Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2019, 21:47   #1081
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnetheus View Post
Have booked a Ford Ecosport Titanium + AT recently. Got a call from the dealer today that they are adding sunroof on the same, but no confirmation on SYNC ..Anybody got any further update??
The brochure still lists sunroof as MT only. Given the history, I think we should expect inconsistencies between brochure and what is really being delivered. You might want to check with the dealer if Cruise Control/any differentiating feature have been sacrificed to make way for sunroof. Please do a thorough PDI and only then make a firm decision.

Removal of Sync3 system from T+ variant, a seriously disappointing decision, is an established fact by now.

Best of luck to you.
strawhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 23:13   #1082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have booked a Ford Ecosport Titanium + AT recently. Got a call from the dealer today that they are adding sunroof on the same, but no confirmation on SYNC ..Anybody got any further update??
Make sure you go to the yard to see the car yourself (both inside and outside), so you can confirm the presence of all important features. AT variant has undergone changes almost every month since May (price or feature). If sunroof is being added, and price remains same then it would be at the expense of something else like cruise control like they did with MT.

You can also use Ford Etis site to check the features present in the particular model once you get the VIN of your allotted car.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 01:40   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from the dealer today that they are adding sunroof on the same, but no confirmation on SYNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
You might want to check with the dealer if Cruise Control/any differentiating feature have been sacrificed to make way for sunroof.

Removal of Sync3 system from T+ variant, a seriously disappointing decision, is an established fact by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
If sunroof is being added, and price remains same then it would be at the expense of something else like cruise control like they did with MT.
No Sync3, No Sunglass Holder, No Split rear seats, No rear armrest, No recline and tumble seats. No flat floor cargo space management. No Crusie control. No utility in Sports Utility Vehilcle.

I am in market for new vehicle and I was sold on Ecosport, but the Titanium and Titanium+ variants have lost so many features that they no more provide VFM quotient.

I am holding my purchase in hope that Ford might reintroduce Sync3 with BS6 rollout price increase.

I have strongly registered my opinion on Sync3 to Ford and dealer via various means.
varunswnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 05:44   #1084
BHPian

Anyone tried procuring the International style Climate Control unit? Looks a lot upmarket than the one they ripped off the Figo.

I’m not able to find the exact part for sale online, and wasn’t sure if the connectors is same either.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-d328fe7b70e54e0ab277c6e07332e002.jpeg  

Old 6th September 2019, 09:43   #1085
Senior - BHPian

^^ Apart from the fact that they use the same climate control cluster on the Figo & Ecosport, I think it looks very neat and upmarket. I actually like it better than the international one.

Such things are always subjective though. I found this link which can probably give you more details.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 6th September 2019 at 09:44.
Old 6th September 2019, 16:48   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I found this link which can probably give you more details.
Thanks, this is exactly what i was looking for.

Looks like there’s 3 variants: Manual A/C, Auto AC with heated seats, Auto AC with heated seats and steering.

Ridiculously costly for what is essentially just a control panel. Add to that, dummy buttons not applicable to the Indian one.
Old 12th September 2019, 18:56   #1087
BHPian

Folks with the FlyAudio system, where can we download software updates from?

The Ford India dashboard has links only for SYNC, which says that my vehicle is not equipped with SYNC.
Old 14th September 2019, 21:08   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnendubagchi View Post
After going through all the comments I find that all the 3 models of Ecosport viz 1.5L Petrol, 1,5L Diesel and 1.0L Ecoboost have their own set of advantage (and disadvantage). I am about to book one ES in another 7 days time. Am little bit confused which model will be most suitable for 70-30 city/highway drive with a max of 1000 km monthly drive. Price or FE are not constraints. I found the diesel titanium a good choice. But, not sure about 2 things-how it will behave in congested city drive in Pune and how good will be pick up/power in highways. AT is not my favorite. Could not get a clear cut idea even after spending lot of time with demo car of the dealer.
I am in same boat. I have almost the same kind of running monthly. Could you finalize anything? If yes, where did you book, any discounts? Please advise, thanks in advance.

Last edited by spr1ngleo : 14th September 2019 at 21:09. Reason: Typo
Old 14th September 2019, 21:26   #1089
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

The latest EcoSport comes with all beige interiors including both front and rear seats. They will certainly be harder to maintain, especially when there is a growing up child of 7 yrs in the family. Can anyone please suggest a good all black seat covers (preferably fabric) that does not mess up the ergonomic aspects of the seating, and also protect the seats from getting dirty?

Do you think the wheel arches cladding is a must (as an accessory)…?

Also, the spare wheel cover for a diamond white EcoSport from the dealer costs 12.5k. but I could find the same on Amazon for 7k INR. Can I go with the latter? Also, black spare wheel cover for white EcoSport will be a hit or a miss?

Thanks.
Old 15th September 2019, 15:32   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
I am in same boat. I have almost the same kind of running monthly. Could you finalize anything?
When we booked the T+ AT we had the same question. We had liked the TDCI and if there was no AT available we would surely have booked it over the Nexon/Wrv/Brezza. However we test drove the AT petrol *after* the diesel and our decision was made . Both of us are loathe to use the clutch and FE was not a factor, so buying the AT was simple really - it's that good vs the competition (the AT doesn't really have competition in the same segment though - all the others are AMT's).
heinrici is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 15:33   #1091
Senior - BHPian

A quick update on my car: Titanium+ Petrol AT
  • It's been little over 2 months of ownership. Covered 1500+ KMs. Majority of drive has been in city. MID shows 8.7kmpl, which is around 0.4 to 0.5 higher than the actual FE calculated using tankful-to-tankful method.
  • Coming from a Fiat Punto MJD, EcoSport AT is definitely a step up, especially in city. Punto was a great car, but driving in city had become a very tiring exercise. I also think EcoSport AT has made me more of a sedate driver now.
  • Unlike the newer AT variants, this car has Sync3, which is of great value and improves overall experience. I am someone who uses Google Maps even for daily home-to-office drives, so Sync3 was a must have for me. It's just unfortunate that Ford doesn't realize the mistake of not providing it in newer cars.
  • Cruise Control - haven't done much highway drives, but i try to use it even in some city stretches where i can, just to get used to it.
  • S-Mode and Paddle Shifters - again, lack of much highway driving so far means these haven't had much to do so far.

Haven't got the spare wheel cover yet. I like the look without it, but just think that it's better to have one for keeping it safe.

Overall happy with the car so far.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_0843.1.jpeg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_1581.jpeg  

SilentEngine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 16:07   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
When we booked the T+ AT we had the same question. We had liked the TDCI and if there was no AT available we would surely have booked it over the Nexon/Wrv/Brezza. However we test drove the AT petrol *after* the diesel and our decision was made . Both of us are loathe to use the clutch and FE was not a factor, so buying the AT was simple really - it's that good vs the competition (the AT doesn't really have competition in the same segment though - all the others are AMT's).
T+ AT is clearly overshooting my limited budget, moreover, I am conscious about mileage a little. Hence thinking of TDCi. Any discount you can share please? Thanks.
Old 16th September 2019, 11:46   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
T+ AT is clearly overshooting my limited budget, moreover, I am conscious about mileage a little. Hence thinking of TDCi. Any discount you can share please? Thanks.
This was in July-2018 - didn't get any discount - I could only get the insurance reduced. I guess dealers should be willing for discounts now given the negative car-buying sentiment.
heinrici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 00:17   #1094
BHPian

I've booked the Ecosport Titanium Petrol variant. It's costing me 10.08 lakhs on road. The dealer is giving me a corporate discount of only 5000 and festive discount of another 10000. Are these the ongoing offers in other states too? I've booked at Siliguri (West Bengal). Are there any chances of getting any discount on the insurance. One quoted by dealer is almost 60000.
Old 21st September 2019, 03:43   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Are these the ongoing offers in other states too? One quoted by dealer is almost 60000.
There are very few offers on the EcoSport.

I got a Titanium Petrol last month in Bangalore, the offer I got was 5000 corporate, 12000 off on insurance and 3000 worth of basic accessories.

This brought me to a total of 11.24 OTR, including Zero Dep Insurance.

My total Insurance Premium (3yr TP, 1yr OD, ZeroDep) came to 41k before discount. I paid effectively 29k for the insurance.

The dealer quote for 41k was slightly high, I was getting between 32-36k online, but post discount was pretty good.

You might wanna get insurance yourself, 60k sounds absurd.

One thing to note, you can get a good discount if you opt for one of their older existing stock (late 2018 Aug-Dec). I’ve seen discounts to the tune of 1-1.75 lac depending on variant and age.

Last edited by ts1506 : 21st September 2019 at 03:43. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks