Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2019, 14:10   #961
Senior - BHPian

My dealer is not giving option of purchasing Extended warranty for years 3,4,5 together. They have given me option of 3rd and 4th year only. Anybody has any idea on this?
Old 21st June 2019, 14:17   #962
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
My dealer is not giving option of purchasing Extended warranty for years 3,4,5 together. They have given me option of 3rd and 4th year only. Anybody has any idea on this?
You can definitely buy 3+4+5 together. The Ford website itself has these details along with the pricing.

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/extended-warranty/

For a new Ecosport diesel it is INR 21,300 for a 5 year warranty. When I bought my car, 3rd year extended warranty came free as corporate discount. I paid the difference of ~INR 10k and now have a 5 year warranty.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 21st June 2019 at 14:19.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 14:22   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
You can definitely buy 3+4+5 together. The Ford website itself has these details along with the pricing.

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/extended-warranty/

For a new Ecosport diesel it is INR 21,300 for a 5 year warranty.

Yes, I have seen that page, but for some reason dealer says they can only include 3rd and 4th year while invoicing car and is asking me to buy 5th year later during 1st service. Obviously that would mean paying extra later for top up. So I might as well not buy EW right now and buy the complete package later within 90 days. Provided that option can really be purchased.
Old 21st June 2019, 14:33   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I have seen that page, but for some reason dealer says they can only include 3rd and 4th year while invoicing car and is asking me to buy 5th year later during 1st service.....

I really don't understand why dealers don't even bother to check internally before they confirm something and mess up the whole buying experience. Below is the snapshot from my warranty certificate. This code should help them find it in the system.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-ecosport-ew.png

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 21st June 2019 at 14:35.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 18:40   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advvenkat View Post
I received a total of 60+K (25K (discount)+10K Corporate Offer +15K exchange bonus + 15 of dealer discount from Chennai Ford for the Titanium Variant. If you would like, I will share the contact details of the SA via PM. He has been genuine right from the booking to delivery.
Thanks that would be really helpful. I was unable to find the PM option for your user ID which is why I had posted in public.
Old 22nd June 2019, 10:24   #966

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Thanks that would be really helpful. I was unable to find the PM option for your user ID which is why I had posted in public.
I do not have access to the PM yet because I recently starting posting the messages, although I have been reading the forum since 2009.

You may ask for Mr. Pandian from Chennai Ford and provide my reference. I will also let you him know about your lead.
advvenkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 17:52   #967
BHPian

I've read through the thread but still unclear what we lose in the 1.5 AT version. There was a lot of confusion earlier, and Ford had clarified saying that the 1.5 AT is only seeing a price reduction but not a feature reduction... but when I look at the latest brochure, it looks like the following features are no longer available on the AT model:
  • Sync 3 - really need Carplay / Android Auto
  • Emergency assistance - feel it's important
  • HID headlamps - how much of an improvement is it over standard projector, on the Ecosport?
  • TPMS - important for me

I did not include everything - I omitted items I didn't care about. Not having Sync3 is a deal-breaker for me - I can maybe live without the rest of the items in the list but would really consider them valuable.

Can you please confirm:
  1. Do we really lose out on all the above features in the 1.5AT? Or am I looking at errors in the brochure?
  2. The dealers may still have a few units of the 2018 model in the stockyard. Which of these features were available in the 2018 model?
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 23:28   #968
Senior - BHPian

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
when I look at the latest brochure, it looks like the following features are no longer available on the AT model:

• Sync 3 - really need Carplay / Android Auto
  • Emergency assistance - feel it's important
  • HID headlamps - how much of an improvement is it over standard projector, on the Ecosport?
  • TPMS - important for me

AT (and Titanium +) had lost the TPMS last year itself when they downsized the tyres to R16.
HID was never there.
But Sync 3 was supposed to be available in AT, as per earlier communication. I booked 2 weeks back after confirming this with dealer. But it appears that website again has the brochure updated silently. Not really sure what Ford is up to! They are messing this up big time!

I have been allotted a car which is in transit at the moment. Now I am not really sure what features it will have! Only way to find out is to wait to see it reach the dealership! Lucky that I didn't opt for the loan. Imagine going through loan processing and dealer getting money from bank only to find out that the car you get is not what you wanted!

Last edited by SilentEngine : 23rd June 2019 at 23:34.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 00:22   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Only way to find out is to wait to see it reach the dealership!
If you have the VIN, you can check the features available on your car on this link. You need to register on the website to be able to check all the features.

All the best!
tp_dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 01:16   #970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
If you have the VIN, you can check the features available on your car on this link. You need to register on the website to be able to check all the features.

All the best!
Yes, i have the VIN. According to VIN it's June 2019 model.

Thanks for the link. It shows a bunch of things. Hard to say what's what. Glanced through and below are the items which may be of relevance. Don't think it lists all features, because i didn't find anything specific to Cruise Control for example.

Accesry USB 2 Unit W/iPod Function
With Base Instrument Panel
Int Environ Colour-Metallic Grey
Interior Feature Colour - Ebony
Leather Seat Trim
Frequency - 433MHZ
With Central Locking System
Keyfree System
Single Locking Power Lock Latch
Less Sun Roof
Less Tracking System - FIA
Less Navigation System
Branded Fly Radio
Less Interior Light Group

"Less Tracking System - FIA" - Not sure if this is emergency assistance.
"Less Navigation System" - Usually Fly Audio lists Embedded Navigation in brochure and Sync 3 doesn't, but next point could mean presence of Fly Audio instead of Sync 3, so this is confusing
"Branded Fly Radio" - If this means Fly Audio, then yes, this car won't have Sync 3 .
"Less Interior Light Group" - Is this Ambiente Lighting? If so, this is removed.

I guess, if anybody with Sync 3, EA, MyKey etc in their cars could confirm what they see for their car VINs, that would confirm the changes.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 24th June 2019 at 01:18.
SilentEngine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 07:42   #971
BHPian

Quote:
I have been allotted a car which is in transit at the moment. Now I am not really sure what features it will have! Only way to find out is to wait to see it reach the dealership! Lucky that I didn't opt for the loan. Imagine going through loan processing and dealer getting money from bank only to find out that the car you get is not what you wanted!
What's interesting (and probably not at all surprising) is that the dealers don't have a clue. I'm eager to know what you find in the car allocated to you. We're all rooting for you, hope you get Sync3. Please do not forget to let us know how it goes.
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 09:11   #972

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
They are talking about indirect TPMS and the posts are from before the launch. EcoSport is having physical/direct TPMS sensors in 4 wheels as shown in attached pics. Maybe you can take them off and install in the after-market alloys. Not sure if the system needs re-calibration after that.

Photo Credits: Facebook EcoSquads group(Ashkar Lessirey and Harshit Malav)
Hi,
I bought a 2nd hand EcoSport Titanium+ AT and the dealer helped me swap the wheels to 16" ( read a lot of -ve comments on 17").
But then, the TPMS also went away with that.
Q is - Can we take out the TPMS from the 17" wheels easily and fit in the 16" ones?
A mechanic said that the process of removing TPMS usually breaks them or the entire nozzle has to be replaced..

Anyone here has tried re-using their TPMS while changing wheels/ tyres?

Thanks.
Old 25th June 2019, 10:44   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaynvr View Post
Hi,
I bought a 2nd hand EcoSport Titanium+ AT and the dealer helped me swap the wheels to 16" ( read a lot of -ve comments on 17").
But then, the TPMS also went away with that.
Q is - Can we take out the TPMS from the 17" wheels easily and fit in the 16" ones?
A mechanic said that the process of removing TPMS usually breaks them or the entire nozzle has to be replaced..
Try enquiring about threaded valve for 16" from Ford service centre and screwing the TPMS to it. That might work. One member from our Facebook group had replaced wheels from 17" to 16" alloys long back and went without TPMS initially. I'll enquire with him on whether he got the TPMS reinstalled later.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 12:48   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaynvr View Post
Anyone here has tried re-using their TPMS while changing wheels/ tyres?
This is courtesy Mr. Kiran Anil from Facebook Ecosquads group. He downgraded his Titanium Plus wheels from 17" to 16" . He took the TPMS sensors from the 17" wheels, purchased new valves and screwed in TPMS. That worked fine. You can consult with Ford service centre and try it out.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-fb_img_1561531477426.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-fb_img_1561531488572.jpg
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 14:23   #975
Senior - BHPian

^ Does ford service center sell 16 inch rims after vehicle purchase ?

Also has anyone tried sourcing the gloss black grill from the ambient version ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks