Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2021, 19:33   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

I am not sure if this has been shared yet, but I was facing this peculiar issue when I connected my Phone to Android Auto, and I received a call, I could not hear the voice of the caller, and vice a versa.

Found a workaround for this. This short video explains it very well.

Hope this helps.

@Mods, I have already shared this on S variant official review. Delete this post if required.
07CR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 13:05   #1442
BHPian

I've prepared a spreadsheet of the feature shuffle which has happened in Ford Cars from 2018 onwards. I have added as much as I remember and others can feel free to add more content to this spreadsheet as this will benefit potential buyers(especially those who are going for used ones) who are considering Ford cars. Hope this helps

Quick tip to skim through the spreadsheet: Red colour indicates the variant is discontinued and Green indicates a new feature being added. I have made 3 Tabs. First Tab for Ecosport(Facelift), 2nd for the Figo Triplets and last for the Endevaour.

Ford Feature Shuffle List.xlsx
jithin23 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 19:34   #1443
BHPian

An interesting find:

Ford Europe and USA offer dashcam as an OEM accessory and can be integrated to sync 3. How this gets launched in India soon.

Link to the thread for details:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-its-cars.html (Ford launches Dashcams for its cars)
Old 13th August 2021, 16:09   #1444
BHPian

So guys, I had booked Ford Ecosport in April and now finally taking delivery tomorrow. Thank you for all those who responded to my queries and gave their suggestions and thoughts. I am excited

I wanted to ask on which accessories would you suggest I should buy for new Eco sport? I love the Raptor grill with FORD written with LED lights but dealer is not able to provide the same. Any inputs on where can I get the same in Mumbai will be extremely helpful.

Also anything else I should get done immediately after taking delivery of car?

Please suggest

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th August 2021 at 18:53. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Old 11th September 2021, 16:39   #1445
BHPian

I am having couple of issues with my 2018 Ecosport petrol AT titanium.

1. The sound settings like bass, treble etc gets reset randomly. Sync 3. Service center updated the sync version to latest build (20204), but issue exists.

2. Horn sound get feeble, again intermittently. Sounds like only 1 horn is operating. The issue doesn’t last for more than 10 minutes. Service center is not able to fix it, mainly because i was not able to reproduce it at service center though it happens couple of times a week. They have changed the horn couple of times, didn’t help though.

Please share if any of you have seen this issue or any suggestions?

~Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 21:16   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj_joseph78 View Post
2. Horn sound get feeble, again intermittently. Sounds like only 1 horn is operating. The issue doesn’t last for more than 10 minutes. Service center is not able to fix it, mainly because i was not able to reproduce it at service center though it happens couple of times a week. They have changed the horn couple of times, didn’t help though.
I too faced Horn problem and after replacing it worked fine. Check the socket and fuse.

-Ravi

Last edited by aah78 : 18th September 2021 at 18:09. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please quote relevant sections only. Thanks!
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 16:05   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj_joseph78 View Post
1. The sound settings like bass, treble etc gets reset randomly. Sync 3. Service center updated the sync version to latest build (20204), but issue exists.
Facing the same issue, the dealership could not solve it for me either. I have a Nov-18 build car.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th September 2021 at 18:09. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please quote relevant sections only. Thanks!
anandseth01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 13:17   #1448

Hello Folks,

Currently covered 9400 kms/6 months in Ford Ecosport 2021 Petrol. Have come for 2nd free service and planing a tyre rotation as per universal 5 tyre rotation pattern.

Is the 16 inch Goodyear Assurance tyre unidirectional, meaning does it permit changing direction of rotation? No arrow is mentioned on tyre to indicate direction of rotation, thoroughly checked.

Will be followed by wheel alignment and balancing as well.

Regards,
Rishikesh
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20211120125905__01.jpg  

Old 29th December 2021, 16:49   #1449

Upgrading Ecosport FlyAudio with aftermarket HU

Hello,

My friend has Ford Ecosport Titanium Signature variant that comes with the FLYAUDIO based floating HU

I have scrolled through dozens of youtube videos and searched in amazon, etc but i still cannot find a decent android auto supported after market HU.

I want to change the current floating display with the one that supports android auto. The map in FLYAUDIO is simply useless

I am sure someone in this big forum has already faced this issue and have successfully modified the head unit. Please help me in finding a good one for my friend's car.

The VIN is JJ series
Old 29th January 2022, 21:58   #1450
BHPian

There are a couple of used ecosports top end versions petrol at around 9-10lakhs ranging from 2018-2019. Which year version is better overall. I don’t mind paying a lakh extra for a newer model but I have heard about some feature deletions. Also, is it a recommended buy considering fords exit? What is the mileage of the petrol AT?
Old 30th January 2022, 20:27   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar.Agarwal View Post
There are a couple of used ecosports top end versions petrol at around 9-10lakhs ranging from 2018-2019. Which year version is better overall. I don’t mind paying a lakh extra for a newer model but I have heard about some feature deletions. Also, is it a recommended buy considering fords exit? What is the mileage of the petrol AT?
Some key differences between 2018/2019 top end models:

2018:
Old MID
17” wheels, some models had TPMS
Sync 3, Cruise Control

Late 2018/Early 2019:
New MID
16” wheels, no TPMS
Sync 3, Cruise Control

Mid 2019 onwards(May/June):
New MID
16” wheels, no TPMS
Fly Audio instead of Sync 3
No cruise control
Sunroof

I have Feb 2019 Titanium+ AT.

From features point of view, early 2019 has most of features, missing only on sunroof and TPMS.

Mileage of AT:
Highways around 14, city 9 to 10.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 21:08   #1452
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I have 2019 EcoSport with 1.5 Dragon engine.

1) For the past few months, whenever I drive, in between there is sudden 2-3 jerks & immediately an error “See manual” on MID appears along with Check Engine Light. When I give input to accelerator pedal, the car jerks further & doesn’t run smoothly and I’ll have to stop aside & restart the car. Now, it runs smoothly but CEL remains and it goes after sometime.

However, this issue keeps coming back after few weeks either when I just start driving after initial idling of 1:30 minutes during cold start or when I’m driving at any speeds.

2) Also, sometimes when I let go of accelerator pedal, then it gives a jerk but the issue is not like the above where I have to stop, restart and also no CEL appears.

Does anyone know the problem behind this behavior, especially the first one? I’m planning to visit Ford Service Center this weekend.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 22nd March 2022 at 21:14. Reason: Added few more contents
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 20:41   #1453
BHPian

Wanted to provided an update to the above issue.

I went to Ford Service Center & they said that the O2 Sensor wires have been chewed by the rats.
So, it had to be replaced. However, the part was not in stock & it took 3 days to arrive but a wrong part was ordered.
So, had to wait 3 more days for the correct part to arrive.

Today, I went to Service Center & they replaced the part which costs Rs. 1600 & they also updated the PCM to latest version. Total bill came to Rs. 1900.

Now, the issue is solved with the replacement of this part & car is running smoothly.

I asked a technician on how to prevent rats from entering the engine bay. He suggested to put 'Kuber' in dry cloth & hang it on the bonnet joints or at the windshield washer bottle container. This will prevent them from entering. Has anyone done this technique?

Also, see below picture of the damaged O2 sensor part.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_7023_1.jpg

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 25th April 2022 at 20:43.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 10:53   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post

I asked a technician on how to prevent rats from entering the engine bay. He suggested to put 'Kuber' in dry cloth & hang it on the bonnet joints or at the windshield washer bottle container. This will prevent them from entering. Has anyone done this technique?
Bhupesh, i had tried this technique and several others. In spite of that i had issues with rats chewing my windshield washer tubes. So i resorted to shielding them using the old desktop calendar metal spirals and It's been 5 months since i tried this. So far successfully holding fort !
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_0430.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_0431.jpg  

sundarsarma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 14:01   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarsarma View Post
Bhupesh, i had tried this technique and several others. In spite of that i had issues with rats chewing my windshield washer tubes. So i resorted to shielding them using the old desktop calendar metal spirals and It's been 5 months since i tried this. So far successfully holding fort !
Hi sundarsarma,

Thanks for sharing your experience and the new technique you've discovered by using old desktop calendar metal spirals.

Great to know that no such incident has happened so far.

Can you tell me on which 'type of wires' have you implemented this technique?
Also, guessing that you've taken out the wires & then covered them with calendar metal spirals. Post this, you've reconnected them back to the engine bay in their respective areas.

--------------------

If this technique works well for the next few months, then I think you can share this method on below threads also:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-car-rats.html

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...nt-menace.html (Rat-proof Fencing as a solution for the rodent menace?)

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 8th May 2022 at 14:09. Reason: Added URL links.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks