Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2019, 19:33   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
What is this feature of flat bed seats? I have a April 2018 manufactured Titanium+ AT. Not sure if I have it.
Please have a look at the below thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...argo-area.html (Cars with seats folding down into a flat cargo area)

Also, please find below link for the procedure to make flat bed:

Hope it helps!

Last edited by RedStallion : 18th March 2019 at 19:39.
RedStallion is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 09:00   #812
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Got the car repaired at Talera ford service center, Wagholi, Pune. Took 3 days. No problems with the cheap insurance I bought from Go Digit. Total bill was 20k, I had to pay 1600 with comprehensive insurance.
I presume you bought the insurance directly from Digit and not through the dealer. Was this a cashless repair or you had to go through the claim-settlement route?

I had bought Ford Preferred insurance (Tata AIG) from the dealer itself. Fortunately hasn't been used yet. My insurance will be up for renewal in June. The dealership manager had clearly mentioned that cashless facility won't be provided if insurance was not bought through them.

I've read numerous contradictory reports here in Team BHP and also in my Facebook group. Some owners have received cashless facility even if insurance was bought directly from the insurance company. Others have suffered when cashless facility was denied by the service station, and they suddenly had to arrange huge amount of money to release their car and later claim it back from the insurer. So I am in massive confusion whether to renew my car insurance from dealer or not
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 11:10   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
I presume you bought the insurance directly from Digit and not through the dealer. Was this a cashless repair or you had to go through the claim-settlement route?

I had bought Ford Preferred insurance (Tata AIG) from the dealer itself. Fortunately hasn't been used yet. My insurance will be up for renewal in June. The dealership manager had clearly mentioned that cashless facility won't be provided if insurance was not bought through them.

I've read numerous contradictory reports here in Team BHP and also in my Facebook group. Some owners have received cashless facility even if insurance was bought directly from the insurance company. Others have suffered when cashless facility was denied by the service station, and they suddenly had to arrange huge amount of money to release their car and later claim it back from the insurer. So I am in massive confusion whether to renew my car insurance from dealer or not
My dealer tried to pull the same stunt with me when I was haggling with him before booking my EcoSport last year. His new car insurance quote was almost double that of the quotes i found on policybazaar and CoverFox. But a casual threat about IRDAI not mentioning anything about dealer- or brand-specific insurance for cashless or smooth claims, made him beat a hasty retreat. Dealers will keep saying that they will not honor claims cleanly or fast if the insurance hasn't been bought from them, but tell them that you know that is illegal and won't hesitate to report to IRDAI if they try something funny. This usually does the job. Now, how smoothly they choose to process your claim in case something happens and you go to their workshop is a different story altogether. Many people (including my own family) purchase and renew insurance from the dealer simply to avoid a headache and further hassles.
spectre13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 11:15   #814
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
..... Some owners have received cashless facility even if insurance was bought directly from the insurance company. Others have suffered when cashless facility was denied by the service station, and they suddenly had to arrange huge amount of money to release their car and later claim it back from the insurer. So I am in massive confusion whether to renew my car insurance from dealer or not
Why not get a direct quote from your dealer's preferred insurance provider and ask him to match the price?

To answer the cashless claims question, ask the insurer directly. Dealer has a vested interest in selling you overpriced insurance so will never give you an honest answer. If the provider has cashless tie-up with your dealer ASS, there's little the dealer can do to deny claim processing irrespective of how you purchased your policy.
Old 19th March 2019, 11:23   #815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre13 View Post
This usually does the job.
The Bodyshop and Insurance manager at Talera Nigdi are thick-skinned; no amount of escalation or emails (with them in cc) to Ford or IRDAI Ombudsman could change their stance on not providing cashless since the Insurance policy was not taken from a dealer.

Ford customer care wasn't exactly helpful; I was told "there should be some incentive for Ford dealer".

A BHPian had better experience with Talera Wagholi who did a cashless process of the claim even with a non-dealer policy without any hassles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Why not get a direct quote from your dealer's preferred insurance provider and ask him to match the price?
Insurance policies carry an Agent code; when you take the policy through the dealer, the dealer code is mentioned. So, they can easily figure it out and throw tantrums. Ford has four preferred vendors and Talera Nigdi refused cashless even though my policy was with one of those, just because I had got it done through an agent.

Other Ford dealers have assured they will honor cashless as long as it is with one of Ford's preferred vendors.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 12:00   #816
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
...they can easily figure it out and throw tantrums...
Precisely why I suggested finding out direct renewal cost from dealer-preferred provider, then negotiating a mutually agreeable deal with the vendor.

These guys prey on our middle-class hassle/conflict avoidance mindset, and it's a travesty the manufacturers side with them while our toothless regulators look on silently.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 08:56   #817
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, I bought directly from Digit with new car purchase. Despite the fact that the car dealer (PPS Ford) reduced the car discount by 5k for not buying insurance from him. I still saved money.

I was skeptical about the service I would get from Digit, having never heard of them. But since I have never claimed insurance, I took the risk.

Quote:
Go with Digit. Even if the dealer denies cashless, Digit directly transfers the amount to your bank account before you make the payment. Actually even before you send the the car for repair, you can register the claim and send them the pics (no forms!). They approve the claim and send a very conservative estimate to you. Then if you want, they transfer the amount to you.

Now to get actual amount, you give it for repair and get estimate. And tell digit that they are not giving cashless. I think
they will pay you this revised payment also directly. Need to confirm this, because I got cashless facility.

Apart from the claim process, Digit also has a pleasant approach. Their policy document is written in very simple language, explaining the jargon in layman terms. They also explain reasoning behind some policies which some people may find unfair. They regularly send emails educating about claim process, car safety and encouraging you to file claims.
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 09:45   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Apart from the claim process, Digit also has a pleasant approach. Their policy document is written in very simple language, explaining the jargon in layman terms. They also explain reasoning behind some policies which some people may find unfair. They regularly send emails educating about claim process, car safety and encouraging you to file claims.
Good to hear about this. Digit generally quotes the lowest premium when checking on ports such as Policy Bazaar. Do they have any physical offices in major cities where one can drop in for purchase or renewal of products, or is the only means of communication with them their customer service centres?
Old 20th March 2019, 12:35   #819
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got a chance to remove the tyres in the new ES model using the OEM spanner?. Is there any play felt on the cap of the wheel nuts?
Old 20th March 2019, 13:07   #820
BHPian

Has anyone replaced the Fly Audio Unit in facelifted Ecosport (which comes in versions other than T+ & S) with aftermarket Head Units which support Android Auto/Car Play?

Is it possible? Which brands have compatibility?
Old 20th March 2019, 20:26   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
How can it be possible sir, as per the manual only first batch of titanium variant of EcoSport came with sync 3 but had no speed sensing door locks
It's not possible to have both sync 3 ICE with speed sensing door locks in titanium variant
Kindly correct me if I'm wrong and kindly let me know if there is a way in which we can get it activated in first batch of new EcoSport titanium plus variant as I current own a Dec17 facelift model of EcoSport Titanium plus

It is very much possible to have both Sync 3 ICE and speed sensing auto door lock. In fact, there is no co-relation between speed sensing auto door lock and SYNC 3 or FlyAudio ICE. At present, Ford is providing speed sensing auto door lock in all the models of EcoSport and option to enable it in earlier batches (when speed sensing auto door lock was not provided).

Just visit any of the service center and get it enabled. If it did not get update for your VIN by FRDS, you need to do a follow-up with Ford (though there is minimal chance for that), after that Ford will provide it for your specific VIN.
As one of my friend from Pune got it for his Titanium+ at Talera Ford, only after follow-up with Ford, and I got it enabled in first attempt for my Titanium+ (bought in Nov'17).
Old 20th March 2019, 20:37   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Has anyone got a chance to remove the tyres in the new ES model using the OEM spanner?. Is there any play felt on the cap of the wheel nuts?
Around 15 days back, I had sidewall crack in one of my tyre, then I changed it with spare one with the help of OEM spanner only. It was a perfect fit and there was no play at all.
nkumarblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 09:55   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is a common problem with wheel nuts used on all Ford's with alloy wheels. There is a decorative cap around the actual nut which is quite soft and deforms especially when pneumatic tools are used incorrectly. Have faced this issue on my Figo as well and finally bought new bolts and replaced them all.

Try to avoid pneumatic tool as much as possible to avoid this issue.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 21st March 2019 at 10:00.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 10:10   #824
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I replaced 5 of them out of the 22 on the car. All 5 were fully deformed.

As mentioned by fiat_tarun, the shiny chrome part is just a cap made of soft metal to hide the actual nut.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 11:59   #825
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
As mentioned by fiat_tarun, the shiny chrome part is just a cap made of soft metal to hide the actual nut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Try to avoid pneumatic tool as much as possible to avoid this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumarblr View Post
It was a perfect fit and there was no play at all.
Arunphilip had updated some posts in the ES 2013 thread as well. It is good that it is addressed in the new model.

Had a talk with a technician yesterday. As said by many, the cap is just a decorative one and its size is 19mm. If it is deformed, it can be removed and an 18mm spanner can be used to remove the wheel nut.

@ Tarun - Where did you buy the new nuts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks