Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2019, 22:28   #886
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Now, my questions: Does Ford gives such different colored handles randomly on any car or they've started doing it recently? And, which could be the actual date of manufacture? Attaching some pictures for reference:

Not really answering your questions here, but I wouldn’t be surprised to know Ford has again changed something with this car. From the picture, I really like the color though - I’d choose this over the Blue / Orange from Signature and S variants.
Speaking of which, heard on a facebook group that Ford has now stopped producing the Signature variant. Did you happen to ask your SA?
Old 18th April 2019, 01:05   #887
BHPian

In the new instrument cluster, can we store more than one trip? In the older setup, I can store only 1 trip, which is not sufficient at all. My 5 year old Wagon R had 2! I want to use one trip for tank full to tank full, and one for every journey.
Old 18th April 2019, 08:17   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
In the new instrument cluster, can we store more than one trip? In the older setup, I can store only 1 trip, which is not sufficient at all. My 5 year old Wagon R had 2! I want to use one trip for tank full to tank full, and one for every journey.
We have two trip metres and one more called "Fuel Economy". All of them can be reset individually.

I use
  • Trip 1: For service intervals
  • Trip 2: For tank to tank
  • Fuel Economy: For each trip

Last edited by suku_patel_22 : 18th April 2019 at 08:19.
Old 18th April 2019, 15:00   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
We have two trip metres and one more called "Fuel Economy". All of them can be reset individually.

I use
  • Trip 1: For service intervals
  • Trip 2: For tank to tank
  • Fuel Economy: For each trip
Cool! Is this in the new instrument cluster?
Old 18th April 2019, 16:39   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Cool! Is this in the new instrument cluster?
No, this is in the old instrument cluster. There was a instrument cluster update in April which added the third trip. It has always had the standard two trips.
Old 18th April 2019, 17:00   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, this is in the old instrument cluster. There was a instrument cluster update in April which added the third trip. It has always had the standard two trips.

I have the S and the cluster has only 2 trips.
Old 19th April 2019, 00:01   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Oh. Mine is Aug 2018 made (Titanium + AT). Anyone else with thia model has more than one trip meter? Can a software update help me?
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 00:26   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Oh. Mine is Aug 2018 made (Titanium + AT). Anyone else with thia model has more than one trip meter? Can a software update help me?
We have a May'18 manufactured, Titanium+ (TDCi), there have always been two trip meters. To change which trip should be displayed can be done through the settings (a bit cumbersome, yes).

Quote:
Settings that can be altered include the brightness of the cluster, language and the units of measurement (Celsius / Fahrenheit, miles / km, etc). One can toggle between the two trip meters and choose what data should be displayed from the ones mentioned in the previous image.
Please refer to this official Team-BHP image :-

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-2017fordecosport14.jpg

The bottom left part shows how to select the second trip comp.

Last edited by SmartCat : 19th April 2019 at 12:27. Reason: Fixed image
Old 19th April 2019, 01:04   #894
BHPian

Had an unpleasant surprise today at the showroom noting how bad the rear seats fold now. The base of the seat is fixed and the seatback just rests on the base at an angle, with a spongy feel.

Why on earth did Ford screw up the flat bed option? Worse, they still boast of cargo management/flat bed on their website and brochures. Very disappointing.
Glass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 11:01   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Had an unpleasant surprise today at the showroom noting how bad the rear seats fold now. The base of the seat is fixed and the seatback just rests on the base at an angle, with a spongy feel.

Why on earth did Ford screw up the flat bed option? Worse, they still boast of cargo management/flat bed on their website and brochures. Very disappointing.
Cargo Management is still there on Titanium + but Ford has discontinued the Flat Bed option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Today I went to the Ford dealership to checkout my car. It was parked in the godown. My SA was busy in deliveries so had to wait inside showroom. After few minutes I was already getting bored. So I checked out one grey Ecosport and noticed grey color on handle that is placed on the dashboard. I have never seen it other than in signature and S edition. Ignored it. It also had those black alloys Ford has offered in 1000 units of Ecosport. Now when I went in the godown, my car was covered in dust. SA said it was because the car was standing outside for few days. I checked carefully for any scratches and dents and everything was fine. However I didn't notice the brown color handle. Somehow I missed it. But since I've taken pictures of the car, I noticed it after reaching home.
The Titanium + i took delivery in March also had this gun metal grey inserts in the dash. I liked them and felt it looks better than the silver ones.
Old 19th April 2019, 22:18   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
Cargo Management is still there on Titanium + but Ford has discontinued the Flat Bed option.
This is what Ford India site and brochure say even today.
I thought cargo area management and flat bed are just the same thing - I can't imagine what else can be cargo area management?

Old 19th April 2019, 22:36   #897
BANNED

Quote:
I can't imagine what else can be cargo area management?
I feel cargo area management is nothing but a height adjustable cargo boot floor, which can help reduce the load lip of the boot. I may be wrong here, but I can’t think of anything else at this point of time.
Old 20th April 2019, 23:26   #898
BHPian

Quote:

Yeah, figured out this after I got my car. Mine is Ecosport S (Nov 2018 model). They've removed this from all S variants. Not sure if that's the same on Titanium+ variants as well. Also, this change is not listed anywhere on Ford website or the brochure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
The Titanium + i took delivery in March also had this gun metal grey inserts in the dash. I liked them and felt it looks better than the silver ones.
I wish they had this Gun Metal inserts on S variants as well. Don't like the Orange ones on my RedFox.
Old 21st April 2019, 00:12   #899
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Had an unpleasant surprise today at the showroom noting how bad the rear seats fold now. The base of the seat is fixed and the seatback just rests on the base at an angle, with a spongy feel....
The SA I was dealing with at a Bangalore dealer had a similar story to narrate.

Given the feature deletion spree a lot of manufacturers are on (and lack of clear communication), T-BHP PDI checklist should have the point 'check if all features of your variant of choice are the same as the demo car'.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 01:47   #900
BHPian

The interesting thing is that I called Ford customercare and they vouched the flat bed option is very much there and wanted me to raise a complaint on the dealer for misinformation. So much for their outdated brochures.

I enquired with the dealer if they can get a car fitted with the flat bed seats and no, there is no such option.

I notice the brochure still says speed sensing door locks, that I think has disappeared too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks