Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2019, 20:02   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Looking for a compact petrol automatic SUV and tested the Ecosport 1.5AT. It was the most fun to drive but I am irritated by the lack of the following features:
1. Puddle lamp (available on other variants)
2. Android Auto / Apple Carplay (available on manual only S)}
3. Sunroof (available on one or more other variants)
4. Leather seats (fabric seats in a titanium plus variant? really Ford?)

Even if I am ok to pay more money I cannot have these features on the "top-end" variant! Why call it a Titanium Plus?
Shocked to read this, I own a Titanium Plus AT (OCT 2018) and it has everything in this list except the sunroof. However, it lacks the premium DIS display between the dials, only the basic text-based display. I liked it instantly for it reminds me the "vi" editor of Unix/Linux

Tata too has this problem of deleting features. In fact, I was almost finalized on Tata Nexon AMT when they deleted some of the features (don't remember what exactly) and everyone in my family felt like cheated. So we cancelled the booking and went for the second choice, our first petrol car after a gap of 31 years!

Don't know what's the motive behind such self-goal tactics. I think something related to taxation, supply-chain or just plain MBA vs BTech infighting.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 11th October 2019 at 20:04.
sandeepmdas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 09:52   #1112
Senior - BHPian

I just learnt that the following features have been changed in the 1.5AT Petrol:

1. Added - Sunroof
2. Removed - TPMS, Leather Seats, Cargo Management in the rear (this is in addition to other removed features listed earlier)

I am evaluating a pre-loved 2016 Creta SX Diesel Auto and will most likely close on that by this week. It has everything I really need and is priced a lot lower than a new EcoSport without making me feel short-changed.
Old 23rd October 2019, 00:15   #1113
BHPian

Is it worth buying Seltos HTK+ variant over EcoSport S? I am looking for diesel car.

Seltos HTK+ is good but those fixed rear headrest, no rear armrest and no 60:40 rear seats are really killing the utility of vehicle. It feels cheap even after paying 14.5+ lacs.

Though EcoSport too has fair share of it's misses, I was so willing to buy Titanium, but removal of Sync3, 60:40 split seats, rear armrest, Sunglass holder, cruise control was real deal breaker. This prompted me to increase budget and look at other cars, so I checked Seltos but that too is compromise. Creta 1.6D SX is expensive and offers so less on VFM quotient. New 1.6D EX has no features at all, though thankfully Hyundai is giving discounts on it.

Cramped space owing to its sub 4m dimensions and Fords idocracy on feature deletions, there is nothing not to like about Ecosport. It is such a well packaged and engineered car.

Suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Last edited by varunswnt : 23rd October 2019 at 00:20.
Old 23rd October 2019, 08:07   #1114
BHPian

Barring the base htk variants under 10L ex showroom, all variants are exorbitantly priced. I still feel ES is well rounded package here. For me, it was the form factor, decent safety kit for the price, cult following etc closed the deal in its favour.
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 08:47   #1115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Is it worth buying Seltos HTK+ variant over EcoSport S? I am looking for diesel car.

Seltos HTK+ is good but those fixed rear headrest, no rear armrest and no 60:40 rear seats are really killing the utility of vehicle. It feels cheap even after paying 14.5+ lacs.

Though EcoSport too has fair share of it's misses, I was so willing to buy Titanium, but removal of Sync3, 60:40 split seats, rear armrest, Sunglass holder, cruise control was real deal breaker. This prompted me to increase budget and look at other cars, so I checked Seltos but that too is compromise. Creta 1.6D SX is expensive and offers so less on VFM quotient. New 1.6D EX has no features at all, though thankfully Hyundai is giving discounts on it.

Cramped space owing to its sub 4m dimensions and Fords idocracy on feature deletions, there is nothing not to like about Ecosport. It is such a well packaged and engineered car.

When I was looking for a crossover, I did consider the Ecosport, Creta and the Seltos(once it was launched). Even though it’s a brilliant piece of machinery, the Ecosport was just too cramped for me and didn’t feel like an upgrade from my WagonR from space point of view. Creta was the next choice with the right amount of space and I was fixed on 1.4EX(1.6EX was not launched then) when Seltos came along as a better VFM Creta. After TD, I have booked the HTK+. Seltos gives me more good to have features for a small incremental price over Creta 1.6EX.

If space in ES is not a concern, you can’t go wrong with it. If space is necessary but you can compromise on the features then you look at lower variants of Seltos or Creta, whichever is VFM.

PS: I was very impressed with two other vehicles - Freestyle and Nexon. Nexon has more space and similar features as ES while Freestyle has similar space as ES but much cheaper.

Last edited by ashis89 : 23rd October 2019 at 08:56.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:55   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would say go for the Seltos only if you need the extra space. The Ecosport S is truly a feature loaded car which along with the sorted mechanicals really lifts the whole ownership experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
PS: I was very impressed with two other vehicles - Freestyle and Nexon. Nexon has more space and similar features as ES while Freestyle has similar space as ES but much cheaper.

The Nexon isn't in the same league as the 'S' trims as far as features are concerned. It misses out on a lot of meaningful features like the 6 airbags, leather seats, sun roof, ESP, TPMS, HID lights, automatic wipers & lights, etc. Having said this, the Nexon facelift is around the corner, so I'm sure it will get more kit.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 23rd October 2019 at 11:00.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:09   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ecosport diesel is good,but plagued with constant tinkering with features. Did you consider XUV300 as well? The quality and overall package is superb.
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:41   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Did you check media volume on the phone? Volume on the car music system and on the phone are independent. Try increasing the media volume on the phone and it should be fine.
Else reset your sync system to factory settings. Also, try connecting a different phone to see if that works.
Thanks buddy. I reset the SYNC system and then it started to work fine.

-Ravi
Old 28th October 2019, 13:10   #1119
Senior - BHPian

2020 Ford EcoSport BS6 Spied Testing

Quote:
The Ecosport was recently spied testing in Pune, explicitly declaring itself to be a BS6 model.

Earlier this year, Ford confirmed that it would continue to offer diesel engines in the BS6 era. This means that models such as the EcoSport, Figo, Aspire and Freestyle will continue to be offered with a Diesel engine post April 2020.

However, the future of the 1.0-litre EcoBoost turbo-petrol engine, which is imported and only offered with a 6-speed manual, is uncertain.
Source
Old 28th October 2019, 14:03   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
2020 Ford EcoSport BS6 Spied Testing

Source

This should help those sitting on the fence with respect to Ford's commitment after the JV with Mahindra. Even Endeavour was spotted with BS6 earlier if I am not mistaken.
Old 29th October 2019, 17:24   #1121
Distinguished - BHPian

BSVI-compliant Ford Ecosport CUV spotted testing.

The Ecosport's newly compliant engines are expected to be some of the first outcomes of the recently announced Mahindra-Ford JV.

The 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol (available only on the S trim) puts out 125PS/170 Nm. is likely to be replaced by Mahindra's 1.2-litre three-cylinder turbo petrol with 110PS and 200Nm, as seen on the XUV3OO.
Quote:
The Ecosport's petrol and diesel, both, are expected to be upgraded to BSVI norms. The 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol makes 123PS and 150 Nm, while the 1.5-litre diesel makes a 100PS and 205 Nm. The 1.5 petrol can be had with a six-speed automatic, the petrol can be had with a five-speed manual

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-2020fordecosportbsvispied02.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 13:17   #1122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Thanks Reinhard, for your kind wishes. That's what I thought, gearbox will be little smoother after a while. Will post pictures in some time.
Cheers!
By the way just noticed you mentioned Aug'19 manufactured vehicle. Why did it take so long to deliver then? Or you asked for a delivery specifically in/around Diwali & RTO/HSRP holidays played spoilsport in final delivery date?
Old 4th November 2019, 14:28   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Cheers!
By the way just noticed you mentioned Aug'19 manufactured vehicle. Why did it take so long to deliver then? Or you asked for a delivery specifically in/around Diwali & RTO/HSRP holidays played spoilsport in final delivery date?
Well... There were multiple factors playing spoil sport. Mine was a corporate purchase, so approvals and documentation took its own little sweet time. Add to that my dealer showed unprofessionalism, he sold the car to someone else that I booked, he then had to procure another one from Chennai. Diwali holidays of course. Good that you noticed, wanted a forum to vent out my frustration.
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 14:32   #1124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Well... There were multiple factors playing spoil sport. Mine was a corporate purchase, so approvals and documentation took its own little sweet time. Add to that my dealer showed unprofessionalism, he sold the car to someone else that I booked, he then had to procure another one from Chennai. Diwali holidays of course. Good that you noticed, wanted a forum to vent out my frustration.
Ah that just frustrates doesn't it! I had similar experience with my PREVIOUS car. Now that you mentioned, I vaguely remember you had mentioned about corporate purchase earlier I think. So my bad asking again.

Anyway - little nuances. Its okay to suffer & forget during shopping. Enjoy the ride ahead. That's what matters.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 20:48   #1125
BHPian

Dear All,

my initial impressions of the new ES TDCi:

• Build quality is definitely a couple of notches higher than my previous car Celerio AMT.
  • High seating position, gives a commanding view of the road ahead.
  • Titanium variant is a reasonably equipped one with all the necessary safety features.
  • Diesel is sufficiently insulated from inside.
  • AC is a Chiller, family insists to increase cabin temperature frequently.
Dislikes (this my observation of few days ownership)
  • Downshifts are necessary if rpm drops too low.
  • Diesel clatter is noticably audible inside cabin when the engine lugs, especially when climbing incline in reverse gear. That's how my parking is. Sad for me.
  • OEM seats are beige in colour, such a put off.
  • Turning radius of 5.3m hampers frequent U-turn experience.
  • Note, thick A pillar, limited rear seat, sideways opening boot etc have been said umpteen number of times, so not listing again.
Few parting shots follow:
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20191104_141639.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20191104_141649.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20191102wa0023.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20191103wa0005.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20191103wa0008.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20191103wa0009.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20191103wa0010.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20191103wa0011.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20191103wa0012.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20191103wa0013.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20191103wa0014.jpg  

Last edited by spr1ngleo : 4th November 2019 at 20:49.
spr1ngleo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks