Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2019, 16:10   #841
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Can we install TPMS on models without one?
There is no provision from Ford to install TPMS in lower models of EcoSport. Though one can get it installed in spare tyre, in case he/she wants to use all 5 tires during wheel rotation.
Old 1st April 2019, 21:25   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
Yes, petrol automatic titanium+.
Same here. Also in Pune.

Which petrol do you use? I mostly fill Shell (Regular), and I *feel* that it gives better FE than others. Would like to know if others have tried the same.
Old 1st April 2019, 21:48   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. Also in Pune.

Which petrol do you use? I mostly fill Shell (Regular), and I *feel* that it gives better FE than others. Would like to know if others have tried the same.
Regular non premium petrol from any pump that happens to be on my route when the needle is at 10-25%. I've filled it to tank full and stopped filling when the nozzle auto stops every time.
Old 2nd April 2019, 00:03   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Visited Rudra Ford in the afternoon today to have the wheel arc cladding (they call it eyebrows ) installed.
The wheel arch cladding really look good, especially in a blue Ecosport. More importantly it looks like an OEM part, fits really flush. May I ask how much do they cost? If possible, can you take a photo from a bit far away, so that the whole side profile comes in one photo. I am seriously thinking of getting these fitted in our 2016 Ecosport, only thing is that the cladding might become unnoticeable in our Grey Ecosport .

Last edited by chiranjitp : 2nd April 2019 at 00:07.
Old 2nd April 2019, 06:56   #845
BHPian

Quote:
You just need to reset TPMS and the sensors will get picked up automatically.
Resetting of TPMS use to help only when you deflate the tyre completely and inflate it again, without any change in tyre position (i.e. no rotation).

But in case of a rotation, sensors (TPMS) calibrations is required. For example, earlier the wheel which was on driver side and showing the pressure at FR (Front Right) position in MID. Now during rotation if it moves to RR (Rear Right), still MID will be showing its air pressure reading at FR because it was mapped to FR position, but actually it should show at RR. Hence the calibration is required.

Ford has provided required devices to its workshops to do the mapping of each TPMS with its new position, after rotation. Unfortunately many owners are not aware of this, as most of the workshop use to avoid this proper calibration process, just to save their time. They simply tells customers that only TPMS resetting is required.

I will post the whole process of re-calibration of TPMS with pictures, once I go to my workshop in near future.
nkumarblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 08:39   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumarblr View Post
But in case of a rotation, sensors (TPMS) calibrations is required...

I thought the same, but recently when I did tyre rotation and performed the reset, it picked up the new positions correctly. I have verified this with an external tyre pressure gauge. The pressures match the TPMS reading.

Request other owners to also give their feedback on this.
Old 2nd April 2019, 09:02   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
The wheel arch cladding really look good, especially in a blue Ecosport. May I ask how much do they cost?
I bought wheel arches for our 2018 Blue EcoSport two weeks back. It was installed in less than 30 mins and it looks like factory fit. It cost me 6500/- including taxes (Bangalore) and labour.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 10:13   #848
Senior - BHPian

Did anybody get a chance to check out the new 9" system on trend+ variant? Navigation system performance?

And is the new instrument cluster(with chrome borders on speedo & tacho) available only on titanium onwards or is it available in trend+ as well?
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:05   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
And is the new instrument cluster(with chrome borders on speedo & tacho) available only on titanium onwards or is it available in trend+ as well?
It is available only on Titanium variant onwards, not variants below that. More precisely, on those cars which are manufactured from February 13, 2019 onwards.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 2nd April 2019 at 11:27.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:16   #850
BHPian

Quote:
I am seriously thinking of getting these fitted in our 2016 Ecosport...
These wheel arc cladding are designed for facelift EcoSport only and I really doubt, if these would fit on 2016 EcoSport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Please check my earlier post (#828). The new cluster will be available in Titanium, Titanium+ and Signature along with S trim for Petrol and Diesel both models.
nkumarblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 13:01   #851
BHPian

Quote:
May I ask how much do they cost? If possible, can you take a photo from a bit far away, so that the whole side profile comes in one photo.
It was 5,990 for me in Mumbai. Here is the side profile
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190402_090441.jpg
suku_patel_22 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 00:06   #852
BHPian

Question about Sync3/Android Auto: I like to turn off the engine at long signals. But that makes my phone disconnect from Sync3. I need to remove and re-insert the usb cable. Anyone else facing this problem? Any solution?
Old 3rd April 2019, 07:49   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Question about Sync3/Android Auto: I like to turn off the engine at long signals. But that makes my phone disconnect from Sync3. I need to remove and re-insert the usb cable. Anyone else facing this problem? Any solution?
Turning off the car at signals should not cause the HU to shut down unless you open the door.

If you keep the key in ACC position, music system and AC should continue to run even if doors are opened.

Last edited by suku_patel_22 : 3rd April 2019 at 07:51.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:19   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Hi pseudo_coder, can you please elaborate your issue in detail? While you turn off your engine, the complete phone use to get disconnected or only AA (Android Auto)? Did you try to replicate this issue with any other mobile or other USB cables with same phone? Do you have latest SYNC software version installed for your ICE?
Old 3rd April 2019, 18:27   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Turning off the car at signals should not cause the HU to shut down unless you open the door.

If you keep the key in ACC position, music system and AC should continue to run even if doors are opened.
The car has start/stop button. The HU doesn't shut down immediately. It's after a while, maybe half or 1 minute. If I interact with the HU, it stays on.

Most Viewed