Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2019, 11:44   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
The interesting thing is that I called Ford customercare and they vouched the flat bed option is very much there and wanted me to raise a complaint on the dealer for misinformation.
Speed sensing door locks removed? When? That's horrible if true. This a a feature even most basic card should have as standard. My 6 month old Tit+ has this.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd April 2019 at 06:42. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 21st April 2019, 13:20   #902
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Can't find a reference where I found this, but the good news is that I called the dealer just now and he confirms speed sensing locks are still there.
Old 21st April 2019, 14:40   #903
BHPian

Many Ford cars being broken into through the lock, in South Africa. Though this news is specific to South Africa and no where EcoSport is mentioned in the article or in the FB page, still I would like to understand from fellow BHPians, if there is something for us (Indian EcoSport owners) to worry.

Last edited by nkumarblr : 21st April 2019 at 14:43.
nkumarblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 15:55   #904
Senior - BHPian

The speed-sensing feature of door locks can be disabled. I think this could be the reason behind this confusion.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 01:21   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Can't find a reference where I found this, but the good news is that I called the dealer just now and he confirms speed sensing locks are still there.
Speed sensing locks are present.
Flat bed option is removed through.
tp_dominator had mentioned this in his post:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4560358 (2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
You win some, you lose some. Atleast that's what Ford thinks. After adding the new instrument cluster, Ford has now deleted the Cargo Area Management - Flat Bed Seats from the Titanium + and S variants.

Instead, you just have the tumble down seats now but thankfully, they haven't deleted the adjustable boot floor. I guess it's just a matter of time before they do that too.
achilles101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:56   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
We have two trip metres and one more called "Fuel Economy". All of them can be reset individually.
Fuel economy shows the average fuel consumed in both the trips and it does not have a third trip meter.

Last edited by ampere : 4th May 2019 at 00:29. Reason: trimmed quoted post
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 12:56   #907

I booked my Ecosport from Satyam Ford Thane in February 2018, and had to muscle it out of Chennai Plant myself after a painful and tiresome follow-up with minimal support from the dealership. I was told that the Lightning Blue model was not available in the Ambiente variant (after the booking amount was paid). When I finally received my car in June 2018, it came fitted with rear parking sensors, which are not usually a part of the Ambiente variant. Has anyone else had a pleasant surprise like this?
(Note: I just joined TeamBHP, hence a bit of a late post!)
shashank21090 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 12:12   #908
BHPian

Few months back in 2018 my parked ES Titanium+ was hit by a reversing truck at the front side. The damage was so much that the insurance bill was for 69k. The windshield was also among the damages as some jelly stones had fallen from the truck on to the windshield causing a big crack in it. Decided to claim the insurance and took the vehicle for repair to Metro Ford Lingrajpuram, Bangalore which sent the vehicle to Metro Ford, Hessarghatta branch. I had also advised to do the due service.

I took back the car from Metro Ford Lingarajpuram after 5-6 days. Everything looked fine and I was happy to see my car in its original beauty once again. It was all fine except one fact that HDFC Ergo surveyors negligence caused me to pay Rs 500/- from my pocket for a part which was damaged in the accident and should have been ideally covered in the insurance!

However after reaching home I noticed that the new bonnett was not sitting properly as there was more gap at one side. I went back to Metro Ford and advised to fix the gap. It was late on saturday evening, they tried hard but they could not do fix the gap issue. Lastly they advised to take my car to Hessarghatta branch next day (sunday). I went to hessarghatta branch next day, they fixed the gap issue in some time.

It staryed drizzling and then raining on my way back to home. I suddenly realized that my rain sensing wiper was not working. I called the service advisor immediately from the car itself and advised him about the issue and asked him if everything was done properly. He said everything was done correctly however may be I have not enabled the feature properly and hence its not working. I insisted and explained him how the rain sensing wiper used to work earlier. He said, "sir I will fix it when you are in bangalore next time" as I had to head to hyderabad on sunday evening to catch my office on monday. [My office is in hyderabad and often I travel to bangalore and back to hyderabad over alternate weekends as my family is still in bangalore]. I agreed for this only to forget to get this issue rectified.

Early this weekend I gave my car for another due service at Fortune Ford, Hyderabad and I had given the complaint to fix the rain sensing wiper. When they were delivering the car back to me then they explained that everything is fine wih the rain sensing sensor but a film which sits between the sensor (which does the wonder) and windshield is missing and then they told me that its not a manufacturing defect. Then, O dear !, I understood the entire story and what Hessarghatta Metro Ford had missed to do while replacing the windshield. Thos was a major blunder from their part. I asked about the cost of the film/sensor to the fortune ford guy. He said I will have to shell out approximately Rs 5500/- for the sensor and the film does not come separarely. This was a bomb ! for a mistake or negligence of Hessarghatta Metro Ford then lead to a situation now wherein I have to paying Rs 5500/- to get the rain sensin wiper fixed. The Hessarghatta branch service guy did not tell me the truth as to why the rain sensing wiper was not working when it rained on the day I took my vehicle back from them. Infact I feel like cheated by them as they hid their misdeed.

I am not sure how to approach Hessarghatta Metro Ford now as it has been months now. I am busy in travelling to bangalore and back over weekends and due to lack of time I could not go to them to follow up on this with them.

Need help and guidance as to how do I approach Hessarghatta Metro Ford:

- Should I talk to Hessarghatta Metro Ford (chances are they may not hear me citing the gap of months)?
or
- Should I lodge a formal complaint with Ford India ?

Not sure what will work and may be I will end up bearing the cost of fixing rain sensing wiper for no mistake of mine.

Any help/guidance on the above issue will be appreciated.

Note: Sincere apologies for the long post.

Regards,
Anupam

Last edited by Anupam1024 : 28th April 2019 at 12:37.
Anupam1024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 12:29   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
- Should I talk to Hessarghatta Metro Ford (chances are they may not hear me citing the gap of months)?
or
- Should I lodge a formal complaint with Ford India ?
Talk to the GM of the services department first, at the A.S.S. where your car was repaired.
If they fail to accept their mistakes, raise your concern with the Ford India customer care. They helped me to get my headlight replaced, which had a broken mounting (no idea how and why it broke). The local service centre was hell bent on classifying it as a normal wear and tear case or a user negligence issue. Ultimately the customer care instructed the service centre to get it replaced under insurance. I just had to pay the file changes ~₹1000.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 13:26   #910
BHPian

I guess the sensor comes attached to the windshield. Normal non rain sensing windshields are cheaper and rain sensing windshield with the sensor attached comes at around 18k. I guess the service centre fixed non rain sensing windshield in your car.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 17:05   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Few months back in 2018 my parked ES Titanium+ was hit by a reversing truck at the front side. The damage was so much that the insurance bill was for 69k. The windshield was also among the damages as some jelly stones had fallen from the truck on to the windshield causing a big crack in it...
Hi Anupam, sorry to hear about all the pain you had. It is a case of sheer negligence from Metro Ford. I would strongly recommend to post the entire incident to Ford India, even before you talk to Metro Ford again. Please write a detailed e-mail to them mentioning how Metro Ford forgot to take care of rain sensing wipers. Trust me things will be moving very smooth then and you will not be ending up paying a single penny after that.

Doesn't matter if it has been a month or two. All the repaired/replaced things can not be tested by any owner immediately. I am more than confident Ford India will take it with priority and will be doing needful.

Last edited by ampere : 4th May 2019 at 00:30. Reason: trimmed quoted post
nkumarblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 18:12   #912
BHPian

Quote:
what Hessarghatta Metro Ford had missed to do while replacing the windshield. Thos was a major blunder from their part
I feel for you, brother. I've had a small accident few days back and mine was also repaired from Metro Ford, Hessarghatta. And I've had a very bad experience too. Though I've received my car now and everything is fine now, there were few things which made me decide that I'll never go back to them for anything (will post my story in detail soon).

Like others suggested, Ford Customer Care is quite responsive. It'll be better to shoot them an email with all the details.
BikerSuz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 10:05   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I guess the sensor comes attached to the windshield. Normal non rain sensing windshields are cheaper and rain sensing windshield with the sensor attached comes at around 18k. I guess the service centre fixed non rain sensing windshield in your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumarblr View Post
Hi Anupam, sorry to hear about all the pain you had. It is a case of sheer negligence from Metro Ford. I would strongly recommend to post the entire incident to Ford India, even before you talk to Metro Ford again. Please write a detailed e-mail to them mentioning how Metro Ford forgot to take care of rain sensing wipers. Trust me things will be moving very smooth then and you will not be ending up paying a single penny after that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSuz View Post
I feel for you, brother. I've had a small accident few days back and mine was also repaired from Metro Ford, Hessarghatta. And I've had a very bad experience too. Though I've received my car now and everything is fine now, there were few things which made me decide that I'll never go back to them for anything (will post my story in detail soon).

Like others suggested, Ford Customer Care is quite responsive. It'll be better to shoot them an email with all the details.
Sincere thanks to all of you ��

Update:
I have written a detailed email to Ford Customer Service just a while ago. I shall let you all know the progress as and when the story moves forward. Hoping for the best from Ford India.

Thanks once again to everyone.
Old 2nd May 2019, 19:45   #914
BHPian

Hi,

Does the latest titanium + AT comes with the center speaker?
Old 4th May 2019, 00:05   #915
BHPian

1st birthday of my Ecosport Titanium (Flanker)- It has been a year and 9.6k Kms since my new wingman first came to my home. Unlike many others who spend months researching before choosing their car, I did very minimal homework on this. Took the test drive, liked the car and that is it. I know it was stupid to do so, but Flanker has never let me down or made me regret my choice.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190502_182304.jpg

I took the vehicle from kerala to Pune, made trips to Mumbai& Nasik and I loved the way it drove on the highways. In cities the light clutch was a blessing. There is sluggishness in pick up between 1000- 2000 RPM on 2nd and 3rd gears but it is past 2500 RPM that the (1.5) Dragon really starts spitting fire.

Regarding mileage, here is what I used to get.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20190503205421.jpg

The flat portion (between 9.5 – 10 Kmpl) denotes my Pune mileage where I hardly used to get a chance to put the 5th gear during my 12 Km office commutes. The spikes (around 14Kmpl) are my highway figures where I was too excited to bring the needle below 100. My piece of advice for those prospective buyers- It you are too concerned about mileage, please go and buy a Celerio Diesel. If you are not, Welcome to the world of Dragons.

I was among the first lot of unfortunate buyers who were deprived of the SYNC-3 luxury. But now I’ve learned to live with the Fly Audio and I never faced a problem or lag in it. Also I keep my phone in a stand with Android Auto App “ON” and I use Google voice to make calls while driving. The all way adjustable Steering wheel and Driver seat helps in getting into really comfortable driving position.

Picked up a dimple and scratch along the way..
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190429_112239.jpg

.. Which was later concealed effectively with a new set of wheel arches.2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190503_103633.jpg

Some things I like less

Light Nose- The 3 cylinder petrol engine is a very light unit. This, coupled with a heavy body shell results in less load distribution to the front axle. While giving a sudden acceleration or while climbing an unpaved incline, this results in wheel spin. If the vehicle is fully loaded with people and luggage, this becomes more serious.

Side view mirrors- The mirror body plastic feels very flimsy and even the mirror adjustment mechanism is visible from outside. Very bad design.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20181214_100813.jpg

A Baleno mirror, for reference.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20181214_100832.jpg

Rear door- Like many Ecosport users, I too wish that Ford will find some hydraulic struts strong enough to make this a hatch (with a spare wheel).

Thrusting aside these triflings, I am very happy with my choice and I really look forward to my next long drive, to take Flanker to an empty stretch of highway and to say 'DRACARYS'.
SYAM is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks