Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 22:52   #1456
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Hi sundarsarma,

Can you tell me on which 'type of wires' have you implemented this technique?
Also, guessing that you've taken out the wires & then covered them with calendar metal spirals. Post this, you've reconnected them back to the engine bay in their respective areas.
Bhupesh, the best convenience of this method is that you don’t have to disconnect any wires. All you need iare the right circumference spirals.
Just grab all the circumference spirals that you might gets your hands on. You may not know which will fit for which wire/ hose.

Since these are metal spirals and also bit flexible, you will anyways have to pry it out from the calendar / diary. expand the gap a little
bit if required by hand itself, wrap / push over the wire / wirebunch / tube whatever and just press it back to fit to the shape. Only thing you have to ensure is there isn’t much gap convenient for the rat’s mouth.

Also, you can either cut or join as required. Please don't pay much attention to the looks, as it is inside a closed cabin anyways. All we should be caring now, is to safeguard the wires, than be bothered about aesthetics.

I am sorry , i don’t have a video of what i did. However, if you closely examine the pictures, you can figure out how i had done this.
--------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by
If this technique works well for the next few months, then I think you can share this method on below threads also:

[URL
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/2729-how-do-you-protect-your-car-rats.html[/url]
Thank you. I have already updated in this thread as well. Couple of more pictures here.
sundarsarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 18:21   #1457

Hi Fellow TeamBhpians,

I have purchased a Ford Ecosport 2021 Petrol 1.5 MT Titanium in May 2021, from Novelty Ford Jalandhar.

Within one year/approx 14K Kms of ownership, I have approached Saluja Ford in Chandigarh for a broken armrest component (pictures attached for reference), which upon investigation was found to be a child part in the armrest assembly.

Saluja Ford and the representatives have been promt and understanding, and I have obtained timely feedback from them. But I have been denied warranty claim from Ford India as per Saluja Ford. Shouldn't this part be covered under warranty or am I expecting too much from a manufacturer already shut shop in the country? In that case I will tone down my expectations for the family waali feeling.

Regards,
Rishikesh
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20220523175728.jpg  

Old 25th June 2022, 18:08   #1458
BHPian

Hey folks,

The recent battery test conducted by the Ford Service Center indicated weak battery & SC folks advised to get the battery changed.

Any suggestions for the replacement battery?

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th June 2022, 22:23   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey folks,

The recent battery test conducted by the Ford Service Center indicated weak battery & SC folks advised to get the battery changed.

Thanks in advance.
AMARON AAM-FL-555112054 55AH is a good buy. Check it out.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 08:01   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Small query regarding the 1.5's AT box, has anyone replaced the transmission fluid? What would be the ideal interval for the replacement?
Old 27th June 2022, 11:09   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey folks,

Thanks in advance.
I went for ford manufactured battery - installed by service center itself - I checked the price was competitive with amaron/exide. My first stock battery died after 3 1/2 years.
Old 4th July 2022, 18:25   #1462
BHPian

I have been looking for a used AT for my daily drive of nearly 90 Kms mix of highway + city to fill the time gap till the time more EV options are available to replace my i20 Active manual. Recently I came across an ad of a 2018 Titanium + Black Ecosport on ola autos at an attractive price tag of 6.80 Lakhs.
Seems enticing to me, I have scheduled a test drive tomorrow, to check it out by myself.
I have a few basic questions in mind which will help me decide, these are:
1. What is the fuel efficiency figure I should expect? 12-13 Km/L?
2. Ford service backup I understand is not compromised as of now, but I also hear a lot of senior mechanics moving to other brands, is there any real concern? Are spares or critical spares (this being Automatic) easily available? Or the cars need to sit at the workshop waiting for parts?
3. Should I have doubts regarding ability to sell this in 2 year's time? (keeping in mind Ford winding up the service backup too)
Inputs will help me decide better. TIA.
Old 5th October 2022, 09:50   #1463
BHPian

Hey folks,

I own a 2018 Ecosport Titanium plus AT version. A few months back due to carelessness of my driver the touch screen got damaged and now it behaves wonky all the time. I enquired with Ford service center and they quoted 30k for replacing the whole unit, which is quite high. Are there any lower cost alternatives to restoring the stock experience or should i go with a third party unit, the car is used mostly by my wife and she doesn't care about sync
Old 5th October 2022, 11:19   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
Hey folks,

I own a 2018 Ecosport Titanium plus AT version. I enquired with Ford service center and they quoted 30k for replacing the whole unit, which is quite high.
Depends on just how long you're planning to keep the car. I have the same car and I can confirm that the clarity and resolution of the touchscreen is on par with those in cars that cost you 3X times on road. The touchscreen HU of first generation XUV500 sells for 62+ K and it cannot hold a candle to the Ford unit.

My advise is, keep the car original; go for it.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 15:44   #1465
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I started my wife's car last week to take it for its annual service and the MID beeped a few times and showed a "check brake system " error. Searched T-BHP forums and figured it's something related to the car battery. The warning is a bit scary, but the brakes were working fine. Drove it slowly to the workshop. Reported this to the SA. He said he will get it checked. Turns out, this error does pop up when the battery is low. The explanation offered was that the ECU starts giving strange errors in a low battery situation. Not sure what the battery warning light in the dash is supposed to do?

The SA was offering a Ford Motorcraft battery, costing the same as an Amaron outside. Except that Ford was giving me a 1-year warranty and Amaron 30+25 months. SA also agreed that the Amaron deal was better. Went for the Amaron as it might outlast Ford Service backup in India :-). The battery guy did struggle to take it out of its bay due to the way it's mounted but figured it out eventually.

Sharing this with you guys in case a similar error pops up for any of you in the future.
Old 9th December 2022, 15:26   #1466
BHPian

Guys, is a May 2019 Titanium + petrol AT, 20k run, worth getting for 7.75? The car felt fine and looks new. Just wondering about resale and service.
Old 9th December 2022, 15:37   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandseth01 View Post
Hi Guys,

I started my wife's car last week to take it for its annual service and the MID beeped a few times and showed a "check brake system " error. Searched T-BHP forums and figured it's something related to the car battery. The warning is a bit scary, but the brakes were working fine. Drove it slowly to the workshop. Reported this to the SA. He said he will get it checked. Turns out, this error does pop up when the battery is low. The explanation offered was that the ECU starts giving strange errors in a low battery situation. Not sure what the battery warning light in the dash is supposed to do?

The SA was offering a Ford Motorcraft battery, costing the same as an Amaron outside. Except that Ford was giving me a 1-year warranty and Amaron 30+25 months. SA also agreed that the Amaron deal was better. Went for the Amaron as it might outlast Ford Service backup in India :-). The battery guy did struggle to take it out of its bay due to the way it's mounted but figured it out eventually.

Sharing this with you guys in case a similar error pops up for any of you in the future.
This is a common problem. My OEM battery lasted 4yrs and current Amaron battery which has 5yrs warranty is going strong after 4.5yrs. Will replace it after the 5yr mark. I hope you went for the 55AH one instead of 43. You can find more details in the post below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4446799 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Guys, is a May 2019 Titanium + petrol AT, 20k run, worth getting for 7.75? The car felt fine and looks new. Just wondering about resale and service.
No issues with service after Ford left, feels the same. Resale should be lower than competitors selling in India due to obvious reasons. You can use the OBV website to get fair value of used car, depending on condition. Bargain down more giving the reason about Ford's exit.

https://orangebookvalue.com/
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 21:00   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Ford service is holding up well in Bangalore so far. I am hanging on to my 7 year old Figo 1.5 AT for a bit longer as well based on good recent service experience. Parts availability is not too bad either.
ashenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 16:36   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I hope you went for the 55AH one instead of 43.
Thank you, yes did get the 55AH one.
anandseth01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 19:08   #1470
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this update.

Recently been to Chennai Ford Arumbakkam for reverse sensor repair. Right from start when I purchased Ford ES, I was in touch with Exec level in Ford india Service and Chennai Ford service team. During the last visit a received 2 new updates.

1. Chennai Ford Arumbakkam is now shifting to Maduravoyal. Somewhere near the Shell petrol pump and the new Tata Tanishq showroom.
The current showroom is being taken over by Kia Sales and service.

2. Most important update:

Since I’ve exec level contacts, I usually wander inside the service area to explore how service is being carried out. Just the curiosity to see mechanics of the car. Recently I noticed a Ford bulletin update for Ford Everest. Didn’t read completely but the relocation of service shop makes sense with this 2nd update.

Ford has 5 years service contract with the dealership across India for car service and 1 year just been passed.

I have been told that Ford is planning to come back to India with complete CBU units starting with Endeavour/Everest edition.

This is a welcome move by Ford however the prices of the car and spares may sky rocket for the CBU cars at least.
udayjani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks