Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2019, 01:20   #916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYAM View Post
[b][u]
Regarding mileage, here is what I used to get.
Attachment 1873517

The flat portion (between 9.5 – 10 Kmpl) denotes my Pune mileage where I hardly used to get a chance to put the 5th gear during my 12 Km office commutes. The spikes (around 14Kmpl) are my highway figures where I was too excited to bring the needle below 100. My piece of advice for those prospective buyers- It you are too concerned about mileage, please go and buy a Celerio Diesel. If you are not, Welcome to the world of Dragons.
Happy birthday 🎂!

I thought Ecosport MT would give better mileage. This is the mileage I get in Pune with AT.

About your advise for the mileage conscious folks, why celerio, and not a brezza or even Ecosport diesel?
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 11:27   #917
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Posting the average statistics of my 2018 petrol EcoSport titanium MT since using the car for 1 year. Fuel log is since my first full up of petrol after buying the car. I drive a mixture of City, Highway and Ghat every month.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20190504111345365.jpeg
Dramitn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 19:40   #918
BHPian

My Ecosport was delivered on 27 April, 2019. It's Petrol Titanium MT. During first week, I've noticed few things that I want to share with you all.

1. The Dragon engine is good in terms of refinement and performance but I could only extract 12.4kmpl on highway and 10.7 in city. Think this engine is only for performance and I shouldn't expect mileage more than 13 in future.
2. Gearshifts are pretty smooth. I had not noticed vibrations on TD unit but mine has got mild vibrations on the stick and sometimes on the steering wheel as well, strange! Clutch is hard and it doesn't bother me while driving but during parking, it's pain.
3. Steering wheel is too good. There are zero vibrations transferring from road surface. And it's good to hold too.
4. Handling is excellent. The ride is smooth on uneven surface but stiff on bumps. I've to slow down on bigger speed breakers.
5. The bigger MID is crisp and shows lot of information and is easy to read too.
6. Both the front and rear seats are extremely comfortable and my family did not face any issue of back seat space when 3 people were seated on it.
7. The FlyAudio system is really good. I think Ford has tweaked its hardware. The screen is very responsive to touch. Everything works fine including inbuilt navigation. Lack of Android auto and no live traffic updates have not bothered me yet. Phone connects to HU via BT and there's no problem at all in connectivity. The sound quality is strictly average.
8. AC is typical Ford unit. But vents are placed too low. Also, AC controls are placed way too low and it'll get some time to get used to. I can't operate AC without taking my eyes off the road.
9. Ecosport feels solid. The materials used inside give a premium feel.

I think Ford has secretly deleted these features:
1. The illumination around USB ports is gone.
2. The fabric arm rest in doors has been replaced by plastics.
3. Leather wrap is not there on gear lever.

Overall, I'm happy with my Dragon. During purchase, I was ready to sacrifice on touchscreen (of course due to bad reviews of FlyAudio) but until now I've not faced any issues with it. Not a single lag! The deletion of features (above 3 points) is not welcome at all even if we're getting a bigger MID instead of them.

There's noticeable power drop when AC is on and I hope it'll go away after first service. Mileage should improve to 14 kmpl on highway but even if it doesn't, it won't bother me.

Attaching images to show you the deleted/changed features. Notice the plastic arm rest, no illumination below AC controls ( for USB) and updated MID:
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190504_193353.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190504_193632.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190427_212304.jpg  

HarshGtR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 23:48   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR
The Dragon engine is good in terms of refinement and performance but I could only extract 12.4kmpl on highway and 10.7 in city. Think this engine is only for performance and I shouldn't expect mileage more than 13 in future.
I guess you may have more experience with cars or this particular engine over me, but still I am sharing my views,

Its way too early to judge mileage figures for a new car/engine. One should allow it to complete running-in/break-in period and follow the Ford Manual given simple tips about this process (varying the RPM/Speed, up/down shifting at proper RPM and avoid high RPM). Last of all, it wont cost you much so do voluntarily opt for an oil / oil filter change in first service (Ford Manual will leave it pending for 10k service).

Mileage should improve a bit after vehicle crosses the 2500kms / 1st service.

P.S. Congratulations on your new car by the way.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 01:16   #920
BHPian

Hi everyone! I have a race red titanium tdci EcoSport, one of the earlier batches, with the stupid clutch positioning, and no rearview camera. Is there any way to fix any of those issues on a non-ASS/diy basis? I've asked my A.S.S. about these two already, and they've suggested getting a second screen for the rearview camera, and refused to change the clutch pedal altogether, though I've shown them how it fouls with my left foot (10.5 uk size), both of these 'solutions' are unacceptable to me. Any insight is welcome.
I'm eager to post pics, with the official wheel arch claddings, the vehicle looks so much more masculine and rugged, and I've just applied a diy nanocoat i ordered from AliExpress, looks stunning. Can't comment on long term durability yet, but even if it lasts 4-5 months, instead of the advertised 12, I've already recovered my money which I'd have spent otherwise on waxes/sealants/shampoos.. The app won't let me attach pics :(
Old 5th May 2019, 22:11   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
My Ecosport was delivered on 27 April, 2019. It's Petrol Titanium MT. During first week, I've noticed few things that I want to share with you all.

1. The Dragon engine is good in terms of refinement and performance but I could only extract 12.4kmpl on highway and 10.7 in city. Think this engine is only for performance and I shouldn't expect mileage more than 13 in future.
Congrats on your new ride!

In my experience, Highway mileage of any car should be close to the the advertised ARAI figure. Today early morning (4 AM) I did a round trip from Wakad to Pune Airport. The road was empty, so it line a highway driving, albeit with too many speed breakers. I got mileage of 16.2 kmpl, with AT. With MT, I think it should be about 2 kmpl more. Of course, your car is new, but I think it may also about driving style. If you drive at too high or too low rpm, are not gentle on the throttle, mileage can easily dip by 20%.
Old 5th May 2019, 22:24   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Happy birthday 🎂!

I thought Ecosport MT would give better mileage. This is the mileage I get in Pune with AT.

About your advise for the mileage conscious folks, why celerio, and not a brezza or even Ecosport diesel?

Thanks brother. One of my colleague's Creta is returning a constant mileage of 9Kmpl. May be that is the best we can expect from a SUV in Pune or may be it is because of the heavy traffic in the route we follow. About that advice, well that was half joking and half serious. Celerio diesel was one of the most fuel efficient cars available when it was on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post

2. Gearshifts are pretty smooth. I had not noticed vibrations on TD unit but mine has got mild vibrations on the stick and sometimes on the steering wheel as well, strange! Clutch is hard and it doesn't bother me while driving but during parking, it's pain.

There's noticeable power drop when AC is on and I hope it'll go away after first service. Mileage should improve to 14 kmpl on highway but even if it doesn't, it won't bother me.
Congrats on your purchase.

The light clutch of Ecosport petrol was among many things which was appreciated by every one who took a drive of my car. If your clutch is hard, in my opinion, you should drive another vehicle for a comparison or get it checked from the dealer. I never faced a power drop when AC compressor kicks in.

USB illumination is not available in my 2018 Apr manufactured car too. (And I never noticed it before u mentioned it)
SYAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 12:40   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
Sincere thanks to all of you ��

Update:
I have written a detailed email to Ford Customer Service just a while ago. I shall let you all know the progress as and when the story moves forward. Hoping for the best from Ford India.

Thanks once again to everyone.
Update:

Ford India as well as Metro Ford contacted me on last friday and confirmed if I will be in bangalore on Saturday. I said yes. They advised me to visit Metro Ford on Sunday and get the Rain sensing wiper fixed to which I agreed. I reached Metro Ford Lingarajpuram branch sharp at noon and my car was attended promptly. They replaced the sensor with a brand new one. Post that they checked if the wiper works. It worked flawlessly everytime water was splashed on the wind shield. I was given a zero payable bill post the repair work completion. Finally I was really happy to see the rain sensing wiper working

Thanks to the members of this forum who spoke quite highly about Ford India and suggested me to contact them. Ford India was really fast and prompt to resolve my issue and I believe it would be same case with every troubled ford owner (wish noone faces any issue whatsoever with his/her car). Thanks to even Metro Ford who did the actual work. This was really a top notch issue resolution indeed.

Regards,
Anupam
Anupam1024 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 11:45   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
Update:

Finally I was really happy to see the rain sensing wiper working

Thanks to the members of this forum who spoke quite highly about Ford India and suggested me to contact them. Ford India was really fast and prompt to resolve my issue and I believe it would be same case with every troubled ford owner (wish noone faces any issue whatsoever with his/her car).

Good to know, that all repair done up-to your satisfaction level and that too without any additional cost.

I have seen many similiar cases of dealer's negligence in my EcoSquds FB group, which settled in favor of owner every time, after Ford's intervention. Kudos to Ford again, for setting up one more example.
nkumarblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 13:03   #925
BHPian

Got my car detailed at MaxShine Thane yesterday. It took them approximately 6 hours with 4 to 4 people working on the car. The end result was simply stunning, it looked much better than the day it came out of showroom.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190511_1925492.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190511_1938152.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190511_193639.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190511_1923262.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190511_1939542.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190511_192800_12.jpg
suku_patel_22 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 19:00   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Got my car detailed at MaxShine Thane yesterday. It took them approximately 6 hours with 4 to 4 people working on the car. The end result was simply stunning, it looked much better than the day it came out of showroom.
Wow, that's one hell of a shine!

Is detailing useful if car stays in open parking? Because after external wash, I see it accumulating dust in a few hours. So I don't dare to go for detailing.
Old 12th May 2019, 21:25   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Wow, that's one hell of a shine!

Is detailing useful if car stays in open parking? Because after external wash, I see it accumulating dust in a few hours. So I don't dare to go for detailing.
Dust will settle, but a wipe with Jopasu will get rid of it.
Old 12th May 2019, 22:27   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks and any chance can you share the costs?
Old 12th May 2019, 22:46   #929
BHPian

[quote=suku_patel_22;4587791]Got my car detailed at MaxShine Thane yesterday. It took them approximately 6 hours with 4 to 4 people working on the car. The end result was simply stunning, it looked much better than the day it came out of showroom.

Can you share how much it cost ?
Old 12th May 2019, 22:48   #930
BHPian

[quote=shaktisarangi;4587945]
Quote:

Can you share how much it cost ?
The interior and exterior detailing package costs 5500. It's 2500 for interiors and 3000 for the exterior.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks