Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 7th July 2020, 13:56   #331
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Thanks for your detailed response. A few more queries:

1. On an average what are the fuel economy figures for you?

2. Has the fuel economy improved after the second and third service?

3. Did you get the engine oil and filter changed during the second or the third service?

Thanks again!
1. I'm averaging 16.3kpl
2. Well marginally, like from 16.1 to 16.3kpl. Considering that I am consistent in my driving style throughout, there haven't been any major changes.
3. Changed both at 10k and 20k service if that's what you mean. Also changed air filter.
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 11:46   #332
BHPian

Maruti Swift VXi AMT: Update after 3500 kms and two weeks before the second service.

- Mileage has increased to 19 kmpl.
- Car performing well.
- Need to get a rather long deep "key scratch" fixed (Car vandalism).

Any idea what will be the approximate cost of fixing a scratch? Both the left side door panels have been scratched.
kushagra452 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 00:27   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

A trusted Sales manager reports that dispatches of the Swift are on hold. May be an updated model with New DualJet engine is coming soon.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 18:01   #334
Team-BHP Support

Have spent ~13,xxx kms with my April 2018 Swift ZXi+.

And, I am extremely disappointed with MUL's flimsy build and thin paint quality. A slight nudge anywhere and there is a dent and a paint scrape. Yes, this is India and I have been driving for close to 2 decades now, but, yet to come across any other car brand which shows so many scars, even the Gen 2 Swift's build and paint is noticeably better.

The other car which I drive is a M&M Scorpio S10 4WD, it has seen 87,xxx kms in 4+ years on the worse roads and traffic and you will have to search for any scratches. Scorpio is no German and neither is the paint quality top class, but at-least, it is not as bad as this Maruti.

For my all other purposes of buying the Swift, it fits the role to a T, but am sick of this issue. So much so, that I think I will use it less. I am afraid to use it on highways [you can feel the light, tinny build] and it is hopeless as a beater car as one or the other dent / scratch keeps cropping up every month .

Last edited by Sheel : 10th August 2020 at 18:45.
Sheel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 18:04   #335
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree with you @ Sheel.
My 2018 Dec Baleno Alpha is facing the same issues.
The flimsy build gives sleepless nights and even falling fruits has destroyed its sheet metal completely with many small dents.

Even a flying pebble of the smaller nature, a person of medium build or a small fruit is capable of serious dents on the car. And unfortunately, I have borne the brunt of all of these!!
arnabchak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 18:54   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have spent ~13,xxx kms with my April 2018 Swift ZXi+.
And, I am extremely disappointed with MUL's flimsy build and thin paint quality.
For my all other purposes of buying the Swift, it fits the role to a T, but am sick of this issue. So much so, that I think I will use it less. I am afraid to use it on highways [you can feel the light, tinny build] and it is hopeless as a beater car as one or the other dent / scratch keeps cropping up every month .
Which other Hatchback comes to your mind which is as good an all-rounder like Swift? It has everything to it albeit the built quality. Neither have they bought the ex showroom lower to justify the thinner metal sheet. This was and will be the only reason I would never go back to a Maruti Car. Not like they don't have the resources, Brezza and S Cross were decently built and they could have manufactured Swift on the same lines. In my test drive of Swift, during a turn at relatively higher speed (90-100KMPH) the car felt very unsafe. One can never be confident in it unless he or she is ignorant.

However the problem is, in this segment there are hardly any other cars which satisfies most parameters. Figo another capable car but looking at few service centers shutting down business, as an owner of one it worries me. Liva has gone out of production. Nios 1.0 Turbo remains the only better option however it is too soon to say that.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 10th August 2020 at 18:58.
Old 11th August 2020, 19:37   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Which other Hatchback comes to your mind which is as good an all-rounder like Swift?
However the problem is, in this segment there are hardly any other cars which satisfies most parameters.
If someone is not willing to look beyond Maruti, I felt the under-rated Ignis is a good city car or a beater alternative to Swift. It feels better built when compared to Baleno, Swift. However, all this at the compromise of space.

A general observation is that all the new. gen Maruti cars have comparatively not so abuse friendly body panels compared to the previous generation cars. Applies to Alto, Wagon R as well. Celerio, Eeco are the exceptions, as they haven't enrolled into the weight-loss program.
Old 13th August 2020, 14:24   #338
BHPian

@Sheel: Couldn't agree with you more.

I'm extremely careful about maintaining my car, where I park and who drives. But no matter what I do, I end up with shallow dents and scratches.

The other day I found on the RHS fender panel next to the bonnet; so freaking irritating.

Its so unfortunate that aside from this, its an excellent car. No complaints whatsoever.
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed