Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2019, 07:17   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Does the new Swift come with a ac cabin filter? If not will MASS provide it with one if requested?
Old 12th March 2019, 16:13   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Swift Brake Issue:

Post my first service (or rather check-up) some rubbing and grinding noise started to creep up in my swift on applying brakes. When I reported this to the service centre, they said both the brake pads and brake discs have abnormal wear and tear and will be replaced under warranty. The service advisor himself is clueless about how this could have happened, however pointed out this is not a one off case. My car has just run close to 2000 km and in stock condition. Surely a bad experience, especially considering the hype surrounding Maruti reliability and service.

I do have my doubts on a foul play from the Service Centre, purposeful or not. Will be taking it to local workshop to verify the same.
Just checking in to know if this issue was sorted? I reported the same and they did a change of brake pads etc. The issue didnt go. It was again highlighted in 10K service but they did nothing and the issue still persists. I gave up on it until today, I had to apply emergency brakes behind a merc. The brakes jus shudder and screech and there's absolutely no control you have over the cars stopping power for that one second. Luckily i stopped an inch before the merc. But has anyone got a fix for this?
Old 13th March 2019, 17:21   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Just checking in to know if this issue was sorted?
Though the discs and pads were changed, the problem still remains, but is more bearable. Braking performance of the car remains pathetic as ever.
Old 13th March 2019, 17:54   #229
BHPian

Rated 5 stars! A great product, but not the best Maruti could have done. I don’t understand why features like height-adjustable front seatbelts, rear fog lamp and temperature gauge have been deleted But what kills it for me is the steering. A far cry from the Swifts of yore. Lest we forget, it was the steering feel, handling and fun-to-drive nature (coupled with Maruti’s reliability) that has made the Swift so popular. As an owner of the first-generation model, it is definitely not as sporty as before. That said, it is definitely on top of my list at the time of my upgrade
Old 13th March 2019, 19:07   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balderash_12 View Post
As an owner of the first-generation model, it is definitely not as sporty as before. That said, it is definitely on top of my list at the time of my upgrade
You had a go in the petrol or the diesel? I find the K series petrol to be better than the G series engine, few don't agree, but its ok, we can agree to disagree.

The current gen is as sporty and the plus part is, the ride has got better, the first gen was crashy over potholes, this is not, though the build [kerb weight] is light and it shows, but over undulations and imperfections, its ok. I do drive the ZXi+, with the fatter OE tire, so my opinion is based on that.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 19:45   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You had a go in the petrol or the diesel? I find the K series petrol to be better than the G series engine, few don't agree, but its ok, we can agree to disagree.

The current gen is as sporty and the plus part is, the ride has got better, the first gen was crashy over potholes, this is not, though the build [kerb weight] is light and it shows, but over undulations and imperfections, its ok. I do drive the ZXi+, with the fatter OE tire, so my opinion is based on that.
I own the 2007 ZXi petrol G series. The K series is better too (at least my opinion). I don’t have a problem with the ride quality, I’m fine with it. What kills the feel is the steering. If only it were not so feather light . Yes it is really sporty, I was a little annoyed at that time so I guess I wrote such things. Will definitely upgrade to the new model. I have the stock 185 section tires (yes, with the famous full size spare and alloy )
Old 15th March 2019, 18:11   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_RD View Post
Can anybody confirm if the LED projectors can be bought as an accessory and fitted to a lower trim?
You can do it. But:-

1) sockets are different so is the wiring. You’ll have to make a custom harness to fit it
2) DRL functions (dimming when the headlights are on, turning on when car unlocked) is all linked to the BCM via a DRL module will be lost

Not worth the effort, but it’s certainly doable.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 13:02   #233
Senior - BHPian

Can fellow new Swift owners mention what stock tyres they have got? Are the Apollos any good?
Old 25th March 2019, 11:51   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Got back from a 5000-km round trip yesterday. Bangalore-Mumbai-Lothal-Zinzuwada (Little Rann)-Patan(Rani-Ki-Vav)-Dholavira(Great Rann)-Bhuj-Lakhpat-Kalo Dungar(Great Rann)-Mandvi(Vijay Villas Palace)-Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Bangalore.

The car performed great, was great fun to drive on the fantastic roads of GJ! Didn't feel fatigued even after covering long distances, day after day at a stretch. Very decent highway performer.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:56   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Does the new Swift come with a ac cabin filter? If not will MASS provide it with one if requested?
Swift comes with an AC Cabin Filter. It can be accessed easily by removing the glove box.
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 13:49   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Can fellow new Swift owners mention what stock tyres they have got? Are the Apollos any good?
Swift comes with either Bridgestone Ecopia EP150 or Apollo Alnac 4G. For your second question, I am quoting a post from a tyre expert below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Nope. Nothing is worth an upgrade from the Apollos. Dont go by reviews online. Most reviews are of people comparing worn out tyres at the end of their lives with brand new Michelins or Yokohamas or whatever.

Brand new Apollos to Brand new anything else wont be worth the money unless the brand new something is some super high end tyre like Michelin PS4 or Yokohama Advan Sports
Nimalan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 11:10   #237
BHPian

Does this Swift come with hydraulic clutch with slave cylinder? or it is manual cable clutch?
Old 27th March 2019, 14:12   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Does this Swift come with hydraulic clutch with slave cylinder? or it is manual cable clutch?
I guess you could find the answer to your question by looking into clutch assembly on boodmo.com.
Old 27th March 2019, 21:39   #239
Senior - BHPian

For petrol owners how much does the FE vary as per the MID indicator and real world figures ?
Old 27th March 2019, 22:08   #240
BHPian

Quote:
For petrol owners how much does the FE vary as per the MID indicator and real world figures ?
Funnily, it shows 50kmpl(if I remember correctly) when you go downhill at a good speed without throttle input. I have attached my Fuel log sheet. Initial high FE points due to shell petrol. Below average FE points due to various puducherry bunks(never tried ashram bunk) and once in kumbakonam bunk. Latest high FE points due to Essar bunks. Average till now for 5.5k km is 19.6km/l.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift : Official Review-fuelio.jpg  

Nimalan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks