Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2019, 07:53   #1096
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
One thing to note, you can get a good discount if you opt for one of their older existing stock (late 2018 Aug-Dec). I’ve seen discounts to the tune of 1-1.75 lac depending on variant and age.
I would have loved to go for the pre variant shuffle. In that case the Titanium plus has a Android Auto if I'm not wrong. But then there are no old stocks available here.
Old 29th September 2019, 13:56   #1097
BHPian

I just took a look at the Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport as I wanted to know what would I be interested in while looking for an upgrade. I went and checked out the Nexon first in the showroom. They had installed seat covers in the display vehicle and that deterred me first. I felt the front seat base small and somehow felt a bit difficult to get adjusted to the ergonomics of the car. The rear seat was comfortable but still felt a little claustrophobic. I felt and noticed some places where the fit and finish was not good. I still am looking forward to a proper test drive though.

Next I checked out the EcoSport immediately and literally fell in love with the quality, front seat comfort and the fit and finish. I felt it to be a step up from the Nexon any day! The steering was so great to hold, everything was so easy to find, buttons felt solid. And test drove the diesel as well. My cousin has the older version of EcoSport and I surely remember how well it drove. But the latest one was so much more quiet, refined and comfortable. The ride was a bit firm and my parents found getting in and out a little difficult plus the armrest console was intruding a bit into the rear leg space in the middle. Other than that, and some variants vs features mess up, this is one amazing car that still looks fresh out of the oven.

If I personally am to make a decision for my family, would pick this over a Nexon right away. But no Android Auto or Apple Car play and lots of other features in Titanium plus is a big mess.

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 23:51   #1098

I almost booked a Ford Freestyle a few months back but had to postpone the decision. With the recent variant rejig of the Ecosport the Trend petrol seems to be a tempting option. Is the backseat width of the Ecosport worse than the Freestyle? Also are there any options for installing fog lamps on the Trend?

Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 05:17   #1099
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol 1.5 Ti-VCT (Canyon Ridge) on 04 October 2019. Finally settled for insurance from outside (go digit) but purchased the additional fifth year warranty. Accessories provided by dealer was only foot mats and mud flaps. The delivery at Gateway Ford was a pleasing experience. Arrived early, did a PDI as per the team bhp PDI list which I carried with me. The sales person thereafter completed the documentation part and after a detailed demo of all features, I was out of the dealership in less than three hours. Finally costed me 10.04 lacs on road.
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 09:28   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
If I personally am to make a decision for my family, would pick this over a Nexon right away. But no Android Auto or Apple Car play and lots of other features in Titanium plus is a big mess.

Cheers!
If you're aiming for titanium+, you can consider S variant itself. It gets all Sync 3, TPMS and cruise control and it's not affected by the variant shuffle like the lower variants. Price difference is less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacetime View Post
I almost booked a Ford Freestyle a few months back but had to postpone the decision. With the recent variant rejig of the Ecosport the Trend petrol seems to be a tempting option. Is the backseat width of the Ecosport worse than the Freestyle? Also are there any options for installing fog lamps on the Trend?

Thanks
Yes, you can install fog lamps in the freestyle from the dealer itself and it will cost between 5-7k

Last edited by jithin23 : 7th October 2019 at 09:29. Reason: Typed content in quote itself
jithin23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 12:21   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

A quick clarification question/need help.
In my 2017 model T+ Diesel with Sync 3, when i try to play music by connecting Sync 3 to phone Blue Tooth (paired permanently), the song name, song progression in seconds and other details are shown in Sync 3 screen. However, there is no Volume.
I tried disconnecting the phone pairing and redid but still no luck.

Any one faced this issue and if so can you suggest how to fix it? That will help me to play music from Phone / YouTube etc. So far i used only USB and FM for audio, so never tried Phone BlueTooth way of listening to music, and hence the question.

TIA
-Ravi
Old 9th October 2019, 15:11   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Any one faced this issue and if so can you suggest how to fix it? That will help me to play music from Phone / YouTube etc.
Did you check media volume on the phone? Volume on the car music system and on the phone are independent. Try increasing the media volume on the phone and it should be fine.
Else reset your sync system to factory settings. Also, try connecting a different phone to see if that works.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 14:07   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a compact petrol automatic SUV and tested the Ecosport 1.5AT. It was the most fun to drive but I am irritated by the lack of the following features:
1. Puddle lamp (available on other variants)
2. Android Auto / Apple Carplay (available on manual only S)}
3. Sunroof (available on one or more other variants)
4. Leather seats (fabric seats in a titanium plus variant? really Ford?)

Even if I am ok to pay more money I cannot have these features on the "top-end" variant! Why call it a Titanium Plus?

Tested the XUV300 this morning and aside from a few other issues, (diesel, difficult loading stuff into the tail-gate, lower gc and boring AMT) I felt really good in that car. It seems to be loaded to the gills with features.

It is decision time and Chennai dealers seem to be holding on to the discounts even in this difficult time for the auto industry. I am hearing of 1.7L discount in Mumbai for the same variant. Here they sound like they are doing a favor to me by giving me free insurance
gsferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 15:14   #1104
Senior - BHPian

These features seem more nice to have than essential, dont let them stop you from the overall experience. Does it have 6 airbags ? If not you can get seat covers aftermarket

I bought my ecosport from Dhruvan ford, give them a try
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 15:57   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Looking for a compact petrol automatic SUV and tested the Ecosport 1.5AT. It was the most fun to drive but I am irritated by the lack of the following features:

Even if I am ok to pay more money I cannot have these features on the "top-end" variant! Why call it a Titanium Plus?

The latest brochure in website mentions sunroof being present in AT. This was also mentioned by someone earlier in the thread, so you might want to double check with the dealer on that.

But the real issue is - you will have no idea what other features they may have removed to accommodate sunroof with same pricing. This is where it becomes a lottery.

1.5 AT had a really good feature set in its previous form (pre-may 2019).
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 10:56   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
These features seem more nice to have than essential, dont let them stop you from the overall experience. Does it have 6 airbags ? If not you can get seat covers aftermarket

I bought my ecosport from Dhruvan ford, give them a try
I am test driving their Ecosport 1.5AT. For some reason the ride is really jarring. I need to check if it is a 17" alloy on their vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
The latest brochure in website mentions sunroof being present in AT. This was also mentioned by someone earlier in the thread, so you might want to double check with the dealer on that.

But the real issue is - you will have no idea what other features they may have removed to accommodate sunroof with same pricing. This is where it becomes a lottery.

1.5 AT had a really good feature set in its previous form (pre-may 2019).
Dealer said he will confirm if the sunroof is coming with the current lot of cars.

Sync3 is such a minor feature for them to want to remove it from their top-end variant. It makes no sense to me at all. My disgust is with this tendency to remove stuff from the top variant which is available in a lower spec car. I just want to have it. Same with the puddle lamps.

If you cannot offer me all the bells and whistles and charge me a little bit more for it, I am not willing to be boxed into a corner. Right now EVERY variant of the ecosport feels like a compromise. Why should I be made to feel like I am missing something and I have no recourse?

This is no doubt a sales strategy decided by some pencil pushing MBA with the same passion for automobiles as he might have for a Dyson hand dryer.
gsferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 11:06   #1107
BHPian

Quote:

Tested the XUV300 this morning and aside from a few other issues, (diesel, difficult loading stuff into the tail-gate, lower gc and boring AMT) I felt really good in that car. It seems to be loaded to the gills with features.

It is decision time and Chennai dealers seem to be holding on to the discounts even in this difficult time for the auto industry. I am hearing of 1.7L discount in Mumbai for the same variant. Here they sound like they are doing a favor to me by giving me free insurance
My wife is driving Aug 2019 made Ecosport Petrol AT. There are Leather seats in that one (dark). Sunroof is not available - I saw two Petrol AT september made which also did not have sunroof.

PS: I think you will find the AMT on XUV 300 shocking and every time it shifts, there is a perceptible jerk. The Ford AT is much better. Also the backseat of XUV300 really lacks thigh support and is puny compared to Ecosport. I cannot recall seeing Paddle shifters in XUV300.
adzegeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 11:14   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
I am test driving their Ecosport 1.5AT. For some reason the ride is really jarring. I need to check if it is a 17" alloy on their vehicle.
3 ATs I saw (one I have, two with friends - August and September 2019s) - all have 16'' - and they all have fair bit of road noise and can jar if ridden over bad roads - but all three drivers seem to have become immune to it.

Also additional info - My wife's car over 400+ KMs is getting 14.3 kmpl, the other two over similar distance is 13+ kmpl. All three drive on fairly open roads on expressway/sidelanes - kid ferrying and shopping trips - all three lady drivers. All lightfooted relaxed drivers. I was expecting 12 or something.
Old 11th October 2019, 11:31   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dealer said he will confirm if the sunroof is coming with the current lot of cars.

My disgust is with this tendency to remove stuff from the top variant....

Only Thunder editions come with 17" alloys. AT comes with 16", but it's possible that the TD car is from the early 2018 batch with 17".

I completely agree with your sentiments on feature removal. I have personally gone through exactly what you are going through when I was in the market for EcoSport AT few months back. In my case I managed get hold of a car from earlier lot with all the features I wanted.

On one hand all manufacturers complain of lower demand, on the other hand any car you pick is a compromise.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 16:05   #1110
BHPian

Just downloaded EcoSport's brochure and it lists the below items as present in Petrol AT:
1. Cruise Control with Paddle Shift
2. Electric Sunroof

Missing is (new): ISOFIX, Emergency Assistance and Ford MyKey
Missing old: SYNC3 (Apple CarPlay & Android Auto)

Really really weird

Most Viewed