Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2019, 23:34   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...25-lakh-411147

Huge discounts on the slow selling Captur to the tune of ₹ 2.5L on the Platine variant...
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Captur : Official Review-renault-captur-aci.jpg  

Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 17:09   #137
BHPian

Have been facing this erratic behaviour from the front wipers. It would slow down dramatically occasionally (as if like in slow motion), and gradually stop moving after some time. And would be ok after restarting it a few times. Has anyone faced a similar problem?

May be on another car? Would you think this is a problem with the wiper motor or something entangled in it? Had given it to the service centre a few weeks ago for the regular service, but they did not do anything on this as it seemed to be working well at the service centre. With monsoon round the corner, don't want to take a chance.
Old 7th May 2019, 13:51   #138
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Would you think this is a problem with the wiper motor or something entangled in it?
Seems like it. It could be that the linkage bushings have something stuck or there might be some accumulation of leaves etc in the cowl area. Do you park under a tree quite often? They should open up the plastic cowl cover and check the linkages thoroughly.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 12:43   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I am seeing lot of Capturs now a days on road. I was wondering what has changed in the recent past for people to purchase the Captur all of a sudden. The discounts may be one of the reasons for the same.
I have seen only one Captur in Bangalore in many months. However on a week long visit to Kerala I spotted quite a few on the roads there. I feel there are regional variations.
Old 3rd June 2019, 14:26   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
I have seen only one Captur in Bangalore in many months. However on a week long visit to Kerala I spotted quite a few on the roads there. I feel there are regional variations.
Noticed the same. I saw a few in KL as opposed to 3/4 which I noticed (apart from mine) in Blr. Felt KL had found the appetite for this vehicle
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 10:02   #141
BHPian

The new Captur looks more grown up and interiors more dignified. They claim it sits on a new platform. Though the design looks evolutionary, it has more of a coupe stance at the rear.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/771417/...ptur-unveiled/
https://www.cars.co.za/motoring_news...nveiled/46990/

Instead of working on the old Duster, they could have done something with this. Or may be, that we don't deserve this!

Renault Captur : Official Review-nuovarenaultcaptur2020-2.jpg

Renault Captur : Official Review-nuovarenaultcaptur2020-1.jpg

Renault Captur : Official Review-nuovarenaultcaptur2020-3.jpg

Renault Captur : Official Review-nuovarenaultcaptur2020-4.jpg
Nalin Kumar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 10:11   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin Kumar View Post

Instead of working on the old Duster, they could have done something with this. Or may be, that we don't deserve this!
They don't want to invest in a new product for us Indians, instead they hacked the duster and made a mess of it. The name Captur is now ruined, it has taken Renault along with it. I'm not sure if this brand has much future in India, I for sure do not see any good line up of vehicles coming anytime soon and current duster is well past it's prime.
Old 30th August 2019, 18:15   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Have been facing this erratic behaviour from the front wipers. It would slow down dramatically occasionally (as if like in slow motion), and gradually stop moving after some time. And would be ok after restarting it a few times. Has anyone faced a similar problem?

May be on another car? Would you think this is a problem with the wiper motor or something entangled in it? Had given it to the service centre a few weeks ago for the regular service, but they did not do anything on this as it seemed to be working well at the service centre. With monsoon round the corner, don't want to take a chance.
Captur has the Rain Sensing Wipers, meaning, in Auto Mode, it will automatically increase or decrease the speed and even will stop, when the rain stops. Auto mode is the first step when you push the lever down from the off position. The next two modes will be manual with static speeds.
goldsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 17:20   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Following the price cut by Nissan for the Kicks, Renault has a great opportunity to offer a new Diesel Variant of Captur below Rs. 10 Lakhs. The RXE variant is too bare-bones at 10.5 lakhs today. But with a price cut similar to what the Kicks saw, they can easily bring in an RXL with Cruise Control, a basic touch-screen infotainment system, keyless entry, fog lamps etc,. at 9.99 Lakhs. That would be a very good buy in my opinion.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 3rd September 2019 at 17:21.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 14:03   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Following the price cut by Nissan for the Kicks, Renault has a great opportunity to offer a new Diesel Variant of Captur below Rs. 10 Lakhs. The RXE variant is too bare-bones at 10.5 lakhs today. But with a price cut similar to what the Kicks saw, they can easily bring in an RXL with Cruise Control, a basic touch-screen infotainment system, keyless entry, fog lamps etc,. at 9.99 Lakhs. That would be a very good buy in my opinion.
They don't need a price revamp exercise really. Just discounts at showroom level will do the job. Going through a repricing & marketing/sales team refresh will be too much of a hassle IMO. Especially considering the diesel K9K powered Captur has only about 6 months of life left in this country. Its all about stock management & clearance pretty much now with a limited assembly line pace.

Renault bids goodbye to diesel segments in India come BSVI roll out in April 2020.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 08:24   #146
BHPian

Has anyone installed any navigation maps on Captur? OEM or third party? Any recommendations? Would be great if you could indicate costs along with the option as well. I was given to know that you have to install the hardware available from Renault only and the dealer had indicated a cost of Rs15000/- for it. Not sure if that's the only option or there are 3rd party hardware/software that can be installed to display the maps directly on the captur screen. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Old 25th September 2019, 10:20   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Captur BSVI petrol variant on tests,

Quote:
The BS6 Renault Captur that was spotted being tested clearly came with the BS6 sticker near the fuel filler. Cosmetically the Captur looked more or less same as the current version. Renault has two Turbo Petrol engines on its Europe lineup which it could make use on the Captur and Duster here as both engines are Euro-6d compliant, which means they easily qualify for the BS6-emission norms. It could pick from either the 1.0L or the 1.3L TCe Petrol engines for the Indian market.
Renault Captur : Official Review-img_1029.jpg

Renault Captur : Official Review-renaultcapturbs6petrolspiedlaunch3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 20:58   #148
Team-BHP Support

The new 2020 Renault Captur for Europe based on the new Clio's CMF-B platform -

The interiors! Wow!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 00:00   #149
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The new 2020 Renault Captur for Europe based on the new Clio's CMF-B platform -
The car indeed derived from Clio, it looks like a big brother of Clio.

The interior , But our question is "will it launch in India ? Even in 2025?"

Last edited by ampere : 31st October 2019 at 07:27. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
Old 15th October 2019, 14:56   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
The car indeed derived from Clio, it looks like a big brother of Clio.
The interior , But our question is "will it launch in India ? Even in 2025?"
No. It can't and it won't. Renault made a hash of things buy launching the cheap Duster/KAPTUR based Captur in India. It has bombed terribly in the market and the name is done for. The true Captur - the one based on the Clio since previous generation has always been a gorgeous and well designed small car. Have seen it so often in past. Been in one too. Since the name is taken to the washers by current gen on sale here, the real one if launched, will never get enough attention from people. Also - the CMF-B is a fairly advanced & costlier platform.

So far Renault has sold only Logan/Duster (cheaper Dacia roots) platform based cars or directly the KWID/Triber siblings on a built for economy platform. Only exception was the Fluence that nobody remembers. Going by how they are orienting right now, it will be surprising to see the Captur here.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks