Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2018, 16:32   #121

Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
Why not Captur? That is the question I have, now that my sister's family is about to book the Diesel Platine variant. They have been quoted around 15.40 on the road after various discounts.

Hi Jhaji,

Absolutely. I own a Captur RXT for two months now, and I adore this car. Of course, I took several TDs and convinced myself before buying it. You have got the point right! You need to look at certain basic and important parameters which are essential in a car - as you said ride qualities, suspension and the likes. For Indian conditions these are critical aspects for the car. And of course, ground clearance, which is plenty in this car. The features, looks, ergonomics come next. I think Captur is able to satisfy the most required aspects of owning a car in Indian conditions.

The engine is improved too (than in the Duster) and delivers ample power and speed, besides being fuel-efficient. The clutch and gear-shifting are perfectly ok.

The seat adjustment would be little trickly in the beginning, but you will be able to find your most suitable position in course of time only!

Last edited by ampere : 18th October 2018 at 11:22. Reason: formatted
Carzesty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 11:06   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

If you like it, buy it . All of us have our own individual preferences. 99% of this forum wouldn't want to own a 22-year old Jeep, but I do and love driving it too.

Dislikes are in the opening post of this review!

That is understood, of course. I just thought if you have a strong opinion about any specific flaw in the Captur, I would give careful consideration to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

For a tourer, ergonomics and comfort should take precedence over cosmetic features. No good having a world-class sound system if you're uncomfortable in your seat.

True, no doubt, and this is the frustrating bit about test drives. Our test drive was almost sufficient to satisfy us about the driver ergonomics, but not for the passengers. For such things, we have to rely on ownership reports, which unfortunately we don't yet have for the Captur. Few Bhpians who are owners, their comments seem positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzesty View Post

The engine is improved too (than in the Duster) and delivers ample power and speed, besides being fuel-efficient. The clutch and gear-shifting are perfectly ok.

I would be glad to hear more about 'engine is improved' part. What information do you have on the engine in Captur, in comparison to Duster?
Old 18th October 2018, 19:49   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
I would be glad to hear more about 'engine is improved' part. What information do you have on the engine in Captur, in comparison to Duster?
Being a previous Duster owner I find the engine lot more smooth, or refined as you may call it, in the Captur, and, particularly the clatter from the engine, so typical of this engine in other cars, is much reduced in the Captur. Added to this, there is lot of power surge on acceleration. This is my personal observation.

Last edited by ampere : 6th November 2018 at 06:30. Reason: fixed quote tag
Carzesty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 20:06   #124
BHPian

Saw an ad in todays daily about the introduction of a special edition diesel Captur at 9.99 lakhs. The caption of the ad is " never seen before deadly offer". Ad is in Malayalam and the quote is translated by me.

Looks like Renault has learnt its lesson in pricing the Captur initially. Will have to see how Captur fairs from now on.

I have only seen positive feedbacks from the existing owners in this form regarding Captur so would like to believe that its the pricing which is killing the product over the crossover looks.
deepeshh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 05:41   #125
BHPian

Took delivery of the Platine variant.

Captur definitely is a head turner especially in the Cayenne Orange shade. Though loaded with features it still misses on minor aspects like auto dimming rear view mirror, hydraulic support for the bonnet, lack of adequate storage spaces etc.

Its a pleasure to drive the Captur but felt a bit of turbo lag in the second gear and found it more profound having come from Duster 85ps fitted with Dieseltronics kit.

Overall I am pretty satisfied.
deepeshh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 18:21   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Took delivery of the Platine variant.

Captur definitely is a head turner especially in the Cayenne Orange shade. Though loaded with features it still misses on minor aspects like auto dimming rear view mirror, hydraulic support for the bonnet, lack of adequate storage spaces etc.

Its a pleasure to drive the Captur but felt a bit of turbo lag in the second gear and found it more profound having come from Duster 85ps fitted with Dieseltronics kit.

Overall I am pretty satisfied.
Please ask for free software update, that will resolve turbo lag in 2nd gear.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 18:55   #127
BHPian

The new roof rails on the Captur is looking nice and definetely negating the cross over look and giving it an SUVish stance. For the 2018 model, though its not an accessory and comes as standard fitment, but it is fitted by the dealer and dosent come as stock from the factory. It costs Rs.10500/- as an accessory.

Renault Captur : Official Review-captur-1.jpg

Renault Captur : Official Review-captur-2.jpg
deepeshh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 11:19   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Captur reaches a new low ( in-fact Very LOW) sales numbers. Dispatches 67 units in November.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 12:00   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Saw an ad in todays daily about the introduction of a special edition diesel Captur at 9.99 lakhs. The caption of the ad is " never seen before deadly offer". Ad is in Malayalam and the quote is translated by me.

Looks like Renault has learnt its lesson in pricing the Captur initially. Will have to see how Captur fairs from now on.

I have only seen positive feedbacks from the existing owners in this form regarding Captur so would like to believe that its the pricing which is killing the product over the crossover looks.
I bought RXE Petrol for 9.99L Ex Showroom back in March 2018. The Diesel base version at the time of launch was almost 1.75L more than the Petrol. This is a very good deal as on road will be 11.30L for the Diesel now. The base version of the Captur is the most VFM.

I would like to install Auto Folding ORVM in my Captur. Is it possible to convert the existing setup?

Anyone having a lead on this pls pitch in. Thanks!
Old 8th December 2018, 02:44   #130
BHPian

This is great news for me. Now, I can consider the Captur as a possible purchase!! Is the discount for current year model or 2017 models?
Old 21st December 2018, 22:54   #131
BHPian

I'm about to take delivery of the RXT Petrol variant next week. It's the dual tone variant - Cayenne Orange with a black roof top.

There are two very specific things I like about the car based on my test drive. The first is the engine performance - even though on paper, it's a relatively low number (106 BHP), it felt very responsive when I drove. The second is the short gear throws - it feels seamless to shift gears.

Last edited by theMAG : 25th December 2018 at 20:06. Reason: Typo fixed. "BJP"="BHP"
Old 25th December 2018, 10:49   #132
BHPian

Friends, I was told that Renault India is going to cease making the Captur. Does anyone have more information?
Old 29th December 2018, 11:23   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Friends, I was told that Renault India is going to cease making the Captur. Does anyone have more information?
Hi Sivasankar,

I had booked a Captur on 9th December. Two days ago the dealer called me up and said that the units in the plant of my desired color and model had failed the quality check. So I canceled my booking and went to a Nissan showroom to book the Kicks. I was surprised that the Renault dealer accepted my cancellation at one go.

According to the Nissan salesperson, the production of the Captur is halted in the plant for the poor sales of Captur and push for the Kicks launch. This is obviously unverified, but based on my experience - I have a hunch that Renault is either planning to revamp the Captur (trying to push the existing stock in the process) or stop its production altogether.

Last edited by sdaityari : 29th December 2018 at 11:27. Reason: Fixed typo (Capture to Captur)
Old 10th January 2019, 19:42   #134
BHPian

Hi all, I have an update on this. I got a call from one of the Renault showrooms saying they are offering a one lakh discount on all 2018 models of Captur.

I still do not have any news on whether the production has actually been halted, but I guess this is a routine deal?
Old 10th January 2019, 21:43   #135
BANNED

I am seeing lot of Capturs now a days on road. I was wondering what has changed in the recent past for people to purchase the Captur all of a sudden. The discounts may be one of the reasons for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks