Team-BHP - Maruti Swift : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Swift : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/197888-maruti-swift-official-review-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kap04 (Post 4412572)
I am thinking of going for the Swift VXI AMT version. My only concern is the stock tires. What would the the recommended upgrades for the stock 165/80R14 on steel rims?

If not too specific, go for the ZXI's tyre size of 185/65 R15. The stock ones are of Bridgestone Ecopia. However you could choose the manufacturer of your choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumannandy (Post 4412429)
Congratulations to all owners. What is the real world mileage for petrol AMT and diesel AMT?

Hi Suman,

I drive from Bannerghatta Road (via Manipal County-->Hosur Road) to Electronic City. My petrol AMT gives me around 13.4 kmpl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthusiast (Post 4412575)
If not too specific, go for the ZXI's tyre size of 185/65 R15. The stock ones are of Bridgestone Ecopia. However you could choose the manufacturer of your choice.

The tyres on my ZXi alloy rims are Apollo (which by the way are actually quite wonderful to drive on; very very minimal road noise and comfortable) and the tyre on my spare steel is Bridgestone.

I never knew you could choose the tyres you wanted?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kap04 (Post 4412572)
I am thinking of going for the Swift VXI AMT version. My only concern is the stock tires. What would the the recommended upgrades for the stock 165/80R14 on steel rims?

Yeah those will probably look at little thin on the car; the R15s look perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qr20de (Post 4413225)
The tyres on my ZXi alloy rims are Apollo (which by the way are actually quite wonderful to drive on; very very minimal road noise and comfortable) and the tyre on my spare steel is Bridgestone.

I never knew you could choose the tyres you wanted?

Yeah those will probably look at little thin on the car; the R15s look perfect.

Yea, after thinking about the price difference , I am leaning towards booking the ZXI AMT .

Any of you got the front driver armrest fitted? I would love to have it.

Brand SWIFT reaches a milestone in India, clocks 1 lakh sales in 145 days.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-sw.jpg

Hi All, I get this "low battery" error in my 2year old Swift.
What exactly is the error? I get the same error to both my key fobs.
Need change them? Please advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MercFan (Post 4414739)
Hi All, I get this "low battery" error in my 2year old Swift.
What exactly is the error? I get the same error to both my key fobs.
Need change them? Please advice.

If you have the push button start system then your key fobs battery's need to be changed. I used to get the same on my old Ciaz. Those batterys don't last long

please check with the spare key. Since it is not used so this warning may go off. But, yes, this means the battery in the key fob has to be replaced. It ideally lasts for 2-2.5 years.

Hi Rambo and Mishrap, thanks for the replies.
Tried with both the key fobs, get the same error.
Where can I change the battery of the key fob, Suzuki A.S.S.?
Yesterday visited Pratham motors, Bellandur, the service agent has no clue what that error meant. Wasted half hour and left the place without any solution / help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MercFan (Post 4414811)
Hi Rambo and Mishrap, thanks for the replies.
Tried with both the key fobs, get the same error.
Where can I change the battery of the key fob, Suzuki A.S.S.?
Yesterday visited Pratham motors, Bellandur, the service agent has no clue what that error meant. Wasted half hour and left the place without any solution / help.

Hello,

You can get it changed at any maruti service centre. They charged me 100/- for battery change for my Ciaz. I did it at Kalyani motors near AECS layout in Bangalore, BTW. Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Got a chance to take a TD of the Swift ZDi ATS, and was quite impressed!

It's nimble, interiors are a big step up from the old Swift in terms of design and arguable quality, steering is perfect for the city, ride is a little more pliant.
In fact, even in city speeds - the ATS didn't feel as jerky but to be fair it was a very short drive (1-2kms) on a brand new car (140kms), and I can definitely see where the jerks will crop up (like when you leave the accelerator just as the car shifts, while going uphill and the car has to downshift, etc.).

Overall, I was fairly impressed until I saw the price list!
At 9.5L OTR (approx.), it is pretty damn expensive, and I couldn't help but wonder if paying 50-60K premium for a lower trim Amaze, or even a manual i20/Jazz/S-Cross would have been worth it.

My cousin who is a big fan of Maruti, and Swift in particular booked one without even checking out other options like the Jazz & Amaze (no i20 for him as he met with a bad accident on his old i20 and doesn't want another one because of the incident - though it wasn't the cars fault but more to do with the memories) - and I am hoping it serves him well!
If I was in the market myself though, I'd be on the fence about it given it's current pricing that puts better overall competitors (my opinion) within striking range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthusiast (Post 4412575)

Have similar query. For R15 the stock rims need to be replaced for Vxi to 15 inch ones. Also no dealer will buy back the tyres since they are nothing for them. One has to go to JC road or other tyre shops for this replacement. Are there 185 tyres in R14 size? They will come in handy. Also will they fit the stock R14 rims?
I too am thinking for Vxi but this same question comes to mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4416441)
Also no dealer will buy back the tyres since they are nothing for them.

The tyre dealers would be willing to buy back the stock tyres in exchange for 185 section tyres, and with rim exchange for a price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4416441)
Are there 185 tyres in R14 size? They will come in handy. Also will they fit the stock R14 rims?
I too am thinking for Vxi but this same question comes to mind.

185 section tyres will also be available on stock R14 rims. The right size would be 185/70 R14. This will be a -0.8% change in the diameter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthusiast (Post 4416848)
185 section tyres will also be available on stock R14 rims. The right size would be 185/70 R14. This will be a -0.8% change in the diameter.

One problem though. Anything less in the diameter means reduction in GC and that is not in favour of new swift. Already 163mm is deadly and anything less would be a disaster IMHO.
Instead buying new 15 or 16 inch rims (not alloys) and 185mm tyres would be a better choice.

Considering this is the official 2018 Swift thread and looks like there are a lot of potential buyers, I thought I'd post a concise review of my ownership experience so far:

- My vehicle is the Swift ZXI AMT
- Driven 1700km in just under 2 months
- 80% of this distance has been in the city, mostly in light traffic.
- A.C. is on 100% of the time
- Average efficiency is currently at 14.9kpl
- Minimal/no noticeable road noise from the stock Apollo Alnac 185/65/R15 tyres.
- Given that I am a very sedate driver, the shift time for the AMT box has been barely noticeable.
- Extremely light steering and driving controls makes it a dream for city driving
- Was easily able to cruise on highways easily at 80/90kph without any stress
- About 10% of the time, when I put it into reverse, there is a 'thunk' noise from the transmission, with a slight jerk in the vehicle.

Overall, the ownership has been stress free and the car has been a joy to drive (amplified by the fact that my Ford Figo before this was a complete piece of s***.

Really glad about my decision to buy the Swift. I\'m sure others would echo my words!