Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 28th January 2019, 01:54   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
What if the key fob fails? eg; gets damaged. Is there a skeleton key to open the door and start the car?
Yes, it gets a removable skeleton. The key is identical to the Dzire's key, except the boot release button. But I doubt you'll be able to start the car if the fob is damaged. In case of low battery, there are certain procedures like touching it near the start/stop button etc.

A pic from our Dzire's official review:

Maruti Swift : Official Review-2017marutidzire26.jpg

The Next gen Ertiga gets a similar key fob, an image from an Ownership review:

Maruti Swift : Official Review-key-fob.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 28th January 2019 at 02:21.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 11:37   #212
BHPian

From last couple of months, I am getting a Vinegar like smell from the vents of my swift. The smell goes away, if the AC is switched on. Have shown it to the Maruti (Kalyani) Service folks and did not get a proper resolution (the ac filter was cleaned, but was of no help).

I have tried using air-circulation mode in the mode wherein the outside air is allowed, but that also has not helped.

Any experiences or pointers will of immense help.
TSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 11:41   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
From last couple of months, I am getting a Vinegar like smell from the vents of my swift.

Any experiences or pointers will of immense help.
Is you car always parked under sun?
When the smell comes when you turn on blowers (without AC) or even without it?
DriveOnceMore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 11:49   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Is you car always parked under sun?
When the smell comes when you turn on blowers (without AC) or even without it?
The car is always parked under a covered parking (either at home [basement] or at office [MLCP]). It is driven almost daily (for around 20 odd kms).

I have tried parking it in the sun and have also tried using the 3M Disinfectant (just for heck of trying, did not help).

The smell comes in without the AC and disappears with the AC switched on. Also, mine is an AGS.

Also, the weather (in Bangalore) does not seem to influence things much, in my case.
Old 28th January 2019, 11:53   #215
BHPian

Quote:
The smell comes in without the AC and disappears with the AC switched on. Also, mine is an AGS.
I think you still missed my point.
Whenever the smell comes, does your blowers are turned on (Not the AC)?
Or it smells always whenever you drive without AC or blower Only mode?
Old 28th January 2019, 11:56   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
I think you still missed my point.
Whenever the smell comes, does your blowers are turned on (Not the AC)?
Or it smells always whenever you drive without AC or blower Only mode?
Yes, the smell comes in when the blowers are turned on, without the AC.
Old 28th January 2019, 12:00   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the smell comes in when the blowers are turned on, without the AC.
There could be some component, which gets heated when the blower / fan is running, without cooling effect of AC.

Plastic parts when heated above certain temperature releases similar smell like what you have mentioned.
Old 6th February 2019, 17:31   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My ZXi+ is due for its second free service and I am planning to get an oil change done.I know it isn't required, but it will not do any harm
Confused about this too. The car just went in for it's second free service/inspection at 3500km. I asked for an oil change, but was told that it was not necessary. I'm one of those people who would rather trust the manufacturer recommendations for something as complex as an engine, but still I can't help wondering. Maybe it's just a hangover from the 'old engine' days where an oil change was needed for a new engine while running in.

Add to that, am planning a 4000km road trip in March, so wondering if i should just go ahead and insist on an oil change even if it's at cost? Or just keep to the recommended scheduled change?

Quote:
From last couple of months, I am getting a Vinegar like smell from the vents of my swift.
This used to happen in our old Alto too. Never diagnosed the reason and now the car has been sold. But there was a definite 'damp-smell' aspect, so maybe some water or dampness inside the vents?

Last edited by am1m : 6th February 2019 at 17:34.
am1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 10:02   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Confused about this too.
The SM who is known to me for well over a decade advised against. I know and have always believed that it is always a good time to change oil, but with modern engines and depleting environment, I decided against it.

No issues, the car is at ~7K now and is doing the daily chores.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 23:19   #220
Senior - BHPian

What is the real world mileage of the petrol MT?
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 08:58   #221
BHPian

Quote:
I have a petrol AMT. I drive in moderate bangalore traffic and get around 14-14.5 kmpl.
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 09:18   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I use the petrol MT occasionally, haven't done any proper evaluation, but I certainly think it's a lot lower than claimed. Of course, I have a heavy foot when I take the car out of Bangalore and in Bangalore it's usually stop-go traffic, so maybe it's my driving style that's to blame. But for the number of times I have to fill up, I don't get the impression that it's all that efficient.
am1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 09:32   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Confused about this too. The car just went in for it's second free service/inspection at 3500km. I asked for an oil change, but was told that it was not necessary. I'm one of those people who would rather trust the manufacturer recommendations for something as complex as an engine, but still I can't help wondering. Maybe it's just a hangover from the 'old engine' days where an oil change was needed for a new engine while running in.
Manufacturers recommendations might not always be taken for granted. In order to keep the overall cost of maintenance low, 1 year or 10000km service intervals are recommended in recent times. If the oil is synthetic, itís fine. Or else keeping in mind the overall health of the engine in long run, we can take a call for a earlier oil change.
Considering that you have a scheduled drive of 4000km and you have already done 3500, I recommend a oil change,if cost is not an issue. This holds good if the oil currently in your car is mineral,which probably is the case.
Also consider the manufacturing date of your car to ascertain the age of oil,as you might be aware that the viscosity reduces from day one irrespective of whether the car is driven or not.
greendream is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 08:06   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

In celebrating the success of SWIFT, Maruti Suzuki to etch SWIFT on the Indian map!

Quote:
A hatchback that is much loved not only in India, but also around the globe, and every generation of this model line that was sold in India has won the prestigious ICOTY award. Therefore, Maruti Suzuki has decided to celebrate this hat-trick in style
Quote:
The road trip will cover 125 cities, panning across 7,280kms and seven days. The word SWIFT will be etched vertically across the map of India. The letters 'S' and 'W' will originate from Etawah and Jhansi respectively in Uttar Pradesh, 'I' from Nagpur in Maharashtra, 'F' from Khammam in Telangana, and 'T' from Ongole in Andhra Pradesh. The Swift cars that will participate in this initiative were flagged-off from New Delhi on February 7, and have reached their respective starting point
Link
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote