Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2018, 08:36   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Whats the on road price for a zxi+ and a zdi+?
Zxi+ = Rs. 8,87,461
Zdi+ = Rs. 10,10,428

Check at www.prathammotors.com
Old 14th July 2018, 15:24   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Test drove the Swift AMT today. I want to replace my wife's Chevy Spark with this car. New Swift AMT will be a good replacement. The major challenge I am having is AMT is not available in ZXi+ variant. And ZXi doesn't come with the touch screen music system with Android Auto and Apple Car Play. This is a bummer. The sales person is confident I can replace the stock audio system in ZXi with an after market system. Is that possible? Will the after market system support controls on the steering.
I am in the same boat and I am also thinking about Swift AMT for replacing my wife's Jazz. I have also same query for changing the music system to touch screen. From my research I have come to know that Pioneer Systems are compatible with Japanese Cars and therefore both steering mounted controls and Bluetooth telephony should work properly.

I am referring a link from Pioneer India website.

https://pioneer-india.in/why-upgrade-to-pioneer/
Old 15th July 2018, 07:12   #123
BHPian

Sony XAV X100 is the cheapest carplay / android auto compatible system. Offered directly by the dealers. Steering mounted controls work with this unit.

The first tankful for my Zdi AMT in Bangalore traffic with 100% AC gave me mileage of 14.97 kmpl.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 21:47   #124
BANNED

Just wanted to know something. Has anyone considered fitting CNG in the new Swift? Do we have an option for dealer fitted CNG kit? We are considering to change our Santro CNG with a small hatchback. Anyone using a CNG fitted Swift?
Old 19th July 2018, 20:03   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a close look at the new Swift today. While the front seats were good in terms of support, I am doubtful it'll be great for anyone with a hefty build. I am of normal build & it still felt snug fit.

The spece definitely had increased in the rear than the first gen or even the second gen. The boot seems to be bigger too. Over all a decent console and a good looking meter console too.

I liked the gear lever as well (it was an AMT) but my friend who drove it mentioned it's noisy while revving and no major speed build. It was a version with alloy wheel & ACC, but we couldn't get to see any MID on the dials - may be that's available only on the top most variant. Overall, very expensive for what Swift is / was. The prices have gone haywire in the last 10 years and have raised by close to 50% of what it was, essentially for the same engines. Will I buy one ? Nop. Would look for much more VFM options.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 17:45   #126
BHPian

Anybody facing any issues with the AC? I test drove two swifts from different dealers and found the AC lacking a bit even when set on 19° on both the cars.

It wasn't uncomfortable as such but it didn't cool the cabin as fast as I've seen other Marutis do.
R.Daroga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 11:14   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
..mentioned it's noisy while revving and no major speed build. It was a version with alloy wheel & ACC, but we couldn't get to see any MID on the dials - may be that's available only on the top most variant.
I drive a Vxi AMT and this variant (base variant for AMT) has a MID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Daroga View Post
Anybody facing any issues with the AC? I test drove two swifts from different dealers and found the AC lacking a bit even when set on 19° on both the cars.

It wasn't uncomfortable as such but it didn't cool the cabin as fast as I've seen other Marutis do.
The AC is very effective in the manual ac option. Cannot comment on the Auto AC
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 21:48   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
I drive a Vxi AMT and this variant (base variant for AMT) has a MID. ..
How do you access the options in MID?
Old 24th July 2018, 09:21   #129
BHPian

For the MID, please refer this section from this review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
U-g-l-y stalk to adjust the trip meter sticks out of the instrument cluster on the left. Should have just had a button for this function:

Yet another ugly stalk on the right to adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster. Long press it to enter 'settings'. Twist it to the right or left to toggle between the functions and then, short press to select a function:

MID is black + white and relatively simple. Wish it got the sweet colour MID of the Baleno though (international Swift gets one). Still, it provides adequate information, including bars for the fuel gauge, with digital read-outs for the odometer, time, outside temperature, two trip meters, a range / DTE counter and average + instant fuel economy:

The AMT version gets a large gear indicator in the middle. Illumination of the instrument cluster and MID can be adjusted in 6 steps. The brightness of other controls such as the air-con system, parking sensor button and engine start / stop button is also altered:

[/url]
Old 25th July 2018, 12:50   #130
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has issued a voluntary recall for the new generation Swift and Dzire models in the country to inspect a possible fault in the airbag controller unit.

The automaker will be inspecting 1279 vehicles comprising 566 Swift and 713 Dzire models that were manufactured between May 7 and July 5, 2018, as part of the recall exercise. The automaker has announced that the campaign will begin on July 25, 2018 with owners of the affected vehicles will be contacted by Maruti Suzuki dealers for inspection and replacement of the component, free of cost.

Check here if your vehicle is affected -->https://apps.marutisuzuki.com/servicecampaign1.aspx
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 09:15   #131
Senior - BHPian

I have a query regarding the driveability of new swift. I test drove zxi and found the tyres 185/65 R15 do a great job on stability. However when I look at the spec vxi variant has 165/80 R14 tyres. Cleverly none of the dealers has vxi as a TD vehicle. And on a vxi display vehicle I found the tyres too skinny for that sized car. Due to some budget constraints I may go for vxi but in real words without a TD. Could somebody please tell me if there is any difference in driveability between vxi and zxi due to tyre size?

Other option for me is to wait for vitamin-M deficiency to go away and get a zxi.
Old 6th August 2018, 10:47   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to check out the car my wife will be buying this week. Must say, very impressed by Maruti's dealership experience. The car itself, a Swift Zxi, not so much, cost cutting is pretty obvious, and overall, the competition certainly has better built and better looking cars in the same segment. But in terms of dealership experience, Maruti is tops in my book.

I'm a bike guy and have never owned a car personally, but have driven/ridden a range of cars/bikes that the family has owned and am usually the guy who has to get them serviced, so have experienced a range of dealerships. From the dismissive arrogance of Honda (both 2-wheeler and 4; I think arrogance is a pan-Honda India culture thing), to the tepid disinterest of Bajaj, to the tragicomic ineptitude of Royal Enfield, to the ok-ok service attitude of Opel (when they were still around).

One telling sign is the way your staff treats women customers. Both of the most important women in my life (my wife and mother) have been driving since they turned 18 and have both bought and switched their own cars. There exists a certain dismissive attitude in us men when it comes to women drivers and that often extends to service/sales staff. I've seen the difference when answering automotive/technical/engineering questions a woman asks versus when those same questions are being asked by a male customer. Maruti, I'm happy to say seems to have trained their staff out of this.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 11:35   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I am in the same boat and I am also thinking about Swift AMT for replacing my wife's Jazz.
We took the plunge and got delivery of our new Midnight Blue Swift ZXi AGS this Sunday. The buying experience was quite smooth.

In accessories I got side garnish (black with chrome) and front grill garnish (silver) installed from the dealer. I also got Carpet Matting and Mud Flaps from accessory shop. I don't think anything else is required as of now.

The car is marked for use by my wife. However it was with me through out the day yesterday. I have been quite impressed with the car. I have used all kinds of automatics - Torque Converter - Dual Clutch - CVT and AGS is definitely different than all others. I really liked the tuning of AGS in Swift and in city driving I could, with my measured throttle inputs I could literally drove like Manual. And I enjoyed it.

I also love the music system and speakers. Music streaming through Bluetooth works like a charm. I haven't tried aux or usb yet. Bluetooth telephony also works well.

I had notices couple of things. When I unlocked the car only driver side door used to unlock. I had to press unlock button again to unlock other doors. The second thing that noticed was that when I turned off the car, the doors remained unlocked. I did't find this convenient and thankfully these things can be changed and I changed the setting with the help of following article.

https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index....=700&Itemid=91

One more thing that could add convenience is that ORVM does not close on its own when I turn off the car. I have to remember and manually close them before I turn off the car. Is there any way to change this setting?

Some pics of the car are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift : Official Review-img_20180807_095440.jpg  

Maruti Swift : Official Review-img_20180807_095503.jpg  

Maruti Swift : Official Review-img_20180807_095511.jpg  

Maruti Swift : Official Review-img_20180807_095527.jpg  

rutvij is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 14:07   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
We took the plunge and got delivery of our new Midnight Blue Swift ZXi AGS this Sunday. The buying experience was quite smooth.
Congrats @rutvij: I'm sure you'll find the ownership experience to be completely hassle free and the drive a great pleasure!

@other swift owners on team-bhp, how has your ownership been so far? I'm coming up to 3000km on the odometer.
Old 8th August 2018, 16:07   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Good move by Maruti, offering the choice to the Customer. So, now Swift is available in 14 Variants.

Comparing to Zxi and Zxi+, I can only see 2 major differences and 1 cosmetic. Smart Infotainment System and LED Projectors with DRL. Cosmetic being Precision Cut Alloy Wheels. Is it worth paying 80K over Zxi for the above upgrades? And On Road, the 80K difference jacks up to 96.5K in Bangalore.
It is the Vxi, the real VFM but I will always go with Zxi and not Zxi+ for sure. I am not a big fan of push button start/stop but other than that all features of Zxi (again not Zxi+) are all worth. Zxi+ is somehow not fitting in mind, primarily these features are not so great that having them will turn the world around and secondarily they are too expensive. BTW did anybody check if MGA is offering the infotainment system as aftermarket fitment? I remember when I bought my Ertiga Vxi back in 2016, the infotainment system was available for extra 30-35K from MGA. Projector lamps are not something must have and the diamond cut alloys are also not must have for me.
What I love for Zxi (and Zxi+ as well) are the 185/65 R15 tyres, real nice to have for extraordinary driveability (changing them to Michelin will make it great further)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks