Team-BHP - Maruti Swift : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Swift : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/197888-maruti-swift-official-review-11.html)

I just did an epic 1350km road trip from Chennai -> Karaikudi -> Dhanushkodi and back over 3 days.

The car drove like a dream. The AMT makes thing effortless and I was barely tired. It was quite easy to overtake too given the manual option on the gearbox.

The roads in Karaikudi are an absolute nightmare! Complete dirt/mud with stones littered all over. As if that wasn't enough, potholes and bumps added to the adventure. I drove it quite carefully and not once did it scrape anywhere.

Looking forward to some more awesome drives.

After reading all the experiences from Swift Owners, I have a question on the long term ownership satisfaction of Swift. It appears the quality has taken a big hit here. Maruti service is great, no doubt about it but these niggles and issues coming out here are certainly making me re-think about buying one.
How are the plastics holding as a whole? The rear door handle plastic quality does not seem to be good at all. Is this car really good to own over long time?
Honest answers please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4463513)
How are the plastics holding as a whole? The rear door handle plastic quality does not seem to be good at all. Is this car really good to own over long time?
Honest answers please:

Haven't owned a new-gen Swift, but have had the misfortune of driving a WagonR for about 5 years.

I'd say it's best to not buy a Maruti in this segment if budget is not really a constraint.

Better to consider options like the Figo (Ford), Polo (VW) and the Elite i20.

Maruti seems good to go with initially but when stuff starts rattling, it does make one make feel a little unhappy. This is what I learned from the ownership experience of the WagonR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4463513)
After reading all the experiences from Swift Owners, I have a question on the long term ownership satisfaction of Swift.

Only time will tell, most people are just getting their new Swifts and it's not been long enough to make any comments about long-term ownership. The interior quality certainly sucks. As I mentioned in a previous post, cost cutting is very, very obvious inside.

Our Swift is just over a month old and with only about 700km on the odo. So far things seem good, car drives well and plastics still look the same (cheap looking, but the same as when they were new :)).

But the bigger things seem good so far, no regrets about buying the car yet, we're quite happy with it- it's zippy, the engine, driving comfort, tyres, handling, and the main reason we went for another Maruti - the service and dealership experience, that has been fantastic.

Will have to wait and see for longer term ownership reports.

Thanks to Ujjwal Saxena for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Maruti Suzuki has launched a limited edition of the Swift. It appears to be based on the base Lxi / Ldi variants. It gets black wheel caps, front two power windows, Sony double din system with Bluetooth and an MGA security system amongst others.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-picsart_092410.16.26.jpg

Maruti Swift : Official Review-picsart_092410.18.06.jpg

Maruti Swift : Official Review-picsart_092410.19.06.jpg

Maruti Swift : Official Review-picsart_092410.20.45.jpg

Maruti Swift : Official Review-picsart_092410.21.55.jpg

Image source: Autoday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4466865)
Maruti Suzuki has launched a limited edition of the Swift. It appears to be based on the base Lxi / Ldi variants. It gets black wheel caps, front two power windows, Sony double din system with Bluetooth and an MGA security system amongst others.

It feels 'cheap' aftermarket. The black wheel caps look odd on the steel wheel. The plastic around double din system also feels third grade. In other words, it does not feel like being something done at a factory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavi (Post 4467003)
It feels 'cheap' aftermarket. The black wheel caps look odd on the steel wheel. The plastic around double din system also feels third grade. In other words, it does not feel like being something done at a factory.

The plastic around the head unit is the same as in L variants which is factory fit. Nothing dealer fit about that trim.

But rest of the accessories are obviously fit at dealer level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 4467010)
The plastic around the head unit is the same as in L variants which is factory fit. Nothing dealer fit about that trim.

Yes, it seems to be so. The fit and finish of the power window panel is a proof for the same. But if that is the case, then how can it be a 'limited edition' being launched by Maruti, is this the case with all the limited editions launched by Maruti?

Found something different - Swift running promotions through vertical challenge! Complete the run within 30 seconds to win arm strap for mobile as surprise gift😛

Pic taken near my office.

Maruti Suzuki is likely to launch SWIFT RS with 1.0L Boosterjet Engine as seen in Baleno.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-marutisuzukiswiftrsindialaunchoncardswith1_0lboosterjetengine.jpg

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4466865)
Maruti Suzuki has launched a limited edition of the Swift. ....

Poor attempt from MS this time around! Just where are those infamous Limited edition decals?! stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4469589)
Maruti Suzuki is likely to launch SWIFT RS with 1.0L Boosterjet Engine as seen in Baleno]

Can we trust on this Website? There is no timeline. And we have been hearing about Swift Sport as well as RS, since the launch of New Swift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinothAJ (Post 4458394)
My wiper blades give an annoying squeaky noise when they retreat back after a wipe. .

Any tips .

You can check boodmo.com or install boodmo app on your mobile and buy spares online. While searching for spares you can provide your car model as a filter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4388362)
The Maruti Swift is on sale in India at a price of between Rs. 4.99 - 8.29 lakhs (ex-Delhi).

Congratulations Mr Aditya for the wonderful and exhaustive review Your efforts are really laudable I personally feel apart from the cosmetic changes and the poor quality of plastic used in the interiors old gen Swift was way better than this model

SWIFT RS spotted in India,

Quote:

Spotted in a black colour scheme, the Swift RS boasts a new set of 16-inch alloy wheels that is different from what can be seen in the Baleno RS.

In a similar fashion to the Baleno RS, it will also get disc brakes on all the wheels as seen in the spy pictures.
Maruti Swift : Official Review-marutiswiftrs1_0lspied.jpg

Maruti Swift : Official Review-marutisuzukiswiftrs1_0lenginespiedontest2640x375.jpg

Maruti Swift : Official Review-marutisuzukiswiftrs1_0lenginespiedontest1.jpg

Link