Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2019, 18:04   #931
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Does anyone have an idea if any painter can get the wheels painted in the pic below in Bangalore. The wheel design is same as my titanium diesel

Reference picture
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-b588ba304f7e4777b9975c58c67b8ed6.jpg

The wheel design of Titanium variant I own
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20190228_094402.jpg
Old 13th May 2019, 19:53   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Does anyone have an idea if any painter can get the wheels painted in the pic below in Bangalore. The wheel design is same as my titanium diesel
I enquired with the staff at JSP Ford service centre near Kudlu Gate about alloy wheel painting when I had given my EcoSport for servicing a couple of months back. The duration of the job is 2 days and the quotation was ~12k. As I wasn't prepared to shell out that much and seeing my interest, my SA gave me the contact of Mr. Santhosh from FastCars. According to the SA he can do the work for under 7k. I did not follow up though. May be you can try enquiring. I love the alloy design in the reference picture. If you are confident that they can render it on our alloys, let me know, I will also be queuing up.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 20:25   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
As I wasn't prepared to shell out that much and seeing my interest, my SA gave me the contact of Mr. Santhosh from FastCars. According to the SA he can do the work for under 7k. I did not follow up though. May be you can try enquiring. I love the alloy design in the reference picture. If you are confident that they can render it on our alloys, let me know, I will also be queuing up.
I will call them over the weekend and let you know. BTW, that's the alloy of a UK spec Ford Kuga ST line in the reference picture.
Old 20th May 2019, 21:25   #934

Dear Bhpians,

After 9 years of my journey with the New Wagon R 2010, my expanded family demands a better ride. After several TDs and discussions with my betterhalf, who prefers a vehicle with sporty looks, I have shortlisted the following:
1) Tata Nexon
2) Ertiga
3) Brezza
4) Ford Ecosport.

Nexon won our hearts big time, but the reviews and aftersales stories led us to forgo that, and after going through other options we finally booked a Ecosport on 16th of this month. We were offered upto Rs. 40000/- discount and the final ORP comes to about 10.68L for the 1.5 Petrol Titanium variant. I intend to keep the vehicle for over 8-10 years. Today, I stumbled upon the article at https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...testing-411118 which hints that the Ecosport may be replaced soon.

So, does it make sense to buy an Ecosport now?
Old 21st May 2019, 10:03   #935
BHPian

The present EcoSport is a true blue Ford vehicle. There is no official word from Ford about the next version, but if Mahindra Ford JV goes through the way it is reported, then the next EcoSport could be a Mahindra (platform) with Ford badge.

However, there are spy shots of 2020 EcoSport being tested out side India. Which is definitely a Ford built vehicle.

It's not clear which one will be offered to Indian market. But earliest estimate of release is still more than a year away.

So if you can wait & delay your purchase that long, then sure, wait but otherwise present EcoSport is well built, tried & tested vehicle for India market. It's a successful model with no big negative apart from resale value.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 10:43   #936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advvenkat View Post
Dear Bhpians,

After 9 years of my journey with the New Wagon R 2010, my expanded family demands a better ride. After several TDs and discussions with my betterhalf, who prefers a vehicle with sporty looks, I have shortlisted the following:
1) Tata Nexon
2) Ertiga
3) Brezza
4) Ford Ecosport.

So, does it make sense to buy an Ecosport now?
If you like the car go ahead and buy it. Amongst all the cars you have listed out, only the Ertiga is all new while all the rest are due for a facelift / new gen in a year or two.

The Ecosport is a proven product (the 1.5L dragon engine is new though) and ages very well, so it should serve you well for a long time provided you follow the regular maintenance schedule.

Besides, with every launch, cars are only getting more and more expensive, so if you decide to wait you will spend more later.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 21st May 2019 at 10:44.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 12:34   #937
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Ecosport Thunder - A new Edition - Launching Soon

Quote:
Ford will be launching a new edition called the EcoSport Thunder and on an exclusive report, we can reveal the pictures of it. As you can see in the pictures, the exterior comprises of sticker updates as no comprehensive styling changes have been made. The EcoSport Thunder Edition comes with a black wrap on one section of the bonnet.
Quote:
Down below, the headlamps, grille mesh and the horizontal bars adorn black treatment surrounded by a differentiating dark shade. The roof rails, wing mirrors and B-pillar are painted in black colour as well. Additionally, the side profile has black stickers running lowly on the doors while a black cladding runs across the lower portion of the body covering the bumpers and sides. The alloy wheels also carry a black theme and Thunder sticker is printed on the tailgate. It appears to be based on the Titanium variant with 1.5-litre TDCi four-cylinder inline DOHC diesel engine
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-2.jpg
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-3.jpg
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-4.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st May 2019 at 12:39.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 14:31   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ford Ecosport Thunder - A new Edition - Launching Soon
AutoTrend TV also confirmed about this edition. Interiors with saffron touch could be seen in the video.
nkumarblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 22:12   #939

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
If you like the car go ahead and buy it. Amongst all the cars you have listed out, only the Ertiga is all new while all the rest are due for a facelift / new gen in a year or two.

The Ecosport is a proven product (the 1.5L dragon engine is new though) and ages very well, so it should serve you well for a long time provided you follow the regular maintenance schedule.

Besides, with every launch, cars are only getting more and more expensive, so if you decide to wait you will spend more later.
Thank you and @naxal for your replies. I went ahead and booked it with Chennai Ford, but their offer for my old ride seems quite low and they seem to pressurize by saying that the offer will not hold good for next month. I doubt if this has any truth at all in it, given the competition, specifically after the launch of Hyundai Venue, which is disliked by my better-half.

Now, Hans Ford seems to be upright with their terms and offered a 25K+ for my old ride and now I intend to cancel the existing booking and go with Hans Ford.
advvenkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 09:02   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...they seem to pressurize by saying that the offer will not hold good for next month. I doubt if this has any truth at all in it
This is absolute and complete hogwash and a trick used by all dealerships against unsuspecting customers. Case in point: When I was looking to change my car in December of last year, PPS Ford, after a lot of haggling, offered me Rs. 3 lakhs for my 2012 Swift VXI. For various reasons, the purchase of Ecosport did not go through, and three months later, in March 2019, I purchased the Honda City since the car suited my preferences more than the Ecosport.

Guess what the exchange price offered by Honda for my Swift was? Rs. 3.55 lakhs, a cool Rs. 55K more than what I was getting in an earlier calendar year, three and a half months back, with lesser kilometers on the clock as well.

Exchange prices simply depend upon how you negotiate with the buyer- that is it, and there is no other rocket science to it. Do not fall for the spiel dished by dealers in this regard. In my case, I made it a condition for my purchase of the Honda that the dealer would need to give me a good exchange price, else I was in no hurry to purchase a new car from them. Lo and behold, a few hours later, a nice exchange offer was on my plate ready to be tucked into

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 24th May 2019 at 09:06.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 09:35   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Now, Hans Ford seems to be upright with their terms and offered a 25K+ for my old ride and now I intend to cancel the existing booking and go with Hans Ford.
Similar thing happened to me. While I was purchasing my Ecosport, the dealer in Pune (PPS Ford) offered me 3.35 lakhs for my Dec 2016 Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel Asta (O) which is ridiculously low and they did not even budge from that offer even after much prodding.

Finally, I never booked with them and sold my car independently for 4.85 lakhs. Point being, if you are not satisfied with the exchange price offered by the dealer, you can always sell it on your own unless there is some financial need for the down payment.
tp_dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 04:32   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
The wheel design of Titanium variant I own
Attachment 1875840
Is this your car? If so, what kind of wheel cladding is that? Looks really good. Please PM me the details. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th May 2019 at 06:57. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags.
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 09:14   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Is this your car? If so, what kind of wheel cladding is that? Looks really good. Please PM me the details. Thanks!
It's an official accessory from Ford. Costs just under ₹6k. Contact your local FASS.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 22:01   #944

Thank you bhpians for your advice. After the eleventh hour somersault by Hans Ford in addition to the irresistible offer from Chennai Ford at 10.39 on-road for 1.5L Petrol Titanium, I went ahead with Chennai Ford. Awaiting delivery next week.

Quote:
Old 1st June 2019, 08:34   #945

Here is is the aftermath of the Hyundai Venue launch.
Ford are reducing the prices of their to variants but also deleting some very important features which made Ford EcoSport a better car.
This is really knee jerk reaction from Ford. They have to have belief in their models than to cut and chop every time a new model is launched .
I was planning to book the Diesel Titanium+ variant sometime in next 2 months.
But with the below changes to take place I don't know what to do.
Ford please stop deleting features from your models.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-412932
Eco_Driven is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks