Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2019, 18:48   #1171
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Irrespective of what the JV is all about, once Ford hands over the reins to Mahindra, it will be a case of out of sight and mind. There will always be an element of risk that you will have to take in buying a Ford now. Spares will still be available, resale might tank, service might go to dogs.
I beg to differ. Agreed that the JV may or may not work but Ford has made its intent clear that this strategic cooperation clearly is to reduce product development costs and the timing between sketch to showroom to compete in price sensitive emerging markets such as India.

The current lineup of product portfolio if any would be least impacted as the management focus would lay on bringing in new products under common underpinnings at cut throat competitive costs to survive in the market, yet be key differentiators in their own way woven with their respective brand DNA.

Having said that what remains as true blue Ford products will continue to be so (or take minimal JV penetration at best), however the customer service experience would not take a hit IMO because Ford has invested so much in service marketing and has come a long way (with its service parts promise and the like) and it would cost them dearly to plunge from where they have worked so hard to become better in customer perception of the brand in service.

Cheers,
Vijay
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 01:29   #1172
BHPian

Good or Bad, I don't know. But mine and my family's heart has beaten for it.
After looking at range of cars such as Baleno, Brezza, Dzire, S-Cross, TD Honda City, WRV, Jazz, EcoSport; I have taken the plunge for the Ecosport Trend TDCI.
The car is 2019 July manufactured unit.
I have completely taken advantage of the year end offer. I intend to keep the car for the next 8-10 years; just like my current Swift VDi.
Hope for the best.
iamahunter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 12:10   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
I beg to differ. Agreed that the JV may or may not work but Ford has made its intent clear that this strategic cooperation clearly is to reduce product development costs and the timing between sketch to showroom to compete in price sensitive emerging markets such as India.
Sure, fair enough that you disagree. The onus and risk is only on buyers who intend to purchase Ford cars now. The risk in this case that we are talking about is the scenario where the JV does not work.

Ford has invested in customer service experience, customer perception of the brand in service etc. If they were confident of the future, they would not have gone the JV way.

If it works out, then its good for the owners of Ford cars. I sincerely hope it does.
Old 3rd January 2020, 15:43   #1174
BHPian

The car was delivered on 31st Dec 2019, however it was registered on 1st Jan 2020. A shiny silver rowdy butcher look-a-like car is now in my parking space. I call it 'The Alpha'.

An updated 2019 Trend model with 9" touch screen with 2 rows of buttons below the screen as opposed to the 8" single row of buttons in the 2018 model. With no android-auto/apple-carplay it is a little boring to be honest.

However, I have already started getting a few questions, would be really thankful if any of you can help.
a. Is there a way to receive or reject calls from the steering wheel controls?
b. On the home screen, I had seen the compass pointing the correct poles, but now its just a compass symbol, and does not point or move to the right directions. How can I enable it?

That's it for now, haven't explored the car much yet. Thankfully the weekend is coming up.
Old 4th January 2020, 14:48   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
However, I have already started getting a few questions, would be really thankful if any of you can help.
a. Is there a way to receive or reject calls from the steering wheel controls?
b. On the home screen, I had seen the compass pointing the correct poles, but now its just a compass symbol, and does not point or move to the right directions. How can I enable it?

That's it for now, haven't explored the car much yet. Thankfully the weekend is coming up.

Congratulations for getting the EcoSport!

For fly audio systems, the way to answer calls is the rewind button to attend the call and forward button to reject calls. The functionality is the same as sync 3 system only that the call buttons aren't highlighted in fly audio systems.

The compass rotates automatically based on the direction the car is traveling. It is enabled by default.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 20:55   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Congratulations for getting the EcoSport!

For fly audio systems, the way to answer calls is the rewind button to attend the call and forward button to reject calls.
Tried it, works !

Quote:
The compass rotates automatically based on the direction the car is traveling. It is enabled by default.
This is one thing which is still confusing me. In case I turn on the navigation screen and come back to the home screen, the marker below compass shows me the place that I currently am at. In this case the Compass stays still without any directions.
Other wise if I do not go to navigation, the compass points at the poles and the marker below it shows me the direction that I am pointing/heading.
Seems strange to me or I haven't still understood it properly.

One more nifty thing I noticed : The Instant consumption info will show l/h(liter per hour) when at stand still, and as soon as you start moving, it turns to km/l(kilometers per liter). Small but a sensible thing.

Update till now : Completed 250+ kilometers in the city itself over the weekend. A long drive and seat covers update coming soon.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 23:38   #1177
BHPian

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Guys, I am looking for frameless wiper blades (all three blades) for my 2019 Ecosport. What is the OEM size and what are good options out there in the market now ?

Last edited by vaasscit : 6th January 2020 at 23:40.
Old 7th January 2020, 23:51   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Guys, I am looking for frameless wiper blades (all three blades) for my 2019 Ecosport. What is the OEM size and what are good options out there in the market now ?
The front two wipers are 22 and 16 inch respectively. The rear is 11 inch.
Old 8th January 2020, 21:39   #1179
BHPian

Few updates. Got first servicing done for my EcoSport Titanium TDCi. Availed the home pick up and delivery option. Apparently they just top up the various fluids like engine oil, brake oil, coolant and Gas. The bill was zero. The car clocked 4200 kms already. The gear box is still not sure slotting, guess I will need to live with it. Covered the distance between Hyderabad to Pune in eight and half hours (guess fasttag and good roads helped). But ES remained rock solid through out. Over-taking on highways was never an issue.

There were some irregular finishing on the driver side window glass beading, that SA agreed to replace free of charge in warranty. BTW, I already bought the extended warranty for third and fourth year.

Cheers.
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 14:32   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
I have completely taken advantage of the year end offer. I intend to keep the car for the next 8-10 years; just like my current Swift VDi.
Hope for the best.
Would you mind sharing the discounts that you got?
I assuming that to be a lot considering year end plus BS4?
Old 10th January 2020, 23:08   #1181
BHPian

Hi guys, I wanted to upgrade the low beam projector of Titanium which uses H18 bulbs, to philips Xtreme vision or something of that sort. A quick online search made me feel that those bulbs are the second hardest thing to find after kryptonie. Even the Philips official website is not showing it as an available option. Any ideas?
SYAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 22:19   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYAM View Post
Hi guys, I wanted to upgrade the low beam projector of Titanium which uses H18 bulbs, to philips Xtreme vision or something of that sort. A quick online search made me feel that those bulbs are the second hardest thing to find after kryptonie. Even the Philips official website is not showing it as an available option. Any ideas?
H7 is compatible with H18.
There is no point in upgrading H18 bulbs to H7 Xtreme Vision.

H18 is an upgraded H7. H7 is 55w however H18 is 65w. You will hardly see any differences.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 20:57   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Front it's 22" and 16".For rear, it's 11". Bosch Clear advantage and Hella curvo are quite good! Both these are frameless.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 16:06   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Front it's 22" and 16".For rear, it's 11". Bosch Clear advantage and Hella curvo are quite good! Both these are frameless.
More details on this post here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4457000 (The 'Wiper Blade' Thread)

For rear 12 also works. I was unable to procure a reputed brand 11/12 frame less wiper and got a no name brand. It was terrible. I went back to Ford OEM frame wiper for my 2014 car. Face lift Ecosport has frameless rear wiper by default, so no worries over there !
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 16:51   #1185
BHPian

Ford EcoSport BS6 brochure is up on the website now:

Key Differences:
EcoBoost Gone
Dragon is down by 1ps and 1nm
Diesel torque is up by 10nm to 215nm

Features:
Added on all variants: Vehicle Connectivity with FordPass

Rest of the lineup and features remains same.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed