Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2018, 13:28   #106
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalck View Post
Would someone be so kind as to post the width of the rear seat?
It's exactly 48 inches.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 17:41   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
I am in the market for a reliable and fun-to-drive 4 seater with a high GC. Most likely going to make the booking on saturday for the Titanium Plus(D). The dealer at Palakkad gave me a quote of Rs.12.72L on-road which includes the dealer recommended insurance of Rs.36971 + (optional) Rs.9670 towards an additional zero depreciation insurance. I will be taking the insurance from outside.
If I take from outside, HDFC Ergo quotes around Rs.33k and New India Rs.20k, both Bumper to Bumper. Now my questions,
  • Does my choice of vehicle make sense?
  • I liked the Canyon Ridge shade. Any one on this shade ? Otherwise, might have to choose from black or white.
  • Which insurance should I go in for ? My mind says HDFC - private = faster and trouble free service !
  • The quoted on-road price includes 3rd year warranty with RSA. Is there any option to extend the warranty for anymore years ? Is there any need for it ?

Thanks in advance.
I got my insurance from Bharti Axa for 28k, incl zero dep & return to invoice.

Best to get extended warranty for 3rd & 4th year. Please note that this additional warranty will be for the 1,00,000 kms only - no additional mileage is allowed under extended warranty. So if you are driving more that 50,000 km per year that no point taking extended warranty
rpunwani is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 21:29   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
It's exactly 48 inches.
My 2012 wagonr is 47 inches across the middle of the seat
I find a lot of resemblances with the buttons and all with my brother's mustang; my heart is intent on getting this now. I have been let down by such a decision once, hopefully that won't happen again.
Old 28th January 2018, 08:55   #109
BHPian

Had spoken to the dealer here, there is a possibility of the petrol titanium+ MT being released in April, probably with the ecoboost engine or the dragon engine. Also asked about the rear view camera for the titanium varients, it is possible for it to be fitted, but will be confirmed in March.
Old 28th January 2018, 09:19   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
Had spoken to the dealer here, there is a possibility of the petrol titanium+ MT being released in April, probably with the ecoboost engine or the dragon engine. Also asked about the rear view camera for the titanium varients, it is possible for it to be fitted, but will be confirmed in March.
Can this news be true? I asked the same question to the dealer. My dealer here is strong on his point that there will be no extra variants of the ecosport, atleast not untill the next year or two. Not even the 'sport or s' variant. He says that unlike other ford cars here in india which has 'special' variants, EcoSport is fast selling and presently they are unable to meet the demand for it so he is 'sure'.
If the news is true it would be great and am ready to wait. Again i strongly doubt if there would be a re-launch of the ecoboost engine.
Old 28th January 2018, 10:09   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
Can this news be true? I asked the same question to the dealer. My dealer here is strong on his point that there will be no extra variants of the ecosport, atleast not untill the next year or two.Again i strongly doubt if there would be a re-launch of the ecoboost engine.
I had the same doubt which I posed to him, apparently there are a lot of enquiries to Ford India about the MT petrol top end and the ecoboost engine, so they may just bring it out
Dramitn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 13:58   #112
M35
BHPian

Saw the vehicle and the interior space definitely seemed inadequate for our needs. I saw and sat in one here in China which comes with a sunroof. Materials used looked fine but coming from a scorpio and Endy, the vehicle was just not big enough

Thinking of sitting in a Jeep compass, but then I am looking at around Rs.23L for the Longitude (O). Confused now !
Old 28th January 2018, 23:17   #113
BHPian

I had gone out shopping today and got to experience the auto gearbox on open roads.

Drove on an average at 70+ and hit a max of 100 kmph.

I feel the gearbox is quite aggressive in downshifting. Anything apart from a gentle caress causes it to drop a gear. There was no need to floor it.
I was expecting that it would drop a gear only on kickdown, however here it was dropping a gear even at half throttle.

I ended up using paddles in D, to upshift a few times.
Old 29th January 2018, 11:15   #114
BHPian

Quote:
I had gone out shopping today and got to experience the auto gearbox on open roads.

Drove on an average at 70+ and hit a max of 100 kmph.

I feel the gearbox is quite aggressive in downshifting. Anything apart from a gentle caress causes it to drop a gear. There was no need to floor it.
I was expecting that it would drop a gear only on kickdown, however here it was dropping a gear even at half throttle.

I ended up using paddles in D, to upshift a few times.
Did you test drive the auto variant? What was the rpm range it was reaching when it was shifting down? Maybe it's a case of just getting used to it?
Old 29th January 2018, 11:19   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Did you test drive the auto variant? What was the rpm range it was reaching when it was shifting down? Maybe it's a case of just getting used to it?
I had TD'ed the automatic. I did not pay much attention to when its downshifting. I can do another TD and compare.

Its possible, that it is a case of getting used. I've been used to flooring the accelerator on my the diesel Vento and Spark that i used to drive.

Last edited by suku_patel_22 : 29th January 2018 at 11:19. Reason: formatting
Old 29th January 2018, 11:25   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
In fact, was thinking of getting an XUV first. Budget isn’t a constraint. Have been driving a Scorpio (2009) and an Endy AT (2011) all these years. I’m 6 feet (77kg) tall and my wife 5 10”. Have a 2 year old who is used to the generous cabin space. Will it be too cramped? I am not in India currently, hence the questions.
Why so ? The HDFC girl said it allows cashless claims, but not the United India. The ford dealer has already agreed for the insurance from outside.
For 4 people on board Ecosport is very comfortable. The space at back is not in the league of Endeavour/XUV, but should not be cramped for kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I have made cashless claims on HDFC for the EcoSport. Found them in general to be lowest cost without losing out on anything. I take Zero Dep.

Check with you dealer when buying insurance from outside. Some dealers do honor cashless if bought from outside and some don't. I bought New India insurance for my Kwid from outside(the dealer was also offering from New India assurance), the dealer clearly told that he will not honor cashless if not brought from us. Same with Toyota. So I would suggest you check with insurer and dealer before you make the purchase.
Old 29th January 2018, 11:50   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I had TD'ed the automatic. I did not pay much attention to when its downshifting. I can do another TD and compare.

Its possible, that it is a case of getting used. I've been used to flooring the accelerator on my the diesel Vento and Spark that i used to drive.
I think you wrote downshift instead of upshift, since trying to floor it would result in changing to a higher gear (upshift).

Try the S mode.
Old 29th January 2018, 12:16   #118
BHPian

Quote:
I think you wrote downshift instead of upshift, since trying to floor it would result in changing to a higher gear (upshift).

Try the S mode.
Nope I meant downshift, Even with 50% accelerator, it downshifts. For example, it will switch from gear 4 to 3.
Old 29th January 2018, 13:11   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Nope I meant downshift, Even with 50% accelerator, it downshifts. For example, it will switch from gear 4 to 3.
Doesn't this work? http://cars.lovetoknow.com/How_to_Ch..._Automatic_Car
It was working in the mustang like it should when i drove it. Maybe get another test drive to compare.
Also might be that the optimum rpm range is on the higher side...
Old 29th January 2018, 13:51   #120
BHPian

Quote:
I just completed a long drive of about 1100 kms in 3 days. Used both paddle shifts (in D mode) and S mode as well. When I pressed the throttle a little hard in D mode (without paddle shifts), I could see that the rpm was around 3500. When I used paddle shifts in D mode (to shift down), the rpm was somewhere between 4000 to 4500. When I used S mode, the rpm went up to 5500.

I liked using S mode than paddle shifts. Moving the stick to S mode produces a 'grudge' sound that made the adjacent car drivers turn heads

BTW, I am still confused as to when to use Paddle Shifts or S mode, as both downshifts and holds on lower gear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks