Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 19:55   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

A quick question for BS6 EcoSport tdci owners. Are there any reported issues with the new BS6-compliant engine? I am planning to buy a replacement for my Fiesta and the ES tops the list of my choices. The S version is around 14 lakhs in Hyderabad now.

There are also several 2-year old cars on sale, for around 3 to 4 lakhs less, but those are BS 4 models I guess. But those models have no reported issues.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 13:25   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
A quick question for BS6 EcoSport tdci owners. Are there any reported issues with the new BS6-compliant engine? I am planning to buy a replacement for my Fiesta and the ES tops the list of my choices. The S version is around 14 lakhs in Hyderabad now.

There are also several 2-year old cars on sale, for around 3 to 4 lakhs less, but those are BS 4 models I guess. But those models have no reported issues.

Yes, you're right, BS4 cars have no issues. I suspect it's due to fuel quality in BS6, the BS6 engines are throwing up DPF errors. As time passes by, I think these issues will be ironed out. Almost all diesel BS6 engines from all brands are having this issue.

Posting my mod links here so that it helps the entire community

For Speedometer (refer to post #56)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5021437

For Cruise Control and Cornering Lamps
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-facelift.html (DIY: Cruise Control & Cornering Lamps in my Ford EcoSport Facelift)
jithin23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 17:17   #1428
BHPian

Took delivery of EcoSport 1.5 Titanium Petrol on Monday for my friend who had booked the car in Feb 2nd week.

Booking details can be found here: Link (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

I was involved in the selection, booking and delivery process. Since my friend isn't a car guy and this was going to be his first car, he sought my guidance and I was more than happy to help. His budget was 12 lacs and he wanted to buy a sub-compact SUV.

Cars that were considered:
Nexon: His first choice was Nexon, so we headed to my known Tata dealer (Adishakti Motors) from where we had bought few Tata cars in the past. We both really liked the Nexon for what it offers and the new facelift is very good looking and is a good value for money product. He was ready to book the Nexon but when I asked my known SA regarding the delivery timelines, we were shocked to hear that Nexon has a waiting period of 4-5 months. This was due to the recent semi-conductor shortage combined with Tata's unwillingness to ramp-up production of it's fast moving vehicles.
My friend was disappointed and hence we did not even consider test-driving the Nexon. My friend decided not to book the car since he wanted a new car within 2 months at max. Tata should really focus on ramping up their production since long waiting times is a put-off for many car buyers especially when the car is not a new entrant in the market but a mere facelift. Next choice for him was obviously the EcoSport which he and his wife liked from the beginning due to its unique styling. So we decided to head towards the nearest Ford dealer. On the way to the Ford dealer, I saw a Maruti Suzuki showroom and convinced my friend to give it a visit to check out their Brezza.

Brezza: The Maruti showroom (Varun Motors) experience was the best among the 3 showrooms that we visited. The showroom was newly built and had a modern layout and swanky interiors. We were immediately attended to by one of the SA and we were offered water/coffee from their in-house Cafe. After going through the available variants and looking at the features of their display car, I asked for a test-drive which was arranged in few minutes.
The TD car was in good shape and drove well. I liked the light controls of the steering and the clutch and I felt that it would be a good deal for any beginner driver. It had the basic feature set like Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, ACC and offered good interior space both in the front as well as the back seats. Maruti has priced it's cars very competitively, the Brezza top-end Petrol was easily falling under my friends budget. I was convinced with the car since it also has a 4-star safety rating apart from the wide coverage of Maruti service network. But my friend wasn't very convinced since they already had a Brezza in their extended family and he wanted something unique. That is the moment when I understood that he has fallen for the Ford and there's no going back from there

EcoSport: Finally we reached the Ford Showroom (PPS Ford) and the showroom experience was better than Tata's Showroom, we were offered water and an SA was assigned to us immediately. Since I already own a Titanium TDCi, there was nothing much to figure out apart from the newly added features (and removed features), pricing, discounts and the petrol power plant. So we quickly requested for a TD and the test-drive car was arranged within a few minutes. The TD car had run few thousand KMs and sounded gruff and I felt the clutch was also slightly on the harder side especially for a TD car. That's when the SA told us that the car is not serviced and is used roughly hence the engine noise was more and the clutch was bit harder to operate. So after the quick TD, my friend decided to go for it. So we got the initial estimate for the Titanium Petrol and left the showroom without booking since I wanted to check with another Ford dealer before making any booking. After back-n-forth with two Ford dealers, we decided to finally book the car in the with the same dealer (PPS Ford) since it was nearer to my friends home. We were promised delivery within 45 days and the dealer honored their commitment and delivered the car within 40 days.

The car was scheduled to be delivered on Monday evening, so we reached the showroom by 5PM. At the entrance of the showroom we saw the Car which was covered with a cloth and with all the accessories fitted and ready for delivery. After completing the remaining formalities, the car was unveiled along with the key handover process and demo of the car's features. We got a box of Chocolates along with a Ganesha idol from the dealer. My friend handed over a box of sweets to the showroom staff and we were out of the showroom by 6.30PM. I sat in the driver's seat since my friend is a newbie driver and didn't want to risk driving a new car. Straightaway we headed towards the nearest fuel station which was a Essar pump where we tanked up the beast which gulped up around 44 liters of Petrol. Then we went to a nearby Temple and got the Puja done and finally the car reached it's new home by 8PM. My friend opted for a custom registration number, hence the registration number is not yet received, it will be arriving by Sunday as per the dealer, so the car will be visiting the showroom again to get the number plates fixed along with the Fastag since the activation is still pending from the issuing agency. Overall it was a good experience and everything went smoothly apart from a minor financial goof-up from the dealer's end which should get rectified within the next few days.

Finally a pic of the Beast :
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-imageedit_3_9973580418.jpg

Last edited by Funny : 24th March 2021 at 17:27.
Funny is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 10:42   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
But those models have no reported issues.
We bought the BS6 ecosport S diesel back in February 2020. It was from the first batches of BS6 Ecosport I guess. The car is 1 year old now and clocked about 6500 kms and not a single issue has been faced till date. We fill fuel 90% of the times from IOCL petrol pumps only. Also our running is very low but bought the diesel since it was overall a better engine according to me with an extra cylinder.

Its a great car and if your running is high I don’t think you will have DPF issues as well.
Ibanez_70 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 12:18   #1430
BHPian

hi guys, I did Td of Ford Ecosport Titanium AT and also checked out the sports model. the sports model looks pretty premium from inside and after sitting in sports model, if you sit in Titanium top end, it looks very cheap. One of the big reasons is seats. We asked the SA whether we can change the seat covers but he said there are airbags inside the seats so we may not be able to but he was not very convincing. So question is whether we can or cannot?
Old 28th March 2021, 13:08   #1431
BHPian

Any chances of the AT in S version? That's a deal breaker for many and am not sure why Ford haven't realised it.
Weathered is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 17:37   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Finally a pic of the Beast :
Attachment 2136531
Congratulations to the couple

Just a quick question, is the seat cover pattern factory fitted?

How is clutch on petrol ecosport? Pls keep us posted.

Thanks.
spr1ngleo is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 21:49   #1433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminxs View Post
hi guys, I did Td of Ford Ecosport Titanium AT and also checked out the sports model. the sports model looks pretty premium from inside and after sitting in sports model, if you sit in Titanium top end, it looks very cheap. One of the big reasons is seats. We asked the SA whether we can change the seat covers but he said there are airbags inside the seats so we may not be able to but he was not very convincing. So question is whether we can or cannot?
The S has premium seats with airbags. You should not fit seat covers on them. But the Titanium variant, to my knowledge, has only 2 airbags. In that case , you can certainly put premium seat covers on them.
Old 28th March 2021, 22:33   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
No, its not factory fitted. It's Ford official accessory. Art leather material, costs around 8K and was fitted at dealer level.

Quote:
How is clutch on petrol ecosport? Pls keep us posted.
The clutch is light and would be similar to Nexon's clutch but noticeably lighter than the Diesel EcoSport's clutch. It's not as light as say the Brezza's clutch which I felt was very light to operate.
Funny is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 22:40   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminxs View Post
We asked the SA whether we can change the seat covers but he said there are airbags inside the seats so we may not be able to but he was not very convincing. So question is whether we can or cannot?
Hi, the Titanium + AT is what I believe you were referring to and it too comes with 6 airbags so I would not recommend putting any seat covers on the seats.

Quote:
The S has premium seats with airbags. You should not fit seat covers on them. But the Titanium variant, to my knowledge, has only 2 airbags. In that case , you can certainly put premium seat covers on them.
Sir, I believe that the Titanium AT has been discontinued. The only AT version of the ES is the Titanium + which comes with 6 airbags just like in the Sports trim.
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 23:24   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
No, its not factory fitted. It's Ford official accessory. Art leather material, costs around 8K and was fitted at dealer level.
Yes this is an official Ford accessory. It costs ₹7662 inclusive of taxes. I got the same in my EcoSport last week when I brought the car home. Tip: If you push them a bit you can get it almost free. I paid ₹2800 after dealer discount of 7500 on accessories for the seat covers, Neck Pillows and Sill plates.

Note: Wrinkles are gone after a couple of days of usage and the cover feels great.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-51cda6ef66fe40f29c2322ed0c1f5c24.jpeg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-82dc32105d4242dab60b7f4305531da4.jpeg
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 06:56   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Yes this is an official Ford accessory.
The S model's orange inserts seat cover pattern is drool worthy, can I retro fit them in my titanium?

Thanks.
Old 29th March 2021, 07:17   #1438

Quote:
Yes this is an official Ford accessory. It costs ₹7662 inclusive of taxes. I got the same in my EcoSport last week when I brought the car home. Tip: If you push them a bit you can get it almost free. I paid ₹2800 after dealer discount of 7500 on accessories for the seat covers, Neck Pillows and Sill plates.

Note: Wrinkles are gone after a couple of days of usage and the cover feels great.

Attachment 2138060

Attachment 2138061

See, thats why I wanted to join this forum. I got my Ecosport , Titanium + edition from a relative's showroom. I think, I got conned. Got worthless mats , paid 3500 for it.

2800 is a great amount and I learned one more thing, we can always negotiate with the dealer.

I also read some of the above responses and I hope I am not late to the party. The Titanium+ edition that I have has 6 airbags and I was specifically told not to use seat covers.

Using seat covers is something that I never understood. I mean, we do take care of our cars. But the possibility of adding an extra layer of covering is always there in the back of our minds.I wanted to take seat covers but then ,decided against it.
Old 29th March 2021, 10:42   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
The S model's orange inserts seat cover pattern is drool worthy, can I retro fit them in my titanium?

Thanks.
If you are considering buying the Petrol Titanium+ AT then no you cannot insert seat covers because of the airbags in the front seats. You have only 2 options:

- Buy the S variant seats complete with airbags and all from Ford and get it installed by the dealer. (This will be an extremely costly affair)
- If you think of the above you may as well stretch your budget and pick up the S variant. But of course you do not have an automatic is the S variant.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 11:31   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
If you are considering buying the Petrol Titanium+ AT then no you cannot insert seat covers because of the airbags in the front seats. You have only 2 options:

- Buy the S variant seats complete with airbags and all from Ford and get it installed by the dealer. (This will be an extremely costly affair)
- If you think of the above you may as well stretch your budget and pick up the S variant. But of course you do not have an automatic is the S variant.
HaHaHa! Seats in Titanium +AT are a bummer specially once you have seen the seats in Sports model .. There must be an alternative..
Saminxs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed