Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshBapurao View Post
Friends, need your recommendations:
I am looking for Automatic petrol cars and have shortlisted the following:
1. Ecosport Titanium plus - 14 lacs on road
2. S Cross Alpha - 15 lacs on road
In terms is safety and driving experience I am keen in option 1, but S-Cross is better in terms of space but lacks safety features like 6 airbags.

Considering fuel economy and overall maintenance request your suggestions?
Any other options to consider?
If you have top-most priority of space then only look at the S-Cross otherwise the EcoSport trumps it in all aspects; handling, good build quality almost same in the S-cross, better engine, better gearbox 6spd TC in EcoSport vs 4spd TC in Scross and top-notch safety with 6 airbags. Service costs of Ford are very reasonable these days, gone are the Ikon days.

Regarding fuel efficiency Maruti has SHVS I guess in the AT as well so it will be slightly more fuel efficient than the EcoSport.

My personal choice will be the EcoSport

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 21st September 2020 at 08:43.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 11:56   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from the New Car Price Check thread, since it relates to the Ecosport.

Anyone who has purchased the Ecosport recently, any idea on the amount of discounts one can expect and what kind of discounts can one push for? I am specifically looking at the Diesel S version, which costs around 14.9 lakhs on road in Bangalore everything included (before any discounts or bargaining of any kind). Ecosport is typically not heavily discounted, n my memory, so any recent experiences will be very helpful.
Old 21st September 2020, 12:15   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Bosch Clear Advantage frameless does a good job for the front wipers. Rear wiper can be obtained from FASS/Boodmo only(part no: E4B517402AA).
Thanks Jithin. Appreciate it.
Is there any specific size to buy for New 2018 EcoSport models? I see multiple options in Amazon for Bosch Clear Advantage frameless wipers.

I don't intend to change Rear wiper for now, as it is least used, so can live with current one.

-Ravi
Old 21st September 2020, 12:19   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Thanks Jithin. Appreciate it.
Is there any specific size to buy for New 2018 EcoSport models? I see multiple options in Amazon for Bosch Clear Advantage frameless wipers.

I don't intend to change Rear wiper for now, as it is least used, so can live with current one.

-Ravi
The size is 22" for the RHS and 16" for LHS(common for all EcoSport models). I had mentioned about rear wiper for the benefit of all and because earlier for the facelift, FASS was selling the rear wiper with the arm assembly and the cost was 3k ish. Now, we get the rear wiper alone and the cost for the wiper alone is 620.
jithin23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 19:21   #1355
BHPian

Dear All,

I have seen a peculiar behaviour with front wipers of 2019 ES, now that it is raining cats and dogs. Level 1 speed of these wipers are absolutely useless, because they are painfully slow. I have to switch it to level 2 speed invariably, to get some meaningful wipe across the windshield.

Can someone else confirm this, if yes, any quirky hacks to fix the speed?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st September 2020, 19:43   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
I have seen a peculiar behaviour with front wipers of 2019 ES, now that it is raining cats and dogs. Level 1 speed of these wipers are absolutely useless, because they are painfully slow. I have to switch it to level 2 speed invariably, to get some meaningful wipe across the windshield.

Can someone else confirm this, if yes, any quirky hacks to fix the speed?
I hope you are aware of the intermittent wiper setting. Most modern cars provide multiple speed levels so that we can adjust the speed based on our requirement and they also have something called intermittent setting in which the wiper motor stops and re-runs after specific intervals. We have the following options:
1. Single Wipe
2. Intermittent Wipe (Wipers stop and re-runs after specific delays)
2a. Delay 1 (Longest Interval)
2b. Delay 2
2c. Delay 3
2d. Delay 4 (Shortest Interval)
3. Medium Speed (Wipers run continuously but at a medium pace)
4. High Speed (Wipers run continuously at a fast pace)

Name:  Wiper.png
Views: 4957
Size:  337.2 KB
The image shows the controls for a right sided stalk but its the same for the left sided stalk as well.

I agree sometimes some setting is a little too fast or little too slow and there is no speed in between but making use of all these options should make it adequate for all conditions.

Last edited by Funny : 21st September 2020 at 19:50. Reason: Added image
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 10:36   #1357
BHPian

Loads of garbage stuck in front radiator grill. Due to some heavy water wading yesterday. Please advise on how to get it cleaned, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20200922_102711.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2020, 10:46   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Loads of garbage stuck in front radiator grill. Due to some heavy water wading yesterday. Please advise on how to get it cleaned, thanks.
Easiest way is to use a blower or a pressure washer. Either ways, see that the fins are not damaged by placing the pressure to close to the radiator.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 16:30   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshBapurao View Post
I am looking for Automatic petrol cars and have shortlisted the following:
1. Ecosport Titanium plus - 14 lacs on road
2. S Cross Alpha - 15 lacs on road
In terms is safety and driving experience I am keen in option 1, but S-Cross is better in terms of space but lacks safety features like 6 airbags.
I went through a similar scenario (Petrol S-Cross or Petrol Vitara Brezza?) very recently Mahesh, see if it helps you.
Punatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 08:10   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

My uncle has booked an Ecosport S Petrol. Can anyone help me with a few snaps of S variant? Is the roof black from factory or the dealer has to do it? The Thunder variant has black color on bonnet also, is it same with the S variant?
Old 19th October 2020, 09:23   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
My uncle has booked an Ecosport S Petrol. Can anyone help me with a few snaps of S variant? Is the roof black from factory or the dealer has to do it? The Thunder variant has black color on bonnet also, is it same with the S variant?

The official review of the S has all the pictures - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...al-review.html (Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review)

The roof is painted black from the factory. The Thunder variant's black on the bonnet I think is a sticker.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 10:48   #1362
BHPian

For those who want to remove the 120km/h warning from BS6 Fords, check this link out( post #51): https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...um-tdci-4.html
jithin23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 23:12   #1363
BHPian

Curious if we can see reverse camera while driving forwards, as shown here (at 10:20)

Seltos has this feature of switching on reverse parking camera at will.

Thanks.
Old 6th November 2020, 00:17   #1364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Curious if we can see reverse camera while driving forwards, as shown here
Hyundai and Kia cars are getting a feature to permanently keep the reverse camera on, whereas Ford has designed it in such a way that the reverse camera switches off automatically after you touch 10kmph in 1st gear, it has been done to help manoeuvrability in tight spots where continuously one has to go back and forth. The same feature is present in the Endeavour as well.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 08:08   #1365
BHPian

I think in ecosport at least, the reverse parking camera will be switched off as soon as the first gear is engaged. Either the video above is an illusion or camera itself is buggy.
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks