Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2024, 01:33   #1531
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4Cars View Post
Hi Jithin,

I have really enjoyed your posts and modifications for your Ecosport. I have a question for you. Is it possible to install Isofix Seats in a 2021 Titanium MT model?
I regret not buying S variant that time and now in a situation where I am planning to sell a 3 year old 21k driven perfectly fine vehicle as I need 6 Airbags and Isofix for my kids.
Hi Love4cars, thank you so much for your kind your appreciation. This is the least I can do for the community. Yes you can change the seats from a Titanium + or S for accommodating the ISOFIX hooks. Else a cost effective solution is to cut only a small portion and add the ISOFIX hooks on the rear side of the back rest. That's doable.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 18:27   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
So, to close the conversation, here are all the parts they replaced in my Ecosport. It's a 2018 Petrol version, 1.5 Dragon Engine. I hope this helps everyone. If you are facing this "See Manual" or a sudden loss of power in your Ecosport, ask them to "Replace" all these parts.

Initially, they will try to "Reroute" the wiring. God knows, what they mean by that. It's a quick fix, but it's not guaranteed to work. In my case, they tried this twice, but it didn't solve the problem. Finally, in the third attempt, they replaced all these parts. It looks like it has worked, touch wood. I haven't seen the problem, after this activity. If I face it again, I will keep everyone posted.

They asked me to retain the wiring harness, they said to keep it for the connectors. If the wiring harness needs repairs, the connectors are good and can be reused. Overall, I would rate the experience as 8/10, Dhone Ford was proactive, transparent in the costs and arranged the parts within a week or so. Replacement took approx. 2 days, I left the car at the service centre on a Saturday and got it back on Monday.

Pictures are self-explanatory, so I won't put the captions...

Attachment 2504789

Attachment 2504788

Attachment 2504790

Attachment 2504791

Attachment 2504792
Good to know that your problem got resolved but ditto with the Diesels too. What happens is that the wires tend to get harder over a period of time and this used to bring in the check engine light on both my diesels as soon as they crossed 100,000 kms/ 6 yrs. This problem was caused due to wire chaffing in the bottom of the engine bay What we did was simple, we changed only the connector and I wasn't charged for it as we can claim goodwill warranty. I'd suggest to pick up the extended warranty(anytime warranty) till the 8th year, so that you don't have to pay a dime in case of such issues. Also, please clean the throttle body every three years regardless of fuel type.
Old 1st March 2024, 17:52   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Yes you can change the seats from a Titanium + or S for accommodating the ISOFIX hooks. Else a cost effective solution is to cut only a small portion and add the ISOFIX hooks on the rear side of the back rest. That's doable.
I tried searching for Split Rear Seats in Boodmo but unable to. Can you please elaborate on above solutions? Like where can I get this done ASC (ASC then part number approx cost if possible) or FNG (After buying X Parts from Y Source).
It was pretty confusing on Boodmo, and I remember asking one of the SA in ASC in Gurgaon and he flatly refused saying the hook for Isofix in the seat is part of the chassis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks