Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2020, 01:39   #1396
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
I was looking for a good diesel compact suv as a replacement for my almost 9 year old Vento TDI Highline Diesel. I am preferably looking at top end versions of diesel given my high daily run of approx 90 kms - am ok with manual option too. Was looking closely at Ecosport diesel given its fantastic dynamics, feature set and diesel engine. However, the top end Ecosport Diesel S version does not fit in my budget of upto 12 lacs and I don't want to settle for lower versions given they do not have sync 3 system. All in all, looks like only WR-V diesel and maybe a lower version of Nexon diesel seem to be fairly kitted and available in my budget. Was inclined towards Ecosport, given the reviews, test drive and feedback from forum members - but need to go to other manufacturers due to high price of Diesel S version.
If the touchscreen does not bother you much and if you do not compare the older ecosport variants from 2017 end to 2019, then you can go for Titanium as it will fit in your budget of 12L on road.

If you're purchasing through loan and you intend to keep the car 7+ years, it's better to go for S as it has all the features you require and functional ones that too. Since I see that your city is Rohtak, registration cost will be less compared to Bangalore and you can bargain for year end discounts
Old 20th December 2020, 12:44   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Has anyone faced any problems with the dragon petrol engine and new automatic trans combo?

I'm playing with the idea of picking a used 2018 dragon auto.

Were there any issues with the initial batches from '18?
I own a 2018 Ecosport Titanium+ AT with the Dragon Engine. Done 35K with the car and have faced ABS Sensor fault twice & MAF Sensor fault once. All were replaced under warranty/extended warranty. Apart from that - absolutely no problems with the car. Have done a 4500k trip from Mumbai to Himachal and back last August. Am very impressed with the way the car handled the roads (or lack of roads ) in Himachal.

The 2018 models are feature packed - Ford has been progressively deleting features in later productions

Go for it !
rpunwani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 12:45   #1398
BHPian

So it seems that Ford has reduced the prices for some Ecosport variants. Don't know exactly which ones since I was not tracking all of them but I am pretty sure that the Ecosport Diesel Titanium went over the magic 9.99L barrier and now it's back to being below 10L ex-showroom.

Source: From Bunny Punia on twitter.

Edit: I am not able to find any references to increased prices for the Titanium variant. Maybe I got confused with the Nexon. Is it so?

Last edited by JithinR : 4th January 2021 at 12:54. Reason: Not sure of the price increase
Old 4th January 2021, 13:13   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Searching on this thread will get you a few inputs sir. Here is a short review from a fellow member that gives some insight into the mileage.

Post 918 (2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review)
Thank you---it indicates around 10.7 in Pune city and around 12+ on the highway. But the car was brand new. I guess it should be more now.

So many owners are on this thread, but it is strange that only one has posted an update on the FE of the manual petrol.
Old 4th January 2021, 13:15   #1400
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport’s price for 2021 has been reduced, Thunder MT, Titanium AT and Titanium+ MT have been discontinued. Sunroof is now available in the Titanium trim as well.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-bb8df37669aa4615b9ee7fb4f577ed87.jpeg

Don’t understand why does Ford constantly change the variant lineup so often!

https://www.rushlane.com/2021-ford-e...-12388798.html

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 4th January 2021 at 13:17.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 14:14   #1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Ford EcoSport’s price for 2021 has been reduced, Thunder MT, Titanium AT and Titanium+ MT have been discontinued. Sunroof is now available in the Titanium trim as well.

Attachment 2102561

Don’t understand why does Ford constantly change the variant lineup so often!

https://www.rushlane.com/2021-ford-e...-12388798.html
The price drop is to counter competition perhaps? Sonet/Magnite got launched in the last 4-5 months and more CSUVs expected next year too.

Ford had articles out in media saying a price hike of 1-3% was expected in 2021 and that bookings from Dec 2020 will be "price protected". And now they've actually reduced prices!

Anyway, better for the prospective customers! The Ti+ AT felt a little high priced and good to see that getting a good drop in price - will translate to almost 50k reduction in OTR Bangalore prices I assume. And the Ti AT next to Ti+ AT probably didn't see many takers (very less differential in price for a huge difference in features) and that's maybe whey it's discontinued?
pvivek2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 23:56   #1402
BHPian

Mine is Titanium+ AT and I am getting this error 'check park pilot' since yesterday. I was hoping it to be a temporary sensor glitch that would go away on its own, but it did not go. Any ideas/suggestions regarding the cause and solution of this message?
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20210107wa0035.jpg  

Old 9th January 2021, 00:14   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Mine is Titanium+ AT and I am getting this error 'check park pilot' since yesterday. I was hoping it to be a temporary sensor glitch that would go away on its own, but it did not go. Any ideas/suggestions regarding the cause and solution of this message?
I don't own an Ecosport but I searched online and it seems like an issue with parking sensors.
Read more here

You can try these steps,
1. Start the car, keep the parking brake engaged and put in Reverse and keep the brakes firmly pressed. Ask someone to go cover the parking sensors 1 by 1 and you check whether any of them are not giving the beeps. Be mindful about keeping the brakes pressed or otherwise it may lead to an accident as the vehicle is in Reverse gear.

2. If all the sensors are fine in step 1, ask the service center to thoroughly check the wire connections between the sensors and the controller. In the link which I shared, the OP's car sensor wire was almost cut which was the reason behind this error.

I hope it helps. Keep us updated about the actual cause after the issue is resolved. Cheers!
nagr22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 06:03   #1404
BHPian

I have a Ford Ecosport Titanium + Petrol AT. 2018 Nov Model . I need the owners/experts’ opinion on an issue I am facing.
There’s a strange noise (akin to the sound of a distant drilling machine) from the right side of my car.
It is not continuous but is there almost all the time. I can hear the sound when the car is idle (not sure if it is there when driving)

Here’s a short video link of the problem. You’d notice how the noise stops for a bit at the beginning and then starts again. You can also hear them louder as I get the phone closer to the right side of the car.

Last edited by nobetterID : 15th January 2021 at 06:12. Reason: Spelt Ecosport wrong
Old 18th January 2021, 08:42   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobetterID View Post
I have a Ford Ecosport Titanium + Petrol AT. 2018 Nov Model . I need the owners/experts’ opinion on an issue I am facing.
There’s a strange noise (akin to the sound of a distant drilling machine) from the right side of my car.
It is not continuous but is there almost all the time. I can hear the sound when the car is idle (not sure if it is there when driving)

Here’s a short video link of the problem. You’d notice how the noise stops for a bit at the beginning and then starts again. You can also hear them louder as I get the phone closer to the right side of the car.https://Youtu.be/5lFhZm2sky8

I am not an expert here but I think this could be something to do with the conveyer belt. It could have got rusted and rubbing against the pulley.

Better have it inspected by Ford Service or a Trusted Mechanic.

I own a T+ AT myself and my engine sounds like someone is sitting inside the engine bay and keep whistling every time I accelerate and de-accelerate. When I checked with Ford India they claim it’s operational noise and nothing can be done.

It’s quite embarrassing especially when driving in traffic. People hear the whistling noise and laugh at me.
udayjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 08:50   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
I own a 2018 Ecosport Titanium+ AT with the Dragon Engine. Done 35K with the car and have faced ABS Sensor fault twice & MAF Sensor fault once. All were replaced under warranty/extended warranty. Apart from that - absolutely no problems with the car. Have done a 4500k trip from Mumbai to Himachal and back last August. Am very impressed with the way the car handled the roads (or lack of roads ) in Himachal.

The 2018 models are feature packed - Ford has been progressively deleting features in later productions

Go for it !
I own T+ AT 2018 myself and been facing engine noise issue from day 1. It sounds like that every time I accelerate and de-accelerate, engine makes a whistling noise. I had to escalate to Ford India MD and William Ford Junior in US cause all my emails were left unanswered and service team kept saying there’s no issue with the engine.

After escalating to William Ford Junior, I’ve been told that the car will be inspected by Senior Engineer from R&D team located at Chennai plant. After thorough investigation, they changed many parts related to engine but the noise persisted. At last they said it’s operational noise and nothing can be done.

So wanted to check with rest of the AT owners if they are also experiencing same whistling noise from the engine when accelerating and de-accelerating.
udayjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 10:17   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
I own T+ AT 2018 myself and been facing engine noise issue from day 1. It sounds like that every time I accelerate and de-accelerate, engine makes a whistling noise. I had to escalate to Ford India MD and William Ford Junior in US cause all my emails were left unanswered and service team kept saying there’s no issue with the engine.

After escalating to William Ford Junior, I’ve been told that the car will be inspected by Senior Engineer from R&D team located at Chennai plant. After thorough investigation, they changed many parts related to engine but the noise persisted. At last they said it’s operational noise and nothing can be done.

So wanted to check with rest of the AT owners if they are also experiencing same whistling noise from the engine when accelerating and de-accelerating.
Can you hear the sound when the car is stationary (in P) and you step on the accelerator? Or is when driving?

This will help identify whether the whistling sound is only from the engine or possibly from some other source.

In my car, I do not hear a whistling sound; however having Bridgestone Ecopia tyres, I do get some road noise besides the engine noise.

Hope this helps
Old 18th January 2021, 13:37   #1408
BHPian

Hi All,

I am thinking of changing the Tyres on my first Gen (2018) Titanium + AT (205/50/17). Although my car has only run about 14K. The BS Ecopia seem to have cracks all over and I am concerned about the reliability of these tyres. Although there was a separate thread on the bulging issue and a lot of discussion on upsizing or going for an alternate brand, I couldn't find any conclusive options. Since its been 4 years since the launch, I am assuming a lot of first-generation Titanium + AT owners must have changed their tyres by now. I believe there are not many options for the same spec and I really don't want to buy the Ecopias again. Looking for some cost-effective suggestions. Open to upsizing if that's something that been tried and tested by fellow users. Thanks in advance!
Old 18th January 2021, 14:27   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandseth01 View Post
Hi All,

I am thinking of changing the Tyres on my first Gen (2018) Titanium + AT (205/50/17)...

... Looking for some cost-effective suggestions. Open to upsizing if that's something that been tried and tested by fellow users. Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately there aren't many options in the stock size. The best option was the Michelin PS4 but these tyres are now hard to find with the import restrictions on tyres. The only other alternative is the Apollo Alnag 4g which are as good / bad as the Ecopia's.

The recommended upsize is 215/50 R17 but again with very few options which are quite expensive.

Quite a few on the FB owners group have upsized to 215/55 R17 Yokohama Earth's and are quite happy, but the circumference difference is close to 5% and not recommended.

I am in a similar boat, my Ecopia's have run 33k and will probably last another 10k more. My plan is to look at Michelin PS4 in the stock size as option 1 (hopefully the supply situation will improve in a few months) and if not then upsize to 215/50 R17 (Difference of 1.6% over stock).
fiat_tarun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 14:57   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Unfortunately there aren't many options in the stock size. The best option was the Michelin PS4 but these tyres are now hard to find with the import restrictions on tyres. The only other alternative is the Apollo Alnag 4g which are as good / bad as the Ecopia's.

The recommended upsize is 215/50 R17 but again with very few options which are quite expensive.
Thank you for the quick feedback. it's a tough choice which is not a good situation to be in. I think I will also wait for the Michelin PS4 as suggested by you. Thanks again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks