Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2019, 22:55   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Does this Swift come with hydraulic clutch with slave cylinder? or it is manual cable clutch?
Petrol Swift's have mechanical clutch system.

The Fiat 1.3 SDE powered Diesel Swift's have hydraulic clutch systems.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 21:41   #242
BHPian

Like to share an interesting finding. I applied Liqui Moly battery clamp grease on both terminals. One fine day, I found the -ve terminal clean without a trace. Was dumbstruck for a moment. Then found out, it was wiped clean by the sheer air force. So, don't bother applying white petroleum(as mentioned in the manual) or any grease to the -ve terminal. It will just get atomized in the engine bay.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-1.jpg

Edit: This happened in petrol swift

Last edited by Nimalan : 29th March 2019 at 21:55.
Nimalan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 20:54   #243
BHPian

I've got a Swift Zxi AMT. At cold start the car seems to idle at around 1500 rpm for about 30 secs before it settles down to the normal 750-800 rpm range. Also the engine temp indicator stays lit up for sometime until the engine warms up a bit. Is this behavior experienced by other owners too?
Old 6th April 2019, 08:01   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
I've got a Swift Zxi AMT. At cold start the car seems to idle at around 1500 rpm for about 30 secs before it settles down to the normal 750-800 rpm range. Also the engine temp indicator stays lit up for sometime until the engine warms up a bit. Is this behavior experienced by other owners too?
Yes. I have noticed this in my swift too. Regarding temperature indicator, it's explained clearly in the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Blue indicator comes on when you start the car in the morning & the engine is cold. When the engine has reached its operating temperature, it disappears. Keep the revs low while this light is on. Also, it will turn red if the motor overheats
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 16:17   #245
BHPian

Has anyone managed to transplant auto-dimming IRVM from other models to Swift? Anything available aftermarket?
Old 8th May 2019, 19:29   #246
Senior - BHPian

If I was to leave the car with the engine running and key in my pocket will the engine keep running or will it switch off after some time? I do hear a beeping sound when I get down to open the society gate with engine on but I am not sure how long it will keep running.
Old 8th May 2019, 22:12   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
If I was to leave the car with the engine running and key in my pocket will the engine keep running or will it switch off after some time? I do hear a beeping sound when I get down to open the society gate with engine on but I am not sure how long it will keep running.
The car stays on until it is switched off using the start stop button or if you accidently manage to stall it.
JD_404 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 09:35   #248
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Was looking at the swift pricing. The LXI (with airbags and ABS) makes tremendous sense, especially if you dont give too much emphasis to superficial features like Auto AC.

The ZXI is 170,000 higher than the LXI (on ex-showroom). In 170,000 you can easily get a good audio system and great alloy wheels!

Auto-lock from Auto-cop is much better than the MS default one. (Mine had automatic window rollup on locking)

What else, with the accessories provided (by MS) as optional, the interior can be souped up quite a bit.

Whats your sense guys?

I know there is the question of warranty but MS official accessories + Alloy wheels (from outside) shouldnt cause any issue. (P.S. I have never made a single warranty claim in my life, so dont really know how it works)

Last edited by 2000rpm : 17th May 2019 at 09:40.
Old 17th May 2019, 10:18   #249
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post

Whats your sense guys?
I would like to make a few points-

1. You won't get steering mounted controls on the LXi. That I feel is not just a convenience feature but an important safety feature as well.

2. You won't get to see a tachometer dancing at your tune. Now this maybe subjective, but I really can't drive a car without a tacho. Even if we neglect the tacho, the MID of the LXi looks horribly basic, whereas higher variants have a sweet looking MID.

3. Factory finish is factory finish after all. After market fittings do not give the same level of finesse that factory finish does.

4. Also, do consider the overall cost of getting the aftermarket accessories fitted vs the on-road price of the VXi. I am pretty sure that with the addition of a Bluetooth enabled music system, central locking, a few miscellaneous accessories and alloys, the actual price would be quite close to the VXi. And with that in mind, I would any day prefer to go with the VXi as it will come with all the above mentioned features(sans the alloys) plus it will give you extra features like steering mounted controls, a sweet looking MID, electrically adjustable mirrors, better looking interior finish and some more.

5. You can always add alloys at a later stage, but factory fit and finish can never be replicated.

Saying it out loud, if you are open to after market accessories and don't allot much value to the OEM look and finish then the LXi maybe worth going for. But I would prefer VXi any-day and would advice you to do the same.

Even if it is between the ZXi and the LXi, I would still suggest the ZXi. Another thing which you may want to consider is the resale value where the base variants take the most hit and are unlikely to attract buyers.
AYP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 10:38   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Was looking at the swift pricing. The LXI (with airbags and ABS) makes tremendous sense, especially if you dont give too much emphasis to superficial features like Auto AC.
Yes, the L variants are extremely VFM.
But what I'll miss the most is tacho (its a joy seeing the tacho needle on a free revving engine), those sexy bucket seats on the V and above variants (L variant has the integrated head rests front seats, different from the above variants one), steering mounted audio controls, factory fitted power windows, also the rear seats have fixed head rests.
Rest of the things I believe can be worked about if you are okay with manual air conditioner.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 17th May 2019 at 10:42.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 10:57   #251
Senior - BHPian

I think the L variants are reasonably priced, the Z variants are over priced.

Hence the V looks value for money. I need safety features as mandatory, rest everything is good to have.

I have always preferred used vehicles, but at this stage of life, dedicating time to the search process had become painful. With Mumbai traffic, its unthinkable to even take a detour of 3-5 kms to see the vehicles.

Hence started looking for VFM offering and Swift LXI stood out.

This Car Dekho video really helps to put things in perspective.

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ined-21313.htm

Last edited by 2000rpm : 17th May 2019 at 10:59.
Old 17th May 2019, 11:05   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The ZXI is 170,000 higher than the LXI (on ex-showroom). In 170,000 you can easily get a good audio system and great alloy wheels!
This is what we were pondering too. But finally the thing that made the difference and made us go for the Zxi, more than the alloy bling or the steering mounted controls and all that, was the wider section tyres on the Z - 185/65 over 165/80.
Old 17th May 2019, 11:14   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
This is what we were pondering too. But finally the thing that made the difference and made us go for the Zxi, more than the alloy bling or the steering mounted controls and all that, was the wider section tyres on the Z - 185/65 over 165/80.
Yes, Tough dilemma actually. The higher variants actually give me so many useful and not useful features bundles together, like Auto-AC, Push botton start (I actually hate this), sub-optimal music system and the list goes on. They also keep adding important ones like Better tyres, tacho, etc.
Old 19th May 2019, 10:39   #254
Senior - BHPian

I have completed 2.2k kms since I got her (MT Petrol ZXi+) on Mar 24 . FE is good and is giving a healthy 16-17 kmpl. I haven't ripped her yet but have taken her to triple digit speeds once the odo crossed 1200 kms and she feels stable and composed at least in a straight line. Below is the view of the cockpit at night. I never had halogens on any of my previous cars and I find the experience good though I am not sure how they will perform at night during rains. I guess the upcoming rainy season will reveal that. What I would really loved to have would be cruise control and the MID display from Ciaz/Baleno.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-interior.jpg

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 19th May 2019 at 10:56.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 21:44   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Has anyone been able to replace the space saver spare wheel with a full size one? The zxi/zxi+ models come with 15inch wheels but the spare Tyre is a 14 inch one ! Visually I am not able to make out whether a 15ich steel spare Tyre can fit in the existing space.
The 15-inch alloy wheel fits in the space. I haven't replaced the spare. Just exchanged the wheels during a puncture.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-20190330_122842.jpg

The puncture happened in a Maruti dealer workshop. Fortunately, I noticed it before taking delivery and pointed it out to the SA. This helped me getting a replacement from the dealer finally. Of course, I got the replacement only after complaining about the dealer to Maruti. Maruti's TSM resolved the issue to my full satisfaction in this incident. So guys, please do check for these things while taking delivery.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-20190210_093034.jpg

The above nail puncture is non-repairable since it happened in the shoulder area of the tyre. I was aware of this thanks to Team-BHP. This knowledge helped me make a stand and overcome many conniving acts by the dealer.

PS: Just to clarify, the clapping smile is for Team-BHP.

Last edited by Nimalan : 19th May 2019 at 21:45.
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed