Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2018, 18:35   #211
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
I got the call I was waiting for a while now. My Ecosport is finally being allocated and I can expect delivery next week.
Congratulations sir! Is it Titanium+ diesel or petrol AT?

Quote:
I am a little worried by seeing different owners reporting issues with the tyres on the Titanium+. I am thinking of changing it with the more conventional 205/60R16, this would require a change in the alloy size as well (I am not a fan of the alloy design anyway). The resale value you have quoted seems too low for me. I will have to check with a few dealers here.
Won't this mess up the speedometer, FE and TPMS readings?

Quote:
I had a conversation with my SA regarding swapping my Titanium + wheels with those of the Titanium ones, but he straightaway refused. He mentioned that the dealership (his higher-ups) wouldn't allow this.
I too got this response both from the dealership and Ford customer care. I was thinking that this simple solution could have saved a lot of headache. But alas!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 20:46   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Congratulations sir! Is it Titanium+ diesel or petrol AT?
Thank you! It's a diesel.

Quote:
Won't this mess up the speedometer, FE and TPMS readings?
It took me a while to find this link. Check out the explanation given by BHPians Blurust & Aryayush on the TPMS. I am not too bothered about the FE. I have yet to verify this, but the speedo error should be minimal in this case. I will update this thread once I speak to some tyre dealers here. In the meanwhile if anyone has some information on this, please do share.
Old 15th February 2018, 21:50   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Check out the explanation given by BHPians Blurust & Aryayush on the TPMS.
They are talking about indirect TPMS and the posts are from before the launch. EcoSport is having physical/direct TPMS sensors in 4 wheels as shown in attached pics. Maybe you can take them off and install in the after-market alloys. Not sure if the system needs re-calibration after that.

Photo Credits: Facebook EcoSquads group(Ashkar Lessirey and Harshit Malav)
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-27788773_10159865314035063_2078721531742343722_o.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-27788797_1376263959145679_4519504224198854661_o.jpg  

FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 10:17   #214
BHPian

Few Observations about my Titanium+ Diesel:

1. Done 625 KMs so far
2. FE of 15 KMPL
3. It does suggest shift indicators (Up and Down both)
4. The Sync3 remembers the BT connection (plays songs from the same place) even after quick engine shut and start
5. Did not face any issue with Reverse Parking Guides so far
6. The engine clutter sound (in low gear and on low speeds) feels above normal to me. I may be wrong its my first diesel car, I am not sure if its normal in diesel cars.
7. I am not sure if the Hill Launch Assist (HLA) works in the Diesel top trim or not. I tried on slope (uphill and downhill ramp) but it did not seem to work the said 3 seconds. I felt it did not stop even for 1 second and started moving. Can someone confirm this point please?
8. One of the small panel just above the lever (inside near the driver door) to open bonnet found to be loose and upon touching it, it came out. Informed the SA, he asked me to come to the showroom and he would fix it.
9. Suspension feels on the harder side and it makes thud sound while crossing over even the average speed breakers. I feel that the front tires were momentarily in the air.
10. Upon hearing the issues of Low Profile 17 inch tires I am cautiously driving my car. I am more careful when I see a bad patches on road

Overall I am finding my car impressive (better than baleno). I fell in love with her initially and had bought it....I am loving it now. I am hoping that the above mentioned few nagging things will be taken care of when I visit the service center.
Anupam1024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 09:43   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
7. I am not sure if the Hill Launch Assist (HLA) works in the Diesel top trim or not. I tried on slope (uphill and downhill ramp) but it did not seem to work the said 3 seconds. I felt it did not stop even for 1 second and started moving. Can someone confirm this point please?
Hi, you need to have your first gear or reverse gear engaged for hill start assist to work, when on slope..it doesn't work on neutral..same goes for automatic transmission..the car should either be on D or R.
blurust is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 09:52   #216
BHPian

Guys, I am really confused and concerned at the same time.
The number of issues creeping up with 17" Tyres on Titanium+ AT and the lack of options for replacement are drawing me away from taking delivery of my Titanium+ AT.
My SA at Elite Ford called yesterday and mentioned that my car is in transit and would be here by next weekend. He is asking me to complete all the formalities ASAP.

But after reading through the posts of members who already took delivery of their facelifted Titanium+ AT's with 17" low profile tyre issue being the common factor among those, I am really taken aback by Ford's decision to put 17" low profile rims for Indian conditions.

I am seriously thinking to cancel my booking now and wait for some more time so that Ford can iron out these issues (maybe with the next upcoming variants) and wriggle out other quality related issues being reported.

Need some valuable advice from existing owners and admins out here.
Old 18th February 2018, 09:53   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Hi, you need to have your first gear or reverse gear engaged for hill start assist to work, when on slope..it doesn't work on neutral..same goes for automatic transmission..the car should either be on D or R.
Thanks a ton blurust. I will try it today 😊
Old 18th February 2018, 11:59   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Guys, I am really confused and concerned at the same time.
The number of issues creeping up with 17" Tyres on Titanium+ AT and the lack of options for replacement are drawing me away from taking delivery of my Titanium+ AT.

I am seriously thinking to cancel my booking now and wait for some more time so that Ford can iron out these issues (maybe with the next upcoming variants) and wriggle out other quality related issues being reported.
I am awaiting my T+ AT and being cautiously optimistic that this issue might not be that widespread. I don't have the full data with me but till now only 10-11 T+ owners have reported tyre issues across multiple Facebook and WhatsApp groups. I am not sure if that's a big percentage or not. There might be many others outside of these groups who would have faced this issue; we never know. At the same time there are many T+ owners whose tyres are just fine.

The important thing here is that Ford should take responsibility and appropriate action for customer satisfaction. I don't think they would issue a recall or give us higher profile tyres in T+ anytime soon. They might change the tyre OEM in the upcoming batches or instruct the dealers to replace the tyres free of cost for anyone who comes to them with cracks/bulges.

Or we can proactively go for tyre/size upgrade. It would cost a bit more right off the bat, but would give better ride quality and peace of mind.

Kindly check with your SA/dealership/service manager if they have received any communication from Ford regarding tyre issue and its resolution. Or atleast threaten with cancellation and ask them to get official response from Ford.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 10:08   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Or we can proactively go for tyre/size upgrade. It would cost a bit more right off the bat, but would give better ride quality and peace of mind.

Kindly check with your SA/dealership/service manager if they have received any communication from Ford regarding tyre issue and its resolution. Or atleast threaten with cancellation and ask them to get official response from Ford.
Thanks for the suggestion. Even I was thinking of doing the same. I'll be doing some hard talking with my SA this coming Saturday and then see where it goes from there.

All in all I am ready to cancel my booking and wait for some more time rather than get some bad quality stuff right now and repent later.
Old 19th February 2018, 11:45   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
8. One of the small panel just above the lever (inside near the driver door) to
I do have Titanium+ Diesel which is a month old and am in process or writing initial ownership review. HLA does work fantastically. I had driven extensively in Munnar/Ghat Roads and no complaints.
Good place to test this in MLCP in office or in really steep/slope roads (somewhere like in Rajaji Nagar in Bangalore for example)

However, there seems to be an occasional defect. Rarely, the HLA settings gets disabled. When we start the car, the MID shows it is not enabled automatically. I have to manually enable it in MID to make it work. Am still trying to figure out at what scenario HLA settings gets disabled automatically although when i explicitly enabled in my previous drive and switched off the engine.

BTW, on a different note, i found that TPM is not working and sensors are not detecting correct tyre pressure. Anyone else facing the problem?

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 12:06   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I do have Titanium+ Diesel which is a month old and am in process or writing initial ownership review. HLA does work fantastically. I had driven extensively in Munnar/Ghat Roads and no complaints.
Good place to test this in MLCP in office or in really steep/slope roads (somewhere like in Rajaji Nagar in Bangalore for example)

However, there seems to be an occasional defect. Rarely, the HLA settings gets disabled. When we start the car, the MID shows it is not enabled automatically. I have to manually enable it in MID to make it work. Am still trying to figure out at what scenario HLA settings gets disabled automatically although when i explicitly enabled in my previous drive and switched off the engine.

BTW, on a different note, i found that TPM is not working and sensors are not detecting correct tyre pressure. Anyone else facing the problem?

-Ravi
HLA works fine for me on T+ Petrol AT. TPMS does report the values in an acceptable range for me. I have 34 PSI Nitrogen in all tires, and TPMS always shows a value in the range of 33-35, rarely going up to 36. As the tires heat up, the pressure would be going up slightly. This must be the reason for the fluctuating values.
Old 19th February 2018, 13:37   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post

Quote:
blurust
's advice regarding how to use HLA was really helpful. I tried it in the 1st gear on a uphill ramp and it worked really fine. Thanks to blurust for the much needed help and thanks to you as well for confirming the working HLA in top trim of diesel ford ecosport 2017 facelift.

Quote:
The TPMS in my car seems to be working fine. May be I need to check it at refill station to match the pressure on their machine with our car's TPMS reading.
Old 20th February 2018, 14:40   #223
BHPian

Just encountered this update that Ford India replacing all the affected tires in 2017 Ecosport Facelift.

https://www.cartoq.com/ford-ecosport...mer-complaint/
Anupam1024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 12:20   #224
BHPian

Quick question guys, can someone confirm if we can get the 3rd and 4th year warranty sometime later, and not necessarily at the time of buying the vehicle?

I just spoke with my SA and he said that if I would be buying the extended warranty at a later time, the charges would shot up by Rs. 1500. It seems illogical to me.
Old 21st February 2018, 12:54   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question guys, can someone confirm if we can get the 3rd and 4th year warranty sometime later, and not necessarily at the time of buying the vehicle?

I just spoke with my SA and he said that if I would be buying the extended warranty at a later time, the charges would shot up by Rs. 1500. It seems illogical to me.
The SA seems to be right here. Please visit below link for more details on warranty. You can very Much take 3rd & 4th year warranty on any day from day 1 to day 729.

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/extended-warranty/

Most Viewed