Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2019, 20:03   #991
Senior - BHPian

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Titanium + AT comes with sync 3 and cruise control. This has been notified by Ford and I had enquired about this in PPS Ford MG road yesterday.

It really depends on what 'notification' this is when it was issued. If this information is based on the early June notification then that's old news and not accurate any more. I have personally seen couple of June manufactured Titanium+ AT cars which didn't have Sync3. This has also been confirmed by few others in this thread.

Now, what if Ford India again decided to reintroduce Sync3 in AT! I got a follow up call from one dealer today (not the one where I have a booking) and he said they had escalated this matter to Ford. They happened to get this information from me last week when I was enquiring about older AT cars. Anything is possible!

Last edited by SilentEngine : 4th July 2019 at 20:06.
Old 5th July 2019, 06:51   #992
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

My local dealer here is also insisting that the Titanium+ AT continues to come with Sync3
Old 5th July 2019, 12:20   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Now, what if Ford India again decided to reintroduce Sync3 in AT! I got a follow up call from one dealer today (not the one where I have a booking) and he said they had escalated this matter to Ford. They happened to get this information from me last week when I was enquiring about older AT cars. Anything is possible!
Ford being Ford will add/remove features like cut/copy/paste which most of us do on MS word. Till you get the car, Ford will be playing mind games.
Old 5th July 2019, 13:16   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Ford being Ford will add/remove features like cut/copy/paste which most of us do on MS word. Till you get the car, Ford will be playing mind games.
I wonder why they’re so confused. From the outside here, it seems like the decision is very simple. Keep the features that matter.

But now I’m super curious as to know the reason behind Ford’s frequent rejigging of features.
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 14:06   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just to add to some more confusion, I saw one June manufactured White Titanium+ AT with Fly Audio but it had black roof. I thought black roof was only available in S and Thunder and not in Auto. So there's no shortage of surprises!

To close the loop, having rejected June manufactured AT which came with Fly Audio, I am going ahead with an older car.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 14:13   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Just to add to some more confusion, I saw one June manufactured White Titanium+ AT with Fly Audio but it had black roof.
That’s odd. And I’m pretty sure that Ford does not provide customisation.

Quote:
To close the loop, having rejected June manufactured AT which came with Fly Audio, I am going ahead with an older car.
Great decision! Did you manage to get any discounts over the revised prices?
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 17:30   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
I wonder why they’re so confused. From the outside here, it seems like the decision is very simple. Keep the features that matter.

But now I’m super curious as to know the reason behind Ford’s frequent rejigging of features.
Their lack of confidence in their cars and EcoSport is their bread and butter car for the past few years. They are removing the USP's of the car rather than adding more features such as diesel AT with sync 3 and 4wd.

Or their Penny wise, pound foolish attitude of the management and marketing team. Even the SA's themselves are confused and clueless and are wondering what's wrong with Ford. Ford needs to learn marketing lessons from Hyundai & MSIL
Old 6th July 2019, 13:11   #998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post

Great decision! Did you manage to get any discounts over the revised prices?

Yes, approx 15k less on new price, and I am doing insurance myself which might save another 20k.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 15:49   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, approx 15k less on new price, and I am doing insurance myself which might save another 20k.
That’s a pretty good deal given that you are actually getting more features.

Please do verify the VIN and make sure that it’s not more than a few months old!
Old 9th July 2019, 00:38   #1000
BHPian

Hi Team

I have booked a Ecosport Titanium Plus Petrol last week.
The Ex-showroom Cost for Mumbai was 10,18,000 INR.
I lookup up Ford website today and it was showing 9,99,900 INR for the same trim.

Talked to Customer Service on Chat and was told that the price was for Delhi, while the price for Mumbai was now 10,30,000 INR.

This has got me confused. How can the Ex Showroom price decrease in one city by 19000/- and increase in another city by 22000 /-.

Now how do I handle my car dealer?
Old 10th July 2019, 09:17   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmad View Post
Talked to Customer Service on Chat and was told that the price was for Delhi, while the price for Mumbai was now 10,30,000 INR.
How can the Ex Showroom price decrease in one city by 19000/- and increase in another city by 22000 /-.
Now how do I handle my car dealer?
Ford CC executive communicated you correctly. The Ex-Showroom prices mentioned over the website are of Delhi. Also, the Ex-Showroom price use to change across Indian states and cities within a state. Only the manufacturer can decide the Ex-Showroom price (and not a Dealer) based on multiple factors like logistics cost, state government taxes, other tax imposed by local body like municipal corporation etc.
nkumarblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 01:40   #1002
BHPian

Will the next generation Ecosport be launched anytime soon?
Was checking out this car but its already 6 years since launch and it was time for a new generation of the car.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 08:38   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Will the next generation Ecosport be launched anytime soon?
Was checking out this car but its already 6 years since launch and it was time for a new generation of the car.
India spec EcoSport could very well be a rebadged Mahindra XUV3OO. However one can see Spy pictures of Global Ford built next generation EcoSports on test in different foreign automobile websites.

There is no confirmation from any credible sources about the exact model to be offered for Indian market but with recent Mahindra Ford JV, a XUV3OO based rebadged EcoSport has high chance for Indian market.

In any case earliest estimate about the new launch seems to be the festive season of 2020.

Present Ford line up could be the last true blue Ford built cars as after the JV kicks in, everything is supposed to develop by Mahindra where Ford India may just do the rebadging.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 10:52   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
India spec EcoSport could very well be a rebadged Mahindra XUV3OO.
Very likely. But wasn't there a news that Ford may exit India?

Any case, the compact SUV segment is too crowded now.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 11:01   #1005
Senior - BHPian

^^ There is a new Ecosport coming on a Ford Platform (BX744, BX745), but only in 2021, so I guess till then we will have more Signature and Thunder editions along with many more feature juggling releases !

The rebadged Mahindra is going to be on the next gen XUV 500 platform.

https://www.rushlane.com/ford-ecospo...-12309781.html
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks