Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2020, 10:54   #1306
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
AFAIK, it is possible but it will set you back by around 20K or so. You can contact your Ford dealer to find out the exact cost. IMO it's not worth it at that price just for the chrome ring dials and that slightly bigger MID.
I agree that it's a bit costly affair just for Chrome rings and a little larger MID but the most important part is that no Ford dealer or FASS is ready to do it or at least agrees to it or at least tries to do it as they directly deny swapping stating it simply can't be done!!
If any one of the esteemed TeamBHPians know where it would be done and must preferably be a FASS kindly let me know!
Rakshith220 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 21:09   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
I agree that it's a bit costly affair just for Chrome rings and a little larger MID but the most important part is that no Ford dealer or FASS is ready to do it or at least agrees to it or at least tries to do it as they directly deny swapping stating it simply can't be done!!
There is similar discussion going on in one of the EcoSport FB group. One of the owner has commented saying that he has done a DIY and would be posting more details soon. You may want to follow that thread at this link.

Edit: I just realized that it was also asked by a owner named Rakshith. I am assuming that's you.

Last edited by Funny : 11th July 2020 at 21:11.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 04:17   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
There is similar discussion going on in one of the EcoSport FB group. One of the owner has commented saying that he has done a DIY and would be posting more details soon. You may want to follow that thread at this link.

Edit: I just realized that it was also asked by a owner named Rakshith. I am assuming that's you.
Yes it was Rakshith himself and a person named Naveen Kumar has done it. Though he sourced a used speedometer from Europe, there was not PCM or BCM changes required. He'll be documenting the steps for the speedo upgrade soon!

The stock speedo which he had
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20200619wa0011.jpg

The updated speedo which he installed on his own and it's procured from eBay Europe(costs about 40-50€ for a used speedometer)
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20200619wa0010.jpg
jithin23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 15:08   #1309
BHPian

Quote:

Yes you are correct..! That is me on the FB Group as well..!
Rakshith220 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 15:55   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Yes it was Rakshith himself and a person named Naveen Kumar has done it. Though he sourced a used speedometer from Europe, there was not PCM or BCM changes required. He'll be documenting the steps for the speedo upgrade soon!

The stock speedo which he had
Attachment 2029369

The updated speedo which he installed on his own and it's procured from eBay Europe(costs about 40-50€ for a used speedometer)
Attachment 2029370
Will there be any issue if you fit a Petrol speedometer in a Diesel as the new rev counter is marked till 8K rpm?
Old 12th July 2020, 16:02   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Will there be any issue if you fit a Petrol speedometer in a Diesel as the new rev counter is marked till 8K rpm?
No issues. My friend who did this has not had any issues after the mod. It's just that one will realize that the max power of the car goes only up to half the RPM limit

As a matter of fact XUV500 has rev counter till 7,000 rpm for the diesel and petrol.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 07:56   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Two days back, I was driving my Ecosport 2018 Titanium+ AT to get some bottled water. All of a sudden, I felt some jerks and saw a yellow spanner light (powertrain) on the dashboard. The gear shifts became very jerky and to play it safe I pulled over and stopped the car.

On restarting the car, the same warning indication lit up and after some time the yellow engine light also appeared. I turned the car around & managed to drive home and park the car.

With the car in "P", I revved up a bit and felt that the growl had become noisier, however, all 3 cylinders seemed to be firing.

Called up Ford Roadside Assistance, who said that they will need to take the car to the workshop asap; and said that they will call me beck in some time. Half an hour later, I got a call from a towing company and they said that it is not possible for them to tow the car due to the lockdown - so I have to wait till 15th April to see what next !

Will keep you updated - looks like a sensor issue to me.
Update on my EcoSport

Ford took my car on 8th June and after checking they found the MAF (Multi Air Flow) Sensor defective. Got the part after a wait of about 10-12 days and fitted. The car has been running well since then.
rpunwani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 11:10   #1313
BHPian

Ford has introduced a Petrol Titanium Automatic variant which is cheaper than the already available AT offered in the top spec Titanium+.
Features not available in the new variant are:
Side and curtain Airbags
Electrochromic or Auto inner review view mirror
Rear arm-rest with cup holders
Sunglass holder
Rain sensing wipers
Auto headlamps
Sunroof
60/40 rear seat split.....among others.

Source: https://www.91wheels.com/news/ford-e...utomatic-price

https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecos...l-titanium-at/

Last edited by Prakritij : 16th July 2020 at 11:15.
Old 29th July 2020, 22:16   #1314
BHPian

A question for Titanium+ owners: The SA informed me that due to the 6-airbag configuration and consequent airbags in the seats, seatcovers are not an option. In that case, how has your experience been regarding the upkeep of the fabric seats? The light grey colour of the seat-fabric seems particularly prone to get grimy and collect dirt and I would really appreciate any tips on keeping it looking good.

I did a lengthy test drive today and it seems the perfect successor for my Fusion, but I'm used to the aftermarket leatherette covers for so long, I'm certain I've been taking things for granted regarding the upkeep of the seats and am worried that any bad habits I may have picked up will ruin the fabric.
Old 30th July 2020, 10:19   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punatic View Post
A question for Titanium+ owners: The SA informed me that due to the 6-airbag configuration and consequent airbags in the seats, seatcovers are not an option. In that case, how has your experience been regarding the upkeep of the fabric seats? The light grey colour of the seat-fabric seems particularly prone to get grimy and collect dirt and I would really appreciate any tips on keeping it looking good.
I own a Titanium S variant which is similarly specced to the titanium plus variant. With side airbags being in the seats, I have neither gone for seat covers yet nor i intend to in the future.We paid for that extra safety feature and why would we want to jeopardize it?
I just use a long Turkish towel(similar to bath towels) in a dark shade(dark grey in my case to keep it subtle) on the seats. It covers just the front portion of the seats leaving the sides free. I pin it behind the head rest with help of some safety pins. This towel helps to keep the sweat away from seats, helps in case of small spillings and is easy to be removed and washed.

And for cleaning and maintenance, I use the carpro Inside along with carpro PERL to bring back the seats to its old normal. But i must admit here that I dont use my car quite often and it mostly stays parked in my garage. So it doesn't need regular cleaning and dont know how my kind of method would keep up in a daily driven car. But yes, you could give it a try even though usage of towels is very old school.
But there are now airbag friendly seat covers available (with openings at the sides for airbag), honestly for me it just looks awkward and it does nothing extra that my towels couldn't do. If you are driving often with rear seat passengers you would find it useful as the rear seat covers are just normal type and doesn't have anything to do with airbags. But then again I would refrain from using any type of covers on my front seats.
blueeyed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 14:24   #1316
BHPian

Thanks for the response blueeyed, food for thought for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
there are now airbag friendly seat covers available (with openings at the sides for airbag), honestly for me it just looks awkward and it does nothing extra that my towels couldn't do.
Not sure how good an idea that is, but thanks for bringing this possibility to my attention. It sounds a bit weird, and I totally agree with what you're thinking regarding why would we want to jeopardize safety. Hence my original query seeking tips for keeping the seats clean and whether experience suggests it's not too tough to keep them clean. Will definitely look into the carpro products you recommended.

Quote:
If you are driving often with rear seat passengers you would find it useful as the rear seat covers are just normal type and doesn't have anything to do with airbags.
Just me and my wife, so possibility of rear-seat spillages is further reduced thankfully.

Quote:
But then again I would refrain from using any type of covers on my front seats.
Noted. The dealer rep also suggested the airbag-friendly seat covers today when I brought it up during his follow-up phone-call and how he'd get me in touch with a vendor in Pune for the same. Will do some more research, but I think I'll be better off being more careful with the existing seat fabric rather than tampering with the functioning of the airbags. Once again, thanks for replying!
Old 1st August 2020, 21:12   #1317
BHPian

Pathetic experience with Cauvery Ford, Mangalore!

I will try to be as precise as possible. I had few issues cropped up in my 25k run ecosport diesel mill and thought of getting it checked at Ford ASC. I have been regular with PPS Ford, Lalbagh for all my cars since the time they opened their new branch in Lalbagh. Given the current COVID-19 situation like many Bangaloreans I too moved to my hometown which is nearly 50kms from Mangalore. I don’t have any choice as Cauvery Ford is the only ASC we got here. Took prior appointment and visited the facility. I had specifically asked SA to check below issues.

Issue 1. RPM increases suddenly while depressing clutch during idle and occasional jerk seen while moving in first gear.

Issue 2. “Brake applied Power reduces” getting poped up in the console whenever brake is engaged.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-2530cee2a8f1450fa5c13f8a44ad3a51.jpeg

Issue 3. There were some deposits of green grease like thing spread above the driveshaft.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-a4efd340f665472d95f5fdddc559bd63.jpeg

SA informed that he will get someone connect to FDRS and get it checked. I chose to wait and as customer lounge is pretty near service bay, so I could see the car from inside the lounge. From 30mins all I could see one technician fiddling with laptop connected to OBD port. After one hr, SA brought the car back and informed they don’t have accelerator peddle sensor (I don’t know about this, all I asked them to check if brake switch needs to replaced) and will order it, can bring the car after 4 -5days. He also informed, there were no grease deposits seen and he didn’t say a word about the 1st issue reported. I was totally annoyed by this shitty diagnosis. They didn’t put the car on ramp, nor they tried to remove the left wheel to check for the source of leakage. Angrily I asked him to put the car on the ramp and asked to remove the left wheel.

Immediately car was put in ramp and I showed them the grease deposits. At first instance he said it might be cow dung which was splashed. Next he said it might from outside as he never saw such thing from inside of any component in the engine bay. I was a mute spectator of this high drama and finally better sense prevailed and they agreed it is from the car itself. Upon carefully rotating the drive shaft one of the mechanic found a small hole in the driveshaft rubber beeding which might be spitting the grease. It was agreed to replace the drive shaft and guess what they don’t have the spare and it would take more than 8 days for parts to arrive. SA mentioned that they will take 2 days to diagnose the first issue and fix rest of the 2 issues once part arrives.

Looking at the way the diagnosis was done, I don’t have much confidence in these folks that problem will be fixed completely. Worse I am fearing they will do more damage than fixing. I am seriously contemplating to drive to Bangalore to get this fixed. But I don’t know, how safe is it to drive 350kms with leaking driveshaft. Any suggestions and advice would be appreciated.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 21:47   #1318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Pathetic experience with Cauvery Ford, Mangalore!
Immediately car was put in ramp and I showed them the grease deposits. At first instance he said it might be cow dung which was splashed. Next he said it might from outside as he never saw such thing from inside of any component in the engine bay. I was a mute spectator of this high drama and finally better sense prevailed and they agreed it is from the car itself. Upon carefully rotating the drive shaft one of the mechanic found a small hole in the driveshaft rubber beeding which might be spitting the grease. It was agreed to replace the drive shaft and guess what they don’t have the spare and it would take more than 8 days for parts to arrive. SA mentioned that they will take 2 days to diagnose the first issue and fix rest of the 2 issues once part arrives.
The leak isn't bad and I don't suspect a bad driveshaft just yet. Don't they have concept of replacing axle boot set in Ford? It will work out much cheaper, unless they are replacing the driveshaft under warranty.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:05   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The leak isn't bad and I don't suspect a bad driveshaft just yet. Don't they have concept of replacing axle boot set in Ford? It will work out much cheaper, unless they are replacing the driveshaft under warranty.

Regards,
Shashi
I don`t think they have this as they categorically said this require driveshaft replacement. However, I had a talk with Deviprasad ASM of Cauvery Ford and he had assured me to get this checked ASAP. Things are certainly rolling at Ford end and hope to get this addressed without much of an issue. Thanks to BHPian nkumarblr for bringing this to the attention of higher-ups at Ford via Ecosport FB group, I will update the thread with the progress on this issue.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:10   #1320
BHPian

Any one - who has driven Creta 2020 Petrol IVT and Ecosports petro AT, could you please compare the NVH and Ride quality of the both ?
noopster1008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed