Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2020, 11:40   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Is there a way to open the boot for from inside the car on the Ecosport, without getting out of the driver's seat ? I was not able to locate a bit release lever inside the cabin, and can't seem to find the info in the owners manual when I glanced through it.
Any pointers will be helpful.
There is no release lever to open the boot. You really don't have to physically open the driver side door or get out of driver's seat, to release the boot. Just press the unlock button and the boot is also opened along with all other doors.

But as @Funny mentioned, many people struggle to find where is the lever to open the boot door. For that reason, you may end up getting out of driver's seat.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 12:25   #1382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
There is no release lever to open the boot. You really don't have to physically open the driver side door or get out of driver's seat, to release the boot. Just press the unlock button and the boot is also opened along with all other doors.
Ah, ok, thanks a lot. That takes care of the issue, because its a pain to keep getting down at any mall, hotel etc where the boot needs to be checked. The unlock button will do the trick then.

I was in fact surprised to see that there is no fuel lid release lever either, till the SA told me that unlocking the car also releases the fuel lid. Bit of a new process for me, since all other cars I have driven thus far have dedicated levers for the tail gate as well as the fuel lid.
Old 30th November 2020, 13:41   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
What's the mileage you get?
City driving with heavy traffic, signals, and speed breakers: between 8 to 10
Highways: with relaxed driving can go upto 15, with spirited driving you should be happy with 12.
heinrici is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 14:34   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Has anyone faced any problems with the dragon petrol engine and new automatic trans combo?

I'm playing with the idea of picking a used 2018 dragon auto.

Were there any issues with the initial batches from '18?
It's a good choice to pick the '18 batch ecosport as these models offer all the features which are required. Mechanically sorted as well. However be prepared for single digit mileage if you're driving spiritedly and the petrol cost hitting almost a century in some cities
The present ecosport has lost its value and the S variant is out of reach for many folks as it touches 15L on road

Just a quick look at the Ford India website shows that there's no Cruise control and puddle lamps on the Titanium+ anymore instead they have given only a sunroof. Only the AT variants and S get the cruise control

Ford has messed up with the variants yet again and if they don't offer what the people actually want, then it's game over for EcoSport and the other Ford cars too as they don't have the right variants at all. I appreciate the part that there's no compromise of safety features, however they can include ESP/TC and hill hold as standard

Last edited by jithin23 : 9th December 2020 at 14:37.
jithin23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 16:40   #1385
Senior - BHPian

What is the real world mileage for the Manual tranmission Ecosport Petrol? Can it deliver 12-13 in light traffic in City conditions?.
Old 14th December 2020, 17:29   #1386
BHPian

I was looking for a good diesel compact suv as a replacement for my almost 9 year old Vento TDI Highline Diesel. I am preferably looking at top end versions of diesel given my high daily run of approx 90 kms - am ok with manual option too. Was looking closely at Ecosport diesel given its fantastic dynamics, feature set and diesel engine. However, the top end Ecosport Diesel S version does not fit in my budget of upto 12 lacs and I don't want to settle for lower versions given they do not have sync 3 system. All in all, looks like only WR-V diesel and maybe a lower version of Nexon diesel seem to be fairly kitted and available in my budget. Was inclined towards Ecosport, given the reviews, test drive and feedback from forum members - but need to go to other manufacturers due to high price of Diesel S version.
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 18:09   #1387
BHPian

Does the Titanium+ have top tether anchor points for child seat?

The brochure says isofix is only there for the s variant. im ok not having isofix as seat belts can actually support more weight than isofix but the top tether is important.

Also, if it is only in the S variant, any idea if the ford guys will retrofit it for the titanium+? i just cant stand the orange paint puked over the dash and seats.
Old 14th December 2020, 19:42   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
What is the real world mileage for the Manual tranmission Ecosport Petrol? Can it deliver 12-13 in light traffic in City conditions?.
Even i am curious to know. The city also needs to be specified, as Bangalore will have the worst FE and NCR/ Chandigarh will have the best.

I got to know that the automatic in Bangalore gives around 7 to 8 kmpl, and around 14 to 15 on the highway.

I would appreciate manual transmission owners giving their inputs.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 20:54   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
I was looking for a good diesel compact suv as a replacement for my almost 9 year old Vento TDI Highline Diesel.

Was looking closely at Ecosport diesel given its fantastic dynamics, feature set and diesel engine. However, the top end Ecosport Diesel S version does not fit in my budget of upto 12 lacs
It might prove a touch too small, but you could try the FreeStyle top variant. I took a TD of the diesel one when shopping for my EcoSport (petrol) and thoroughly enjoyed it. And it will comfortably fit in your budget.
Old 14th December 2020, 21:35   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I would appreciate manual transmission owners giving their inputs.
Searching on this thread will get you a few inputs sir. Here is a short review from a fellow member that gives some insight into the mileage.

Post 918 (2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review)
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 11:58   #1391
BHPian

I recently took my car on a vacation and on one occasion while searching for a parking spot, there was a concrete barrier, very short in height which I could not see from the driver's seat. I hit it at approximately 20 KMPH. The car in front of me blinded me from the barrier.

The damage was very minor. I'll let pictures tell you the story. I have shared the pictures below. Ford says the entire bumper needs to be replaced and it will cost around 12K to replace the bumper and the plastic panel below it. Hearing this quote I am quite skeptical of going ahead with the replacement.

There are no scratches or dents whatsoever, only the bumper came out from position. I need help regarding the decision of going ahead with the full bumper replacement.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_0558.jpeg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_0559.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 19th December 2020 at 22:01. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Old 19th December 2020, 12:15   #1392
BHPian

Just got my car back from the 80k km service. Had the front brakes replaced due to a judder that simply won't go away even after resurfacing twice and having any suspension issues ruled out.
The problem is, that my handbrake won't hold. I asked them to tighten it, so they opened up the drums, cleaned and tightened them 'optimally' and the problem still persists. On a minimal ramp, i can't trust the handbrake to hold the vehicle, have to slot it in gear (which you should anyway). On an approach ramp of my house, a little less steep then the ones you see in mall parkings, it'll slide back even if it's in gear, have to secure it with wooden wedges. It also makes me wonder if this is making my front brakes do all the work, and hence the warpage due to overheating..?
Are my rear brakes actually not working..or is it due to a slack in the handbrake cable? Is there a way to tighten the latter? Anyone in the same boat??
Old 19th December 2020, 19:14   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez_70 View Post
There are no scratches or Dents whatsoever, only the Bumper came out from position. I need help regarding the decision of going ahead with the full bumper replacement.
Had a similar incident, i misjudged the distance to a kerb. Took it to a FNG, they fixed it with bolts and a ziptie. Less than 500 bucks. They did say that my mounting clips were not broken, just bent out of shape.
But this definitely doesn't warrant a full replacement in my humble opinion.
Great choice with the colour btw ... I got the same!!

Last edited by aah78 : 19th December 2020 at 22:01. Reason: Typos.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 21:01   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez_70 View Post
Ford says the entire bumper needs to be replaced and it will cost around 12K to replace the bumper and the plastic panel below it. Hearing this quote I am quite skeptical of going ahead with the replacement.

There are no scratches or Dents whatsoever, only the Bumper came out from position. I need help regarding the decision of going ahead with the full bumper replacement.
I personally feel that your bumper is in good condition and no replacement is necessary. Take it to a FNG and they will refix it for you.
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 21:29   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
But this definitely doesn't warrant a full replacement in my humble opinion.
Thanks so much for the help. Spending 500 bucks is way more desirable than 12K. I will have to search for a good FNG here in Guwahati though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
Great choice with the colour btw...I got the same!!
Yeah red looks amazing especially in the S variant with the black roof. Good to know we have the same color.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks