Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2019, 17:39   #871
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp666 View Post
Should have mentioned that. I have a Titanium+ AT. So while descending, put it on S mode and use the paddle shifts. For ascending, the same? or D mode?
Thumb rule (adjust as necessary in actual conditions) is an incline should usually be taken in the same gear both ways.

Enough power for ascending (so you don't lug your motor or lose momentum mid-incline), enough engine braking for descending (so you don't cook your brakes).
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 08:18   #872
BHPian

The titanium variant now comes with the pre-facelift black edition alloy wheels since last month. Received the information and pictures from an EcoSquad member.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-fb_img_1554777790301.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-fb_img_1554777785698.jpg  

jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 16:00   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
The titanium variant now comes with the pre-facelift black edition alloy wheels since last month. Received the information and pictures from an EcoSquad member.
"Team AutoTrend" confirmed the same by one YouTube video. In video they shown race red colored Titanium facelift EcoSports parked in a dealer stockyard with pre-facelift black alloy wheels.

Looks like Ford spotted a warehouse full of old alloys during March closing.

Last edited by nkumarblr : 9th April 2019 at 16:16. Reason: punctuation
nkumarblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 16:19   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumarblr View Post
Looks like Ford spotted a warehouse full of old alloys during March closing.
They should have done this earlier itself.

Any idea if there are any other changes than the black alloys? With the frequent addition/deletion of features from EcoSport, Ford is confusing us a lot.
Old 9th April 2019, 16:48   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSuz View Post
They should have done this earlier itself.
Any idea if there are any other changes than the black alloys? With the frequent addition/deletion of features from EcoSport, Ford is confusing us a lot.
Seems, Ford is the only car manufacturer to provide 6 types of alloys on 3 variants of EcoSport. I just called my Showroom/A.S.S. to know if there are any other changes introduced along with this alloy change, but they do not have any more information at present, other than this alloy change.

I read Maruti Suzuki (MS) has cut production by ~21% in March, probably this explains why Ford is using old inventory, as we all know inventory liquidation can improve profits.

Last edited by nkumarblr : 9th April 2019 at 16:56. Reason: Typo
nkumarblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 19:35   #876
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
....probably this explains why Ford is using old inventory, as we all know inventory liquidation can improve profits.
While inquiring for Figo/Freestyle, two separate Ford dealers in Bangalore have told me today Ford is holding off manufacturing specific model/variant combinations until existing inventory is cleared out. Automatics seem to be worst hit. Not be be believed at face value, as dealers are notorious for making absurd claims to sell existing stock, but that appears to be the case.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th April 2019 at 19:36.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 22:19   #877
BHPian

Ford likely to end independent India business with new Mahindra deal - sources

https://in.reuters.com/article/us-fo...-idINKCN1RL1SH
achilles101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 22:28   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Seems, Ford is the only car manufacturer to provide 6 types of alloys on 3 variants of EcoSport. I just called my Showroom/A.S.S. to know if there are any other changes introduced along with this alloy change, but they do not have any more information at present, other than this alloy change.
People shy away from EcoSport because of Ford's nature of adding or deleting a feature every month or two which is not good for EcoSport as a brand pulling car. I'm not surprised by the dealers knowing about any changes because most of the dealers are informed about the changes in the last moment or if a curious customer asks any questions, they are clueless.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 02:20   #879
BHPian

Question about D and S modes in Ecosport AT:

I always drive in D mode for the sake of FE. After last tank full, I decided to give S mode a try. My observation is that the pickup is noticeably better, even before gear upshift. This is surprising for me, as I thought that the S mode merely delays the upshift. Anyone else observed the same?

Also, many times the shift from 1st to 2nd is too delayed in S mode. RPM hits 5k! An up arrow appears on the instrument cluster to tell me that upshift is required. I was like - you are an AT car, why are you telling ME to upshift?
Is this normal? If not, can it be fixed?
Old 10th April 2019, 05:37   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Question about D and S modes in Ecosport AT:
Is this normal? If not, can it be fixed?
While I cannot answer for the EcoSport in particular, yes, this behaviour is normal for automatics.

1. The greater "pickup" you feel is due to the fact that S doesn't only hold gears longer, it sharpens throttle response as well (basically does more and more as you climb up into the luxury car area).

2. The upshift actually happens later or early depending on your throttle input - if you've mashed the throttle, it may be delayed to 5k as the box interprets that you need rapid acceleration - when it tells you to upshift, it has a point, even though it has a mind of its own. Simply lift off the throttle and it'll upshift. Basically, you can control gearshifts in an A/T without manual mode (or one you haven't put into manual mode, for that matter) with your throttle inputs.
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 13:15   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
Ford likely to end independent India business with new Mahindra deal - sources

https://in.reuters.com/article/us-fo...-idINKCN1RL1SH
Here is the dedicated thread, from Team-Bhp itself, for discussions around this topic.
[Link]
Old 13th April 2019, 18:06   #882
BHPian

Today I went to the Ford dealership to checkout my car. It was parked in the godown. My SA was busy in deliveries so had to wait inside showroom. After few minutes I was already getting bored. So I checked out one grey Ecosport and noticed grey color on handle that is placed on the dashboard. I have never seen it other than in signature and S edition. Ignored it. It also had those black alloys Ford has offered in 1000 units of Ecosport. Now when I went in the godown, my car was covered in dust. SA said it was because the car was standing outside for few days. I checked carefully for any scratches and dents and everything was fine. However I didn't notice the brown color handle. Somehow I missed it. But since I've taken pictures of the car, I noticed it after reaching home.

My Ecosport is white. I'm supposed to take delivery on the Wednesday or Thursday. It had regular 16 inches alloys and not those black ones. It also has the updated MID which looks much better. After decoding the VIN as per a post on Team-bhp, my car is manufactured in February and I'd booked it on 31 March. But when I went to Etis.ford, it shows: Ecosport-2013 Diamond White No.2. Now, my questions: Does Ford gives such different colored handles randomly on any car or they've started doing it recently? And, which could be the actual date of manufacture? Attaching some pictures for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190413_172758.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190413_175847.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190413_175937.jpg  

Old 14th April 2019, 10:05   #883
BHPian

Bought these window sunshades for ₹1022 from Autofurnish. These are custom fit, non-magnetic and non-zippered. Total 4 pieces for front and rear windows. Fit is really good and almost perfect. Slides between the window glass and the inner frame of the door and stays steady when moving the window glass up/down or when opening/closing the door. Front ones are designed to leave some space at the front for transactions (parking ticket, toll receipts, office ID card swap etc). Quality and finish of the sunshades looks good. My only usage for these would be during highway trips in summer, so for that purpose these seem more than adequate. These would also be fine for someone looking for daily usage IMO. Link and photos below -

https://www.autofurnish.com/custom-f...rts-2017-4-pcs

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190414_07063201.jpeg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190414_07043001.jpeg
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 21:27   #884
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Bought these window sunshades for ₹1022 from Autofurnish. These are custom fit, non-magnetic and non-zippered. Total 4 pieces for front and rear windows.
Can you please post a few more photos? How do you fit and remove this?
Old 15th April 2019, 22:01   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Can you please post a few more photos? How do you fit and remove this?
I pushed the lower edge of the sunshade between the glass and the inner portion of the window frame. Then bent the upper edge and pushed it in place just like lower edge. Reverse process for removing the shades. Will try to post some more photos, here's a short clip of rolling the windows up and down with the shades on.

FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks