performance. Also low on safety. Low on features and interior quality.

Creta: Out of budget, Didn't try. For over 15L, it had too little features compared to Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
That is the L mode. It will limit the car to first and second gear only. It will help you to control the speed while descending.
Any idea why the Titanium+ doesn't get it?
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 04:33   #798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
T+ has manual mode to downshift as necessary (usable via paddle shifters) in hill descent conditions.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 07:48   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Titanium+ has sport mode and paddle shifts to control the gearing, thus, it's not needed.

In Trend+, as there is no sport mode, you wouldn't be able to control the speed while doing downslope. This is the reason, the L mode is in Trend+
Old 11th March 2019, 18:41   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Is this updated MID available as an accessory at all dealerships? I don't see it being listed as an official accessory on Ford website. I went to JSP Ford, Hosur Road a couple of days back to buy wheel arch's for my Ecosport, the SA there hasn't got any information regarding this. They probably may not even be aware of this update unless someone shows them the latest brochure.
This is not part of an official accessory from Ford. It needs to be ordered at the service centre if one needs to change from the boring old cluster.

The price was quoted by one of the service centres in Bangalore. I got to know via a Whatsapp group.
Old 17th March 2019, 03:17   #801
BHPian

You win some, you lose some. Atleast that's what Ford thinks. After adding the new instrument cluster, Ford has now deleted the Cargo Area Management - Flat Bed Seats from the Titanium + and S variants.

Instead, you just have the tumble down seats now but thankfully, they haven't deleted the adjustable boot floor. I guess it's just a matter of time before they do that too.
tp_dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 12:22   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
Ford Service centre, definitely. Also press for a replacement of the involved panels, if the damage is more than cosmetic. I don't think they'd replace the running board though, if it's involved.. Neither is it recommended.
Got the car repaired at Talera ford service center, Wagholi, Pune. Took 3 days. No problems with the cheap insurance I bought from Go Digit. Total bill was 20k, I had to pay 1600 with comprehensive insurance.
Old 17th March 2019, 13:00   #803
BHPian

Quote:
No problems with the cheap insurance I bought from Go Digit. Total bill was 20k, I had to pay 1600 with comprehensive insurance.
Glad to hear that. The Ford guys where i live push very hard for Iffco Tokio cuz they share a good rapport with them. One of my headlight mounts broke somehow, and it's beyond anyone's understanding how that happened. After a lot of haggling with the Ford customer care they agreed to replace the headlight under insurance cover, only cuz this particular dealership has its way with the Iffco Tokio guys.
Old 17th March 2019, 18:24   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
Glad to hear that. The Ford guys where i live push very hard for Iffco Tokio cuz they share a good rapport with them. One of my headlight mounts broke somehow, and it's beyond anyone's understanding how that happened. After a lot of haggling with the Ford customer care they agreed to replace the headlight under insurance cover, only cuz this particular dealership has its way with the Iffco Tokio guys.
Doesn't the approval depend on the insurer? In my case, I had initiated the claim myself, before giving the car for repair. I had got initial approval as well. Even if the service center said no to repair under insurance, I had the option to directly get the payment in my account from go digit, and pay the service center.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 12:02   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't the approval depend on the insurer?
It does. But pretty much throughout Haryana, across all the service stations, there's a liaison between you and the insurance provider. That's the guy you gotta deal with here, and be on good terms with. I know guys who have wrecked their vehicles on purpose just to claim the insurance money.
Old 18th March 2019, 16:52   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
You win some, you lose some. Atleast that's what Ford thinks. After adding the new instrument cluster, Ford has now deleted the Cargo Area Management - Flat Bed Seats from the Titanium + and S variants.

Instead, you just have the tumble down seats now but thankfully, they haven't deleted the adjustable boot floor. I guess it's just a matter of time before they do that too.
The deleted it before they gave the new instrument cluster!
Got a Jan 2019 manufactured vehicle, old instrument cluster and only tumble seats. I was on the cusp of the new variants trickling down to customers and ended up only getting the short end of the stick
akp666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 17:04   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp666 View Post
Indeed!

I was informed by SA regarding deletion of the flat bed configuration in November for the S variant. I did not post that information as I couldn't find a reliable source. However, he was absolutely right. I got it in my car as it was manufactured in the September.

Also, SA mentioned about change in roof rails colour. He had shown me S variant in the silver colour which had silver roof rails. However, I have got the black one with the same colour shade. I do not know whether Ford has continued to provide silver roof rails.

Happy Motoring!

Last edited by RedStallion : 18th March 2019 at 17:33.
Old 18th March 2019, 17:20   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStallion View Post
Indeed!

I was informed by SA regarding deletion of the flat bed configuration in S variant, in the November last year. I didn't post as I couldn't find the reliable source.
Mine is a Titanium+. Silver roof rails

Last edited by SDP : 18th March 2019 at 19:05. Reason: Please use full forms of variants. Tit+ changed to Titanium+
Old 18th March 2019, 19:00   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
What is this feature of flat bed seats? I have a April 2018 manufactured Titanium+ AT. Not sure if I have it.
Old 18th March 2019, 19:30   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp666 View Post
Got a Jan 2019 manufactured vehicle, old instrument cluster and only tumble seats. I was on the cusp of the new variants trickling down to customers and ended up only getting the short end of the stick
This constant addition and deletion of the features is really frustrating. I feel there are more deletions than additions. I have booked a 'S' variant so will update about the roof rails too after it gets delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
What is this feature of flat bed seats? I have a April 2018 manufactured Titanium+ AT. Not sure if I have it.
You would surely be having it in your car. Just check for a pull handle at the seat base of your rear seat. This will bring the seat base up and then you can fold the seat back to have a perfectly flat boot floor.
tp_dominator is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks