Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2019, 08:48   #721
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Everyone is complaining about the FE of the ecosport petrol AT but no one complains of equally bad FE of the Hyundai Verna and Creta petrol AT. Just don't understand the logic. IMHO Hyundais have aways escaped the tag of fuel guzzlers right from the i10 days when they hardly gave 10 kmpl in the city for a compact city runabout.
Rightly pointed out! I am curious to know if any torque converter AT with ~1.5L petrol engine and that weight gives more FE than EcoSport. AMT might have given better FE but then its nowhere as smooth as a TC and then the CVT has that annoying rubber band effect.
Old 18th January 2019, 10:08   #722
BHPian

Sideloaded Ford Alexa. If you have amazon music, it works great. No more easy to lose usb stick. If you can finds WAZE , that works too. Just remember to disable android auto.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/ford-m...W__KqFZgRzXcwI

Last edited by proton : 18th January 2019 at 10:10. Reason: Spelling
Old 18th January 2019, 10:59   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Rightly pointed out! I am curious to know if any torque converter AT with ~1.5L petrol engine and that weight gives more FE than EcoSport. AMT might have given better FE but then its nowhere as smooth as a TC and then the CVT has that annoying rubber band effect.
Weight of ecosport is the problem here. I think it's the heaviest 4m car in India. Ciaz, a much bigger car, given 13 kmpl with just 4 speed AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Everyone is complaining about the FE of the ecosport petrol AT but no one complains of equally bad FE of the Hyundai Verna and Creta petrol AT. Just don't understand the logic. IMHO Hyundais have aways escaped the tag of fuel guzzlers right from the i10 days when they hardly gave 10 kmpl in the city for a compact city runabout.
My complaint about FE is just a statement of fact, not criticism of Ford's engineering. Verna was also on my shortlist, and one of the reasons for dropping it was FE.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th January 2019 at 11:34. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 22:26   #724
BHPian

I visited Rudra Ford, Mira Road for the second service for my EcoSport Titanium+ AT .

The tasks to be performed were
  1. Second Service
  2. Enable Auto lock
  3. Installation of 5th TPMS sensor for the spare wheel
  4. 3M Under body coating - check and repeat
  5. Wheel rotation, alignment and balancing
  6. Fix sharp edge on front door handle
  7. A couple of paint touch-ups on the bumper
  8. Engine coat (Claimed to get rid of rodents, and makes engine bay look nice and shiny)

I wanted the 5th TPMS sensor for the spare wheel so that I could go for 5 wheel rotation and use the 5th wheel equally. The added advantage is that now I won't be getting the TPMS malfunction error every time I put the spare wheel on. The spare wheel (with new TPMS sensor) was put on front right, and the rest of the wheels were rotated , with the rear left becoming the new spare.

Auto lock had refused to get enabled on my car for some reason, and finally it was done. My SA, Mr. Muthu gave me the good news that auto lock has finally been enabled on my car, and I could only congratulate him. Once the car was ready, I promptly headed down to the service center (10 mins from my home) to do a TD and check if all was well. This is when, for first time, I heard the click of the car locking when I crossed 20 km/h during the TD. All was well with the car and the payment and other formalities were completed.

The total damages came to be 6138/- inclusive of taxes

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-10k-service-page-1.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-10k-service-page-2.jpg

A very good job done by Rudra Ford.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 09:45   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
* Auto headlamp work accurately. By the time I feel the need to switch on the headlights, they are already on. ....
I actually find them too sensitive with the headlights turning on too early and there is no sensitivity adjuster as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I visited Rudra Ford, Mira Road for the second service for my EcoSport Titanium+ AT .

The tasks to be performed were
  1. ..
  2. ..
  3. Installation of 5th TPMS sensor for the spare wheel
I wanted the 5th TPMS sensor for the spare wheel so that I could go for 5 wheel rotation and use the 5th wheel equally...
How do they calibrate the sensors when you do rotation, so the tyre positions are identified correctly ?
Old 21st January 2019, 10:27   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
How do they calibrate the sensors when you do rotation, so the tyre positions are identified correctly ?
You just need to reset TPMS and the sensors will get picked up automatically.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 12:34   #727
BHPian

Can we install TPMS on models without one?
Old 21st January 2019, 14:35   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Can we install TPMS on models without one?
I am not sure about that. You would need to check with your SA. After market TPMS may turn out to be cheaper.
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:24   #729
BHPian

Ok so now finally the decision was to go ahead for Titanium + Manual petrol. Zeroed in on the colour and was then informed by the dealer that the waiting time for the said model will be till 15th Feb. Upon crosschecking with Ford, the waiting for Titanium + manual is way higher, and I will have to wait till May/June 2019

Quote:
Greetings from Ford India Pvt. Ltd. (“Ford”)!

We are in receipt of your mail and noted down the contents of the same.

We are delighted to know that you wish to purchase Ford All New Ecosport vehicle. We take this opportunity to thank you for patronizing our product and we are much pleased to learn the passion that you have shown towards owning our Ford brand.

Further to our telecom we wish to inform you that Ford All New Ecosport 1.5 P Titanium + MT variant is a Limited version and appropriate to the market requirement since is not scheduled currently and it would be available by May 2019 end or June 2019 1st half, we kindly request you to choose an alternate/available model and let us know, we will make sure and align dealer to get this delivery at the earliest post your confirmation.

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd January 2019 at 16:24.
akp666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 16:53   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp666 View Post
Ok so now finally the decision was to go ahead for Titanium + Manual petrol. Zeroed in on the colour and was then informed by the dealer that the waiting time for the said model will be till 15th Feb. Upon crosschecking with Ford, the waiting for Titanium + manual is way higher, and I will have to wait till May/June 2019
This one is simply unacceptable from Ford. When your company is struggling to get a foothold with just 1.x% market share, stupid waiting period makes no sense.

Specially when Ford has only two main platform in sale. Figo family and this EcoSport. None of these cars are clocking numbers which may justify such 4/5 months waiting period.

I guess Ford management is giving export production priority over domestic sales.

Only good thing I find is their transparent response. Others may have given false promises to keep on dragging the matter to make the sale happen but here they are atleast telling you up front the actual waiting period.
Old 23rd January 2019, 19:55   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
I guess Ford management is giving export production priority over domestic sales.

Only good thing I find is their transparent response. Others may have given false promises to keep on dragging the matter to make the sale happen but here they are atleast telling you up front the actual waiting period.
You are right. Ford dispatched around 4000 to 5000 EcoSport's every month. I guess they are happy with this model. It's good that they are transparent.

Keeping the waiting times aside, I am really happy with the ASS. It's the best service experience (from cost, timeliness, transparency perspective) that I have experienced between Maruti, Hyundai, Volkswagen and Ford. The ASS is one of the reasons why I will always recommend Ford vehicles.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 21:25   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp666 View Post
Upon crosschecking with Ford, the waiting for Titanium + manual is way higher, and I will have to wait till May/June 2019
Whoa! That's way too high! Titanium+ Manual petrol was launched later to cater to customers demanding a fully loaded petrol manual back when Titanium Plus was the topmost variant. I guess the Signature variant would be more popular now than the Titanium+ manual due to the sunroof. Could be one of the reasons for such a long waiting period.
Old 28th January 2019, 22:34   #733
BHPian

Engine Noise Update:

The Engine noise is still not being resolved by my dealer even after escalating to Ford India MD and William Ford Junior in USA. All they are saying is that the Whistling noise coming from the engine at low RPM is operational noise and cannot removed.

It's been more than 3 weeks, I'm yet to get the list of parts they have changed inside the engine bay. The lame reason they gave is the work-order is still open.

I'm not sure what else to try here to remove the Whistling noise. I feel annoyed and embarrassing when people listen to the whistling noise and look at me especially while in malls during parking and bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Any help from fellow BHPians using Petrol AT facing similar noise would be highly appreciated. Even if there is no one facing the issue, I'd request you to help me get rid of this noise. Should I consider the vehicle getting inspected by a local mechanic or different dealer in city?
udayjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 04:31   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Engine Noise Update:

The Engine noise is still not being resolved by my dealer .
Any help from fellow BHPians using Petrol AT facing similar noise would be highly appreciated. Even if there is no one facing the issue, I'd request you to help me get rid of this noise. Should I consider the vehicle getting inspected by a local mechanic or different dealer in city?
See my post#686, where I identified the most likely source of the noise to be AC compressor clutch. This clutch is open to air, and if the air gap is not adjusted correctly during MANUFACTURE, then the noise is inevitable.

Google "noise from AC clutch" for a comprehensive explanation.

Last edited by proton : 29th January 2019 at 04:33.
proton is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 05:04   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
See my post#686, where I identified the most likely source of the noise to be AC compressor clutch. This clutch is open to air, and if the air gap is not adjusted correctly during MANUFACTURE, then the noise is inevitable.

Google "noise from AC clutch" for a comprehensive explanation.
Would the AC compressor clutch cause noise even with the AC turned OFF?

I've never tried that, but I will try it today and update you on this. However if the noise still comes with the AC OFF, do you know the source of the problem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks