Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 27th March 2019, 22:55   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Does this Swift come with hydraulic clutch with slave cylinder? or it is manual cable clutch?
Petrol Swift's have mechanical clutch system.

The Fiat 1.3 SDE powered Diesel Swift's have hydraulic clutch systems.
arjab is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 21:41   #242
BHPian

Like to share an interesting finding. I applied Liqui Moly battery clamp grease on both terminals. One fine day, I found the -ve terminal clean without a trace. Was dumbstruck for a moment. Then found out, it was wiped clean by the sheer air force. So, don't bother applying white petroleum(as mentioned in the manual) or any grease to the -ve terminal. It will just get atomized in the engine bay.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-1.jpg

Edit: This happened in petrol swift

Last edited by Nimalan : 29th March 2019 at 21:55.
Nimalan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2019, 20:54   #243
BHPian

I've got a Swift Zxi AMT. At cold start the car seems to idle at around 1500 rpm for about 30 secs before it settles down to the normal 750-800 rpm range. Also the engine temp indicator stays lit up for sometime until the engine warms up a bit. Is this behavior experienced by other owners too?
kpkeerthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2019, 08:01   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
I've got a Swift Zxi AMT. At cold start the car seems to idle at around 1500 rpm for about 30 secs before it settles down to the normal 750-800 rpm range. Also the engine temp indicator stays lit up for sometime until the engine warms up a bit. Is this behavior experienced by other owners too?
Yes. I have noticed this in my swift too. Regarding temperature indicator, it's explained clearly in the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Blue indicator comes on when you start the car in the morning & the engine is cold. When the engine has reached its operating temperature, it disappears. Keep the revs low while this light is on. Also, it will turn red if the motor overheats
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote